Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 212

Thread: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

  1. #81
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Why? Each time, they vote to take Obamacare off the table and send it back.
    And that is what is wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,350

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Hyperbole, or did you go to the streets calling the SCOTUS out for treason when they overturned DOMA?
    The Supreme court is the highest in the land. They cannot commit treason.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,350

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, the manner in which Obamacare was passed, the actions of the IRS and the Justice of the Peace investigations of AP and James Rosen, attacking Libya without congressional approval, the lies about Benghazi, the practices of the NSA........I can show you multiple acts of treason from this administration.

    Many people don't acknowledge Obamacare as legitimate law because of the Al Capone nature of its passing. Chicago politics don't fly nationally.
    LOL What laws were broken passing the AHC act?

  4. #84
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,035

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL What laws were broken passing the AHC act?
    You don't think a law this massive, expensive, and all-consuming should require the standard 60 Senate votes? You're OK with a simple majority drawn purely on partisan lines through a technical procedure created for entirely different purposes?

    Obama studied the Constitution not because he wanted to uphold it. He studied so he could get around it and destroy it.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,350

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You don't think a law this massive, expensive, and all-consuming should require the standard 60 Senate votes? You're OK with a simple majority drawn purely on partisan lines through a technical procedure created for entirely different purposes?

    Obama studied the Constitution not because he wanted to uphold it. He studied so he could get around it and destroy it.
    The rules of the Senate were followed to a T. You're just mad because you don't like it. That is not a reason to repeal it unless you think you are a King. This country was formed so Kings like you would not get their way. You'd think you would have known that if you are a citizen here.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That is not a reason to repeal it
    Not liking how it was passed is a reason to repeal it.
    Not liking the legislation itself, is another.
    You do not decide if the "whys" are sufficient enough.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,350

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not liking how it was passed is a reason to repeal it.
    Not liking the legislation itself, is another.
    You do not decide if the "whys" are sufficient enough.
    You better get cracking then. You will need a Senate super-majority and the Whitehouse to have any chance at repeal. That's the way our system works. Good luck we are all counting on you.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You better get cracking then. You will need a Senate super-majority and the Whitehouse to have any chance at repeal. That's the way our system works. Good luck we are all counting on you.
    The sooner the better, but we do have years.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #89
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The Supreme court is the highest in the land. They cannot commit treason.
    There aren't LOLs enough to go with that statement. So, now the SCOTUS is the supreme branch of government?

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The rules of the Senate were followed to a T. You're just mad because you don't like it. That is not a reason to repeal it unless you think you are a King. This country was formed so Kings like you would not get their way. You'd think you would have known that if you are a citizen here.
    I disagree!


Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •