Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212

Thread: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I wonder how much of this was actually the girl and how much was her parents speaking for her.
    If her parents think the answers to our social problems lies in the response of a 9-year-old child then it really doesn't matter. They are just as juvenile.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Do you really want to have this debate?

    Obama has illegally changed the law 20 times. He doesn't have the Constitutional authority to grant thousands of waivers to his corporate pals, yet he does it anyways. He is operating outside his Constitutionally appointed powers like a dictator. I understand you think he's cool because Entertainment Tonight, MTV and lady Gaga told you that, but in reality he's a used car salesmen from Chicago on a power trip. Always campaigning. Never governing. Never leading. That's what these fascist leaders do. Endlessly campaign against a propaganda created enemy. Labeling his political opposition terrorists, arsonists, ect that want to kill children.

    Fascism is left wing collectivist ideology with it's roots firmly planted in Marxism. Mussolini was a radical Marxist before he created Fascism which he called "The Third Way" between Capitalism and Communism. Fascism and Communism are competing ideologies. Not opposite. Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini were praised by Western Left Wing politicians and journalists at the time. The reason why Hitler eliminated the Communists is because they were a rival faction of socialism. To the Nazis Capitalism was an evil jewish scheme. Their propaganda (especially anti jewish propaganda) always characterized the jews as evil greedy money grubbing capitalists. The same sentiments were expressed by Marx.

    As with all top down centralized authoritarian regimes (which is what Obama is attempting to create at the moment) Government tools become weapons against political opposition. The IRS, NSA, EPA and a host of other Government organizations have become hostile to The Public. Obama and his cronies care nothing for the Constitution. With this HC law their ultimate goal is to expand their power. That's all these left wing demagogues ever do. Play class warfare/divide/take control. Obamacare is not about HC. It's about control.

    I mean seriously, using a 9 year old girl for propaganda purposes like this is textbook Fascist propaganda. Anyways, feel free to reply claiming Fascist is right wing, but sorry you're wrong and your left wing teachers lied to you in school. If you want to go through the entire debate we can do that. I'll be happy to quote Hitler, Mussolini and several other prominent fascists and left wing westerners at the time like George Bernard Shaw who championed Hitler's eugenics program and socialist policies.

    Obamacare = Fascism

    He even wrote the damn bill with the insurance companies. Wake up man
    All we have to know is that Obama is granting waivers of the law to some groups and not to others. Is it the right of a President to allow some groups to escape the law of the land and charge others?

    There doesn't appear to be an easy answer to this.

  3. #103
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-13 @ 09:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Do you really want to have this debate?

    Obama has illegally changed the law 20 times. He doesn't have the Constitutional authority to grant thousands of waivers to his corporate pals, yet he does it anyways. He is operating outside his Constitutionally appointed powers like a dictator. I understand you think he's cool because Entertainment Tonight, MTV and lady Gaga told you that, but in reality he's a used car salesmen from Chicago on a power trip. Always campaigning. Never governing. Never leading. That's what these fascist leaders do. Endlessly campaign against a propaganda created enemy. Labeling his political opposition terrorists, arsonists, ect that want to kill children.

    Fascism is left wing collectivist ideology with it's roots firmly planted in Marxism. Mussolini was a radical Marxist before he created Fascism which he called "The Third Way" between Capitalism and Communism. Fascism and Communism are competing ideologies. Not opposite. Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini were praised by Western Left Wing politicians and journalists at the time. The reason why Hitler eliminated the Communists is because they were a rival faction of socialism. To the Nazis Capitalism was an evil jewish scheme. Their propaganda (especially anti jewish propaganda) always characterized the jews as evil greedy money grubbing capitalists. The same sentiments were expressed by Marx.

    As with all top down centralized authoritarian regimes (which is what Obama is attempting to create at the moment) Government tools become weapons against political opposition. The IRS, NSA, EPA and a host of other Government organizations have become hostile to The Public. Obama and his cronies care nothing for the Constitution. With this HC law their ultimate goal is to expand their power. That's all these left wing demagogues ever do. Play class warfare/divide/take control. Obamacare is not about HC. It's about control.

    I mean seriously, using a 9 year old girl for propaganda purposes like this is textbook Fascist propaganda. Anyways, feel free to reply claiming Fascist is right wing, but sorry you're wrong and your left wing teachers lied to you in school. If you want to go through the entire debate we can do that. I'll be happy to quote Hitler, Mussolini and several other prominent fascists and left wing westerners at the time like George Bernard Shaw who championed Hitler's eugenics program and socialist policies.

    Obamacare = Fascism

    He even wrote the damn bill with the insurance companies. Wake up man
    Cool story bro

  4. #104
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your observations are yours alone and are hyperbolic at that.
    The elected reps of this Republic, in this case, are doing what they were elected to do. That is their duty.
    You just don't like that because it isn't what you want them to do.

    Sorry you don't like that, but that is the reality of it.
    They are serving their party and the corporations which fund them, not the People. And so long as we keep voting for Republocrats with no punishment for when they stray, we will get this typical Republocrat behavior. The people have to grow up if they want to control the government. That's just a fundamental reality of a Republic. It's a Republic, if you can keep it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #105
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They are serving their party and the corporations which fund them, not the People. And so long as we keep voting for Republocrats with no punishment for when they stray, we will get this typical Republocrat behavior. The people have to grow up if they want to control the government. That's just a fundamental reality of a Republic. It's a Republic, if you can keep it.
    First of all what you say would apply just as equally to the Dems. So spare us.


    Secondly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They are serving their party and the corporations which fund them, not the People.
    Bs!
    It is the exact opposite for the majority, both Dems and Repubs.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #106
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    First of all what you say would apply just as equally to the Dems. So spare us.


    Secondly.

    Bs!
    It is the exact opposite for the majority, both Dems and Repubs.
    Ikari's big gripe is the two party system, which he thinks consists of two parties that are almost entirely the same if not exactly the same (hence "Republ"-->Republican---- "ocrat"---> Democrat). So yes, he thinks it applies just as equally to Democrats. He just thinks you and most other Americans aren't getting it or are "awake" yet.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 10-03-13 at 09:01 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #107
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Do you really want to have this debate?

    Obama has illegally changed the law 20 times. He doesn't have the Constitutional authority to grant thousands of waivers to his corporate pals, yet he does it anyways. He is operating outside his Constitutionally appointed powers like a dictator. I understand you think he's cool because Entertainment Tonight, MTV and lady Gaga told you that, but in reality he's a used car salesmen from Chicago on a power trip. Always campaigning. Never governing. Never leading. That's what these fascist leaders do. Endlessly campaign against a propaganda created enemy. Labeling his political opposition terrorists, arsonists, ect that want to kill children.

    Fascism is left wing collectivist ideology with it's roots firmly planted in Marxism. Mussolini was a radical Marxist before he created Fascism which he called "The Third Way" between Capitalism and Communism. Fascism and Communism are competing ideologies. Not opposite. Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini were praised by Western Left Wing politicians and journalists at the time. The reason why Hitler eliminated the Communists is because they were a rival faction of socialism. To the Nazis Capitalism was an evil jewish scheme. Their propaganda (especially anti jewish propaganda) always characterized the jews as evil greedy money grubbing capitalists. The same sentiments were expressed by Marx.

    As with all top down centralized authoritarian regimes (which is what Obama is attempting to create at the moment) Government tools become weapons against political opposition. The IRS, NSA, EPA and a host of other Government organizations have become hostile to The Public. Obama and his cronies care nothing for the Constitution. With this HC law their ultimate goal is to expand their power. That's all these left wing demagogues ever do. Play class warfare/divide/take control. Obamacare is not about HC. It's about control.

    I mean seriously, using a 9 year old girl for propaganda purposes like this is textbook Fascist propaganda. Anyways, feel free to reply claiming Fascist is right wing, but sorry you're wrong and your left wing teachers lied to you in school. If you want to go through the entire debate we can do that. I'll be happy to quote Hitler, Mussolini and several other prominent fascists and left wing westerners at the time like George Bernard Shaw who championed Hitler's eugenics program and socialist policies.

    Obamacare = Fascism

    He even wrote the damn bill with the insurance companies. Wake up man
    I'm not defending Obama or Obamacare, rather I do not agree with you calling him a fascist. However, I do have some questions:

    1. "Obama has illegally changed the law 20 times." Do you have any evidence of this?

    2. "Fascism is left wing collectivist ideology with it's roots firmly planted in Marxism." That is completely false. Fascism is a right wing ideology (PublicEye.org - The Website of Political Research Associates) (Fascism: Left Wing or Right Wing)

    "I understand you think he's cool because Entertainment Tonight, MTV and lady Gaga told you that." Do yourself a favor and don't ever attempt to put words in my mouth again. If you look at my posts, I actually am not a fan of Obama at all.

    Now if you want to say that Obama is growing the government to the point of authoritarianism, I would agree entirely.

    So far you have made statements, but provided no evidence to back up what you are saying.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    I'm not defending Obama or Obamacare, rather I do not agree with you calling him a fascist. However, I do have some questions:2. "Fascism is left wing collectivist ideology with it's roots firmly planted in Marxism." That is completely false. Fascism is a right wing ideology (PublicEye.org - The Website of Political Research Associates) (Fascism: Left Wing or Right Wing)
    Maybe they haven't seen this video. A VOTERS' GUIDE TO REPUBLICANS - YouTube

  9. #109
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    I'm not sure what world you folks have been living in the 20~30 years.
    The socialists have done nothing but make steady progress which has brought us to this.
    Claiming the Republicans are to blame is silly. We've been marching towards socialism since JFK was shot.

    The average American wage slave looks at his paystub and see's the Fed tax, State tax, medicare/medicare tax withholdings
    and of course realize the FICA has to be matched by your employer and can not draw the conclusion that he's a slave to the government?

    No he can not, he is a mindless drone programmed to obey. Anyone that won't is an enemy of the state?

    If you'd ever run a C Corp or an LLC you'd not be so ignorant, if everyone knew this crud would be stopped overnight.

  10. #110
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62

    Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter to Congress Telling Them to Grow Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    End of story NOT! What the repugs want is ridiculous. The ACA passed and is going forward. They need to stop this nonsense and do their job!!!!!!
    Really? Tell that DOMA. Legislation that was properly and overwhelmingly passed...and the President refused to defend as was his constitutional duty. So bag it!

    Secondly, the House has done it's job...far more than the Senate as the House has passed multiple budgets and has, on multiple occasions repackaged what it wants now. So please pull the blinders off and open your eyes to reality. The GOP House has produced four different variants to get this CR done...the real problem is that the President and the Democrats in the Senate refuse to delay the ACA. And they refuse to do so despite not only the multiple delays in implementing major components of the ACA but even the President acknowledging that it was not ready to be fully implemented.

    So, please...stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •