Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 144

Thread: Negotations start this evening.

  1. #1
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Negotations start this evening.

    "President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House to discuss the government shutdown and the debt ceiling, according to spokeswoman Amy Brundage.

    Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calf., have been asked to attend a meeting at 5:30 p.m.

    So far the shutdown has seen a surprising lack of communication among the top leaders, with Boehner demanding the president agree to roll back the Affordable Care Act and Obama and Reid refusing to consider any such concessions under threat of shutdown or default.

    Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck released a statement welcoming the invite: “We’re pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible. It’s unclear why we’d be having this meeting if it’s not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties.”
    Obama Invites Leaders to White House to Talk Shutdown, Debt : Roll Call News


    LOL. Why anyone believes anything he says is beyond me.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #2
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    "President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House to discuss the government shutdown and the debt ceiling, according to spokeswoman Amy Brundage.

    Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calf., have been asked to attend a meeting at 5:30 p.m.

    So far the shutdown has seen a surprising lack of communication among the top leaders, with Boehner demanding the president agree to roll back the Affordable Care Act and Obama and Reid refusing to consider any such concessions under threat of shutdown or default.

    Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck released a statement welcoming the invite: “We’re pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible. It’s unclear why we’d be having this meeting if it’s not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties.”
    Obama Invites Leaders to White House to Talk Shutdown, Debt : Roll Call News


    LOL. Why anyone believes anything he says is beyond me.
    There seems to be an issue. How can you negotiate with someone when all they have are demands?
    Hail to the King baby!

  3. #3
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    There seems to be an issue. How can you negotiate with someone when all they have are demands?

    LOL. Have you ever bought a car on your own?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #4
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL. Why anyone believes anything he says is beyond me.
    Agreed. He no doubt wants to lecture them about his privileges as messiah.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    How come people are under the impression that it was ever a reasonable idea that President Obama would ever sign a bill that eliminates Obamacare?

    Like, if the Democrats were playing chicken with the debt ceiling and demanding a shutdown of every coal plant in the country "in exchange for" continued government operation, would anybody here seriously be bashing Republicans for a "refusal to negotiate?"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,139

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    I'll believe it when I see it. I've read this book before and it doesn't end well.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  7. #7
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How come people are under the impression that it was ever a reasonable idea that President Obama would ever sign a bill that eliminates Obamacare?
    The last Continuing Resolution did nothing of the sort. It delayed the individual mandate (same one Corporate interests were given unilaterally by the Administration) and removed a 75% subsidy for Congress and staffers that make over six figures. So, how again does that eliminate Obamacare? I can see how you might have missed that, the news is only reporting as if the GOP sole compromise was to defund Obamacare. You have to dig a little to find that fact.

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've read this book before and it doesn't end well.
    How can you possibly read? Is there light in there?

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    The last Continuing Resolution did nothing of the sort. It delayed the individual mandate (same one Corporate interests were given unilaterally by the Administration) and removed a 75% subsidy for Congress and staffers that make over six figures. So, how again does that eliminate Obamacare? I can see how you might have missed that, the news is only reporting as if the GOP sole compromise was to defund Obamacare. You have to dig a little to find that fact.
    This is only slightly less stupid of a request. How well do you think insurance companies are going to do when forced to take people with pre-existing conditions and no mandate to push healthy people onto the rolls? That's your reasonable request from the GOP?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This is only slightly less stupid of a request. How well do you think insurance companies are going to do when forced to take people with pre-existing conditions and no mandate to push healthy people onto the rolls? That's your reasonable request from the GOP?
    what you don't understand the large majority of those who have or will sign up on the exchanges will be the ones with preexisting conditions that is going to require expensive treatment and not enough young healthy people will enroll to offset the cost because one they don't need it two because it is cheaper to pay the fine. insurance companies will just have to increase premiums even higher then they already are to make up the cost which will drive more and more healthy individuals not to enroll or drop their insurance and like the snowball effect Obama care will collapse from its own cost
    Last edited by trfjr; 10-02-13 at 08:27 PM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •