Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 144

Thread: Negotations start this evening.

  1. #11
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This is only slightly less stupid of a request. How well do you think insurance companies are going to do when forced to take people with pre-existing conditions and no mandate to push healthy people onto the rolls? That's your reasonable request from the GOP?
    Your point is utter BS as the majority of Americans won't be in the system since the Administration unilaterally allowed a year delay to their insurance companies biggest customers....you know....the employers. The individual mandate delay would have have little impact anyway until employers dump their coverage and force their employees into the system. Of course the Democrats couldn't have that happen going into the mid-term elections.

    So again, a year long delay for the individual mandate is a reasonable compromise.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Agreed. He no doubt wants to lecture them about his privileges as messiah.
    Hey, the messiah meme, and only three posts in. Another reason why the Senate shouldn't bother to talk to irrational tea partiers.

    There is nothing to negotiate. The GOP must comply or be removed from office.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    what you don't understand the large majority of those who have or will sign up on the exchanges will be the ones with preexisting conditions that is going to require expensive treatment and not enough young healthy people will enroll to offset the cost because one they don't need it two because it is cheaper to pay the fine. insurance companies will just have to increase premiums even higher then they already are to make up the cost which will drive more and more healthy individuals not to enroll or drop their insurance and like the snowball effect Obama care will collapse from its own cost
    So because you think Obamacare will collapse one way, it's ok for the Republicans to deliberately accelerate it?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So because you think Obamacare will collapse one way, it's ok for the Republicans to deliberately accelerate it?
    they are not trying to accelerate it the are trying to save the public from it that the majority of America wants

  5. #15
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    they are not trying to accelerate it the are trying to save the public from it that the majority of America wants
    how can you delay the mandate if the market places are already in effect?

    and people like this guy are benefiting.

    Meet Butch Matthews, A Republican Who Came To Love Obamacare After Realizing It Will Save Him $13,000 | ThinkProgress

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    they are not trying to accelerate it the are trying to save the public from it that the majority of America wants
    The mandate is unpopular. Virtually every other part is quite popular when you actually ask people questions about things the bill actually does.

    (rather than, say, making up stories about death panels and congressional exemptions)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    So they had the meeting and apparently it lasted for about an hour and half....so they must have talked about something. But I don't know, it doesn't look very promising judging by the separate press conferences that Reid, Pelosi and Boehner just had.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    how can you delay the mandate if the market places are already in effect?

    and people like this guy are benefiting.

    Meet Butch Matthews, A Republican Who Came To Love Obamacare After Realizing It Will Save Him $13,000 | ThinkProgress
    from your link
    "particularly concerning considering he had to have two stents placed in his heart in 2006." preexisting condition

    and I will repeat what I posted on the other page

    the large majority of those who have or will sign up on the exchanges will be the ones with preexisting conditions that is going to require expensive treatment and not enough young healthy people will enroll to offset the cost because one they don't need it two because it is cheaper to pay the fine. insurance companies will just have to increase premiums even higher then they already are to make up the cost which will drive more and more healthy individuals not to enroll or drop their exchange insurance and like the snowball effect Obama care will collapse from its own cost

    so please post more and more of these preexisting conditions signing up for Obama care stories it will collapse it

  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, the messiah meme, and only three posts in. Another reason why the Senate shouldn't bother to talk to irrational tea partiers.

    There is nothing to negotiate. The GOP must comply or be removed from office.
    There is nothing to negotiate. This President has shown remarkable patience and poise amidst the noise and smoke screens by the party of no, that has no respect for our laws and traditions as a country. 99.9% of people want this and needd this. Hope and change 4 ever. We stand as one!
    Caitlyn Strong...

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Negotations start this evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The mandate is unpopular. Virtually every other part is quite popular when you actually ask people questions about things the bill actually does.

    (rather than, say, making up stories about death panels and congressional exemptions)
    of coarse when you just tell people about the candy and hide what the true effects are

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •