Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: House to try again to pass 3 emergency funding bills amid government slimdown

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: House to try again to pass 3 emergency funding bills amid government slimdown

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    '

    There's a section for Conspiracy Theories.

    Nowhere does Obamacare dictate your healthcare, it dictates that you have to get insurance, which you buy from an insurance company. They control your health care, and frankly have for some time. Or you could prove what you're saying, but I assume you won't because you never do.

    Did Romneycare end all civil liberties in Massachusetts? Did you vote for the guy behind it? Considering your position in cheerleading for Romney on this board during the election, you have no credibility in suddenly coming out anti-authoritarian. Romney is every bit the authoritarian Obama is.
    It's not a conspiracy theory...

    You may as well say those who are opposed to red light cameras because government uses them for funding need to put a "tin foil hat on."

    Democrats want to use Obamacare as a tool to regulate every aspect of reality as we know it within the United States...

    Obamacare gives the federal government the authority to regulate anything they see fit...

    Obamacare is step one of a new totalitarian regime...

    Of course the totalitarians want you to label me a "nut conspiracy theorist."

    Maybe if you were vigilant you would come to the same conclusion, but you're not - you still believe Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al are Jesus and actually care about you, when they're buying their position into an authoritarian regime...

  2. #92
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: House to try again to pass 3 emergency funding bills amid government slimdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Maybe if you were vigilant you would come to the same conclusion, but you're not - you still believe Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al are Jesus and actually care about you, when they're buying their position into an authoritarian regime...
    What's sad is that you really believe that.

    Didn't you believe Romney was going to save us? If you were as vigilant as you claim, you'd see that Republicans are just as totalitarian as Democrats, and that whether you call it Romneycare or Obamacare, it's the same animal. Yet just a year ago, you were telling us that Romney was going to win Illinois and save us from eternal damnation. And I'm the one who thinks politicians walk on water...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Democrats Hold

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....spouting Bonner's talking points? Explain to us how a law passed by both houses of Congress and upheld by the United States Supreme Court after a Constitutional challenge is akin to a "dictatorhsip".....this should be good.......
    Passed in the dead of night using shady reconciliation tactics straight down party lines

    Slavery and Jim Crow were also upheld by SCOTUS. So were Japanese concentration camps. Oh and those were all Democrat ideas too. I sense a pattern here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's not a conspiracy theory...

    You may as well say those who are opposed to red light cameras because government uses them for funding need to put a "tin foil hat on."

    Democrats want to use Obamacare as a tool to regulate every aspect of reality as we know it within the United States...

    Obamacare gives the federal government the authority to regulate anything they see fit...

    Obamacare is step one of a new totalitarian regime...

    Of course the totalitarians want you to label me a "nut conspiracy theorist."

    Maybe if you were vigilant you would come to the same conclusion, but you're not - you still believe Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al are Jesus and actually care about you, when they're buying their position into an authoritarian regime...
    Today Democrats block WW2 vets from visiting their memorial. Tomorrow Obama withholds HC. When you give a centralized Government this kind of power over your lives, they always abuse it. Use it as a hammer for behavior modification.

    Didn't you believe Romney was going to save us?
    Nobody believed Romney was a savior. He was just slightly better than the complete failure that is Obama. We don't do American idol worship like the Hope and Change cultists
    Last edited by Bronson; 10-02-13 at 09:52 PM.

  4. #94
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,377

    Re: Democrats Hold

    I think this is a clever strategy by the republicans because it gives everyone an opportunity to discuss the importance of maintaining certain government functions. Is NIH important and should be funded, are the parks, the military, etc.?

    All agencies should be funded in this manner, all the time, not just during a manufactured crisis and a manufactured response. I think something like this was done in the movie Dave. "I don't want to tell some eight-year-old kid he's gotta sleep in the street because we want people to feel better about their *car*. Do *you* want to tell them that? "

  5. #95
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,889

    Re: House to try again to pass 3 emergency funding bills amid government slimdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's not a conspiracy theory...
    Yes, it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You may as well say those who are opposed to red light cameras because government uses them for funding need to put a "tin foil hat on."
    Well, they don't, because that one's actually true. Of course red light cameras are used to boost revenue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Democrats want to use Obamacare as a tool to regulate every aspect of reality as we know it within the United States...
    Nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Obamacare gives the federal government the authority to regulate anything they see fit...
    Bullcrap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Obamacare is step one of a new totalitarian regime...
    Wrong-o.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Of course the totalitarians want you to label me a "nut conspiracy theorist."
    Well, apparently you are one, so if the shoe fits ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Maybe if you were vigilant you would come to the same conclusion, but you're not - you still believe Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al are Jesus and actually care about you, when they're buying their position into an authoritarian regime...
    "Vigilant" and "crazy" are not synonyms.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #96
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,889

    Re: House to try again to pass 3 emergency funding bills amid government slimdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The Senate has been rejecting their funding bills unless non progressives fund Obamacare which every intelligent individual knows will KILL YOUR CIVIL LIBERTIES ENTIRELY and grand government authorization of all social and industrial activities - from the small business to the individual to the corporation....

    This is pure fiction.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •