Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 244

Thread: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va [W: 86,235]

  1. #211
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Oh goodie, please share this proof..


    Tim-
    "Gay couples aren't monogamous"? People saying this have no idea what they are talking about.

    First, some straight info on cheating/non-monogamy.

    A nationally representative survey of 884 men put the number at only 23 percent. A much bigger but unrepresentative MSNBC survey found that nearly half of adults cheat—exactly the same percentage as the San Francisco study found with gay men. Other reports have found the same—that 50 percent of married men cheat—and one also found that the vast majority will not admit to it,
    So you think gay men are promiscuous? | Patrick Strudwick | Comment is free | theguardian.com

    There is only a one percentage point difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals in their promiscuity: 98% of gay people have had 20 or fewer sexual partners; 99% of straight people have had the same number. Tellingly, OkCupid found that it is just 2% of gay people that are having 23% of the total reported gay sex.
    Heck my numbers were even way too high.

    More info.

    Study finds US gay men becoming less promiscuous | Gay Star News

    Data from the US National Surveys of Family Growth appears to show that American gay men have become less promiscuous over the decade that same-sex marriages first began to become available to them. - See more at: Study finds US gay men becoming less promiscuous | Gay Star News
    Hey look, same sex marriage being available appears to do exactly what many supporters have said, that it is likely to help encourage monogamy and discourage promiscuity.

    The majority of past data came from horribly flawed studies, studies done on AIDS/HIV positive people (hello, they got an STI, of course they aren't likely to be very monogamous), or in bars (again, not exactly a place for discouraging promiscuity, for straights or gays). I bet if we did the same types of surveys in the same way of straight people, we would get pretty similar results to those found in those old studies of gay men.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #212
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    The rules aren't arbitrary.
    really? do tell then
    what are they factually based on that should matter vs equal rights and fighting against illegal discrimination.

    what FACTUAL reasons are they based on that trump those things
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #213
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That is fact actually.
    nothign you said was fact, nothing.
    if you disagree in your next post, post the factual support to make it so.
    no deflections, no spin, no double talking

    post the facts that make it arbitrary and not based on equal rights and fighting illegal/unfair discrimination.

    i bet you dodge it and if you dont it will be another failure, cant wait to read these FACT you claim to have
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #214
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not really a choice, and again neither here nor there. These are consenting adults and you're blocking their right to contract based on some arbitrary discrimination.
    This is a new application. ( right to contract )
    Okay, I'm about to learn all types of things today. Could you explain the application of this to personal relationships as opposed to the acquisition and ownership ?

    G'day Ikari

    Thom Paine
    Last edited by Thom Paine; 10-03-13 at 03:45 PM.

  5. #215
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Mr. Hicup is correct on this matter; almost all surveys of Homosexuals, in relationships, marriages, or single, showed polyamorous tendencies. But, that still shouldn't change the law; there's nothing illegal about promiscuity, and heterosexuals, including married couples, have stable rates of promiscuous behavior. Again, banning SSM wouldn't "stop" what they're doing, so it's a non-sequitur to say, "They're promiscuous, so they shouldn't be allowed to marry."
    While promiscuity is not a factor in determining rights, he still isn't correct anymore. The belief is founded on old data and surveys, which have been found to be wrong and flawed. Plus, they weren't being compared to all straight people, mainly only married straight people, which is another flaw in the studies. I gave the information for why he is wrong.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #216
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I hope you are comfortable in your little fantasy world. You should read the entire context of the thread. I had a point, you just like to troll around with anything I say and take things out of context to "prove you write," when actually you just look like a bully and an idiot.
    translation: your post is still factually a failure, you helped proved that and are now deflecting and nobody honest buys it. but please continue to deny that fact and lash out. it makes it more funny.

    nothing was taken out of context, your post was factually meaningless to the discussion. if you disagree by all means prove otherwise.
    also did you just mistype "write" and call somebody an idiot in the same post? WOW

    using facts never makes one look like a bully or idiot, its actually funny to even read somebody claim that.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 10-03-13 at 03:47 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #217
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nothign you said was fact, nothing.
    if you disagree in your next post, post the factual support to make it so.
    no deflections, no spin, no double talking

    post the facts that make it arbitrary and not based on equal rights and fighting illegal/unfair discrimination.

    i bet you dodge it and if you dont it will be another failure, cant wait to read these FACT you claim to have
    You love to make up your own definition of "facts".
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #218
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: your post is still factually a failure, you helped proved that and are now deflecting and nobody honest buys it. but please continue to deny that fact and lash out. it makes it more funny.

    nothing was taken out of context, your post was factually meaningless to the discussion. if you disagree by all means prove otherwise.
    also did you just mistype "write" and call somebody an idiot in the same post? WOW

    using facts never makes one look like a bully or idiot, its actually funny to even read somebody claim that.
    You don't use facts. You say the same nonsense over and over and never post anything of true substance. You are just like Obama "your way or the highway"
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #219
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You love to make up your own definition of "facts".
    BOOM! called it, i knew you would dodge it thank you for exposing your failed posts again

    translation: you cant post any so you post another lie and deflection.

    i will ask AGAIN
    if you disagree in your next post, post the factual support to make it so.
    no deflections, no spin, no double talking

    post the facts that make it arbitrary and not based on equal rights and fighting illegal/unfair discrimination.

    i bet you dodge it and if you dont it will be another failure, cant wait to read these FACT you claim to have
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #220
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You don't use facts. You say the same nonsense over and over and never post anything of true substance. You are just like Obama "your way or the highway"
    translation: you still cant defend your failed post and are continuing to deflect. totally hilarious.

    so since you claim i am wrong can you explain to us why your link FACTUALLY matter to his comment?
    cant wait to read it. I bet you dodge this question again.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •