Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 244

Thread: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va [W: 86,235]

  1. #91
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Considering marriage isn't a civil liberty the definition doesn't matter...

    "gay rights" is blatant ignorance...
    Marriage is a civil right. Period. The SCOTUS has ruled as such many times.

    But again, as long as marriage is within our laws, it is also protected by equal protection, meaning that it has to apply equally to all, without restrictions, unless those restrictions can be shown to further a legitimate state interest. I know I keep repeating this, but it is what this comes down to, and something that those against same sex marriage constantly ignore or don't seem to understand what it means.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #92
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Considering marriage isn't a civil liberty the definition doesn't matter...

    "gay rights" is blatant ignorance...
    more baseless opinion that is proven wrong by facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Marriage is a civil right. Period. The SCOTUS has ruled as such many times.

    But again, as long as marriage is within our laws, it is also protected by equal protection, meaning that it has to apply equally to all, without restrictions, unless those restrictions can be shown to further a legitimate state interest. I know I keep repeating this, but it is what this comes down to, and something that those against same sex marriage constantly ignore or don't seem to understand what it means.

    Where is gay marriage a right?

    Show me something that justifies your position?

  4. #94
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Where is gay marriage a right?

    Show me something that justifies your position?
    Marriage is a right. Marriage is not defaulted at one man and one woman within the law, despite some people's beliefs. Since marriage is a right, that right exists to all potential couples, including same sex couples, up til the state can show a legitimate reason why it shouldn't. And the right to be treated equally unless the state can show a legitimate state interest is furthered by not treating people of either sex equally is a right, guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #95
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    SSM is not like interacial marriage, that's a very very weak straw-man and slander tactic that is constantly tossed aorund in these threads. Let me know when sexuality is specifically mentioned in the Constitution as protected like race is (and don't try and use the fallacy that it's illegal gender discrimination to ban SSM).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninth Amendment
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Just so we're clear, "you don't have that right because it's not specifically mentioned in the constitution" is ALWAYS wrong. It's in the freaking Bill of Rights!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Do you honestly think I give 2 (*&^% what your opinion of me is? We have the same argument once a week. Can you guys chill with the Gay Thumper agenda a bit and trim these "homosexuality is awesome you're a bigot if you don't agree" threads down to once a month please. Thanks.
    See, nobody actually says that. We say "homosexuality is okay, and you are a bigot if you try to stop or hurt people for being different from you." Notice how no one is trying to make bigotry illegal? You have a right to your opinion. Your opinion is still wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Is beastiality natural and healthy? How about pedophilia?
    It might be for the person with those desires, but acting on them infringes on the right of consent of the other person, so we don't allow them. Two consenting gay adults do not present this problem.

    Secondly we know homosexual sex (sodomy between males) is the most risky form of sexual behavior practiced. Ramming your penis up a feces bag filled with nasty bacteria isn't natural and it isn't healthy.
    Oh look, another rant about gay anal sex that assumes that anal sex between heterosexuals is perfectly proper because it's happening to women or that gay women don't factor into the equation at all. So there's more chance for STDs, so what? That's what condoms and tests for infections are for. What difference does this make? We don't prevent people from marrying if they're HIV positive. Why would we prevent people from marrying because they might be at greater risk, but don't actually have it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    What harm does beastiality cause to society? Muslims marry 13 year olds and engage in pedophilia. I thought we were supposed to be tolerant of Muslims?
    Arguments like these always take sex or marriage as a one-sided thing. "Muslims marry 13 year olds". As if the 13 year olds, the children, are mere objects. They're not. They're people with rights, which includes being protected from sexual exploitation, by anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't give a **** - It makes no ****ing difference to me considering marriage is NOT A LEGAL RIGHT.... If you want it to be then amend the ****ing constitution...
    See above 9th Amendment.

    There is no such thing as "gay rights" its all a power grab
    It has nothing to do with rights and everything to do with attempting to take advantage of every situation possible...
    Explain this to me, then. A power grab to do what? Take advantage of the situation to do what? Looks to me like the only power that gays are trying to grab is the power to marry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Marriage is not a Civil Right
    See above 9th Amendment, and see Loving v Virginia and the 14th Amendment to understand that yes, marriage is a civil right.

    If you give gays the special right you have to give it to every other deviant fetish sexual group as well
    Okay, we'll give all the BDSM people or whoever the right to marry, too. We'll even give the furries the right to marry each other. Oh wait, they already have that. Gee, that was easy.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You're not citing a definition. You're citing a marketing strategy which has been pushed for decades to make people believe Homosexuality is natural and normal. It is nothing of the sort.
    No, I'm citing a definition. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the dictionary's accuracy because it proves you wrong is of no concern of mine.

    Homosexuality is a mental disorder.
    No, this has been proven incorrect. Your ignorance on this topic does not alter the reality of the truth.

    All fetishes are a mental disorder.
    Ah. This proves that you are uneducated on psychology and diagnoses. In order for something to be a mental disorder, it needs to be shown to cause distress and/or affect functioning. Not all fetishes do that.

    Your resume of being uneducated on these topics is expanding.

    Gays use their partners to masturbate or engage in sodomy.
    So, you still don't understand the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. You still don't know what the word sodomy means. It is good to know that you allow your meaningless personal opinions to prevent you from learning this basic information.

    There is no true sexual intercourse.
    Which is irrelevant.

    Enough with this premise that Gays are these clean wonderful moral people or something that we can't criticize. What they do is filthy. It is classified as "high risk" behavior. It is an unhealthy and unnatural sexual practice.
    This further demonstrates your complete ignorance on the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.

    There are SEVERE health risks associated with it.
    There are no severe health risks associated with homosexuality. There are severe health risks associated with risky sexual behavior... but we know you do not understand the difference between the basic concepts of sexual orientation and sexual behavior.

    Poor Bronson. You keep running into the same roadblock with every comment you make.

    Do you engage in severe risky behavior knowingly?
    Can you describe severe risky behavior? Bet you can't.

    Nature didn't intend something to be rammed up where the poop comes out. I know MSNBC told you differently, but the biological purpose of the anus has to do with holding feces. It's filled with bacteria. Only someone with some serious issues would want to put their penis in that.
    I know you get all of your information from Fox News, but apparently they don't know the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior either. And it's such a basic concept, Bronson. Why do you resist learning it?

    Incorrect

    It wasn't even 5% in the studies. These studies were done by pro gay researchers. Even one of the most prominent researchers admitted recently there isn't a gay gene. That it's entirely external and environmental factors after birth. They haven't found one for lack of trying. They haven't found one because it doesn't exist.
    Incorrect. Your suppositions have nothing to do with reality. Basic biological research that had nothing to do with sexual orientation discovered how identical twins differ... oh, but this is point number 1,287,431 that destroys your position, so of course you will not accept it. Further, the studies that have proven that homosexuality is not a mental illness have been around for at least 60 years. There are plenty of them.

    Poor Bronson. Still allowing your meaningless and valueless personal opinions to prevent you from becoming educated on this issue. I am trying, though.

    Time Travel hasn't been discovered yet either. Good luck with that
    Glad we agree. Unless you can see into the future, you cannot say something like that definitively.

    Says the guy who is anti science. Those who can't pass on their genes die out. If homosexuality was genetic, Evolution would have found a purpose for it by now.
    And yet we know that you are anti-science and anti-fact. You deny or don't understand definitions, you deny or don't understand research, and you don't know basic concepts like the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. And since we also know that straights give birth do gays and gays give birth to straights, we know that what you said above is easily shown to have no merit. As do all of the things you say on this topic as I repeatedly prove.

    Do you honestly think I give 2 (*&^% what your opinion of me is? We have the same argument once a week. Can you guys chill with the Gay Thumper agenda a bit and trim these "homosexuality is awesome you're a bigot if you don't agree" threads down to once a month please. Thanks.
    I have never called you a bigot nor have I said that homosexuality is awesome. This is just an example of one of your valueless talking points. And yes, we do have this same argument once a week. When you stop posting uneducated misinformation, I will stop humiliating your comments by showing them to have no merit as I do every time you post on this topic. The choice is yours.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #97
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I've swatted this lie away a thousand times. Homosexual sexual activity doesn't occur in nature because of sexual attraction. There is no gay instinct in animals to mate. It happens because of dominance and other confused stimuli. It's completely irrational behavior.
    You haven't swatted away anything. All you did is confuse sexual behavior with sexual orientation as you always do. You don't understand the difference as has been proven with every post you make.



    Homosexuality was classified as a DSM II mental disorder until it was removed for political purposes. Like Global Warming, The Left has politicized science. Gay Mafia activists would repeatedly picket APA events and get their protests all over the evening news until the APA eventually relented and removed it from the DSM. This was done for political reasons. Not scientific.
    This is a lie that you, amongst others, laughingly try to present. I have produced and posted plenty of evidence that proves you wrong. Of course, you would prefer to believe this lie because if you don't, much of your argument disintegrates.

    You're lying

    Is beastiality natural and healthy? How about pedophilia? Secondly we know homosexual sex (sodomy between males) is the most risky form of sexual behavior practiced. Ramming your penis up a feces bag filled with nasty bacteria isn't natural and it isn't healthy.
    See, this is what you do. You mention the word "fetish" and then you change the goalposts. You do know that there are literally hundreds of fetishes. Let me explain something to you Bronson. You are ignorant of psychology and diagnoses. That is what I do for a living. Not every fetish is a mental disorder. This is a fact. Your posting of false information on this issue has now been corrected. Please act accordingly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #98
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    So any fetish should have the right to change the definition of marriage?

    What harm does beastiality cause to society? Muslims marry 13 year olds and engage in pedophilia. I thought we were supposed to be tolerant of Muslims?
    So, the word fetish is another word of which you are ignorant of the definition. Actually, since I already defined the word fetish in this thread, I would have to say that you are just being willfully dishonest at this point.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #99
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Who gives a damn what consensual adults do in their own bedrooms?

    What empirical evidence is there showing that allowing gay marriage will negatively affect the well-being of the American people?
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  10. #100
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay rights organization files federal lawsuit challenging W.Va

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    It's a fetish
    Already proven false in this thread. You are being willfully dishonest by ignoring the posted definition.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •