Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 201

Thread: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy[W:200]

  1. #181
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    It does look as if there may have been a miscalculation by the left. That Obamacare isn't ready for prime time is obvious. The administration is constrained by the election time table and find themselves forced to get as many signed up for an incomplete and unfinished program as possible or watch it die on the vine. I think they're damned either way, regardless of the shut down flap and who is perceived to have come out on top in the short term. How's your leg progressing, BTW?
    : with your thoughts on Obamacare!

    The surgeon I am seeing here is very pleased that everything is ahead of what they refer to as the recovery curve. He told me no marathon running should be attempted till Spring, though! I wholeheartedly agreed with him, and told him that since I didn't participate before I broke my leg, I didn't feel any great need to push my luck now! : We both enjoyed that little exchange!

  2. #182
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    : with your thoughts on Obamacare!

    The surgeon I am seeing here is very pleased that everything is ahead of what they refer to as the recovery curve. He told me no marathon running should be attempted till Spring, though! I wholeheartedly agreed with him, and told him that since I didn't participate before I broke my leg, I didn't feel any great need to push my luck now! : We both enjoyed that little exchange!
    Ha! So you've bent the recovery curve. Good deal. Here's a site that'll give you all you need to reconsider your decision as Spring approaches: MarathonGuide.com - US Marathons Races Directory and Schedule

  3. #183
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    They aren't, they just keep pointing out the lies of Obama and his cronies..
    You do a great job illustrating just how desperate the GOP has become.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #184
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    You do a great job illustrating just how desperate the GOP has become.
    Not desperate, we just deal with truth, not liberal lies.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #185
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not desperate, we just deal with truth, not liberal lies.
    The truth is, the ACA is legal and now active.

    It is also true that the only thing your party can do about it is the proverbial "i'll hold my breath until i turn blue". Now they will have to accept the consequences their actions, whether they want to or not (just like the ACA).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #186
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Ha! So you've bent the recovery curve. Good deal. Here's a site that'll give you all you need to reconsider your decision as Spring approaches: MarathonGuide.com - US Marathons Races Directory and Schedule
    Ha! Come Spring, and gardening, I'll hopefully be too busy to run after anything except the Chihuahua I'm babysitting! God, that little guy is fast! I guess when you only weigh five pounds, you gotta be nimble to survive! :

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    The truth is, the ACA is legal and now active.
    So was slavery at one time

    What's your point. We don't live in a Dictatorship (yet)

    Laws can be repealed and/or defunded. That's how our Government works. I certainly don't remember you claiming The Bush Tax cuts were "The law of the land" or a million other examples I could easily give.

  8. #188
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    So was slavery at one time
    A most ridiculous (not to mention desperate) comparison.

    Laws can be repealed and/or defunded. That's how our Government works.
    Agreed. Just as there are appropriate venues to repeal specific legislation. The budgeting process is just not one of them.

    I certainly don't remember you claiming The Bush Tax cuts were "The law of the land" or a million other examples I could easily give.
    Again, a poor comparison (at best). The expiration date of the Bush tax cuts were built into the legislation itself.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    A most ridiculous (not to mention desperate) comparison.
    Not at all. You're just characterizing it that way because it completely obliterates your argument

    Agreed. Just as there are appropriate venues to repeal specific legislation. The budgeting process is just not one of them.
    I don't remember you using this argument when Democrats used their power over the budget to threaten defunding The Iraq War

    Again, a poor comparison (at best). The expiration date of the Bush tax cuts were built into the legislation itself.
    Which still didn't stop people like you from screaming they needed to be repealed for years and years. You're only labeling things a poor comparison because you don't have a logical counter to it. You only make my point stronger because you didn't think it through. By still demanding those tax cuts be repealed (knowing they had an expiration date) that just shows that Democrats certainly don't respect established laws, even with expiration dates. We never see Kushinator tell Democrats "It's the law of the land" when they oppose laws on principle. No, we're supposed to shut up and allow The Government to compel us by force according to Kushinator. #smh

  10. #190
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Not at all. You're just characterizing it that way because it completely obliterates your argument
    Slavery was the act of treating a human being as property. That you cannot understand why your comparison fails is for you to figure out.

    I don't remember you using this argument when Democrats used their power over the budget to threaten defunding The Iraq War.
    The Iraq war was funded via deficit spending, during a period of economic growth. Sending our troops to kill or be killed is not the same thing as domestic health care reform. Imagine how much stronger the economy would have been had that money been spent domestically instead of destroying and then rebuilding a ME nation.

    Which still didn't stop people like you from screaming they needed to be repealed for years and years.
    Show me where i screamed anything of the sort. Hence, your response is invalid.

    You're only labeling things a poor comparison because you don't have a logical counter to it.
    A poor comparison is a poor comparison; it has nothing to do with your perception of my ability to logically counter it.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •