Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 201

Thread: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy[W:200]

  1. #101
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Doesn't matter. Your point is demonstrably flawed. These things happen, i'll give you a clue, they're called anomalies.
    You proved that my point that Michelle Bachmann may as well have lost the election was wrong because Scott Brown won a special election in Massachusetts? Eh... alright there.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #102
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You keep bringing this up as if it wasn't a fact that Democrats lost some weak seats in contested districts that swing back and forth. Why?
    Because the Tea Party caused people to realize that trusting a Blue Dog Democrat to do what's best for America had become impossible.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  3. #103
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    No, it's their will to at least delay the individual mandate of Obamacare.
    Which as I pointed out is not happening because they've shut down government. ObamaCare is still being implemented as we speak. So in short, what they've accomplished is to make it harder for their own supposed fan base gun owners, small business owners and such to actually get guns and loans.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #104
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    So let's get out in front of it and hamstring the country!
    Awesome retort.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  5. #105
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    so unpopular laws should have never bee repealed. I guess you are for slavery and segregating because they where laws at one time also
    Sure laws can be repealed...but the proper way is to go through the legislative process, not result to extortion tactics
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #106
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Because the Tea Party caused people to realize that trusting a Blue Dog Democrat to do what's best for America had become impossible.
    Lol - blue dogs? Only 6 Blue Dogs were actually defeated by Republicans - again, you're stretching it to make it seem as if Republicans took over some massive Democrat stronghold. They really didn't.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #107
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol - blue dogs? Only 6 Blue Dogs were actually defeated by Republicans - again, you're stretching it to make it seem as if Republicans took over some massive Democrat stronghold. They really didn't.
    Dems lost over 60 seats in the 2010 House elections...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #108
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You proved that my point that Michelle Bachmann may as well have lost the election was wrong because Scott Brown won a special election in Massachusetts? Eh... alright there.
    No, your premise that the opposing party winning a historically opposition held seat is something to write home about is flawed. As I pointed out. Not too deep a puddle, but, get your waders if you must.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #109
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    With Obama refusing to even talk with the House about the disaster Obamadon'tcare it is impossible to make it better. Now maybe he told another one of his lies and will negotiate but he is on record at refusing to do just that.
    He should refuse to negotiate, because there is nothing to negotiate. We should never give in to extortion tactics. Let the Repubs put a gun to the head of the American people and hold us hostage.....they will pay a huge political price. Thank you teabaggers for helping destroy the GOP.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #110
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: Poll: Americans reject GOP shutdown strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Dems lost over 60 seats in the 2010 House elections...
    Mostly seats they hadn't held with any strength since the 1990s. - That's nearly 25 years ago. So in short, Republicans took over weak seats. Big deal.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •