Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 501

Thread: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

  1. #321
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Did you ever take a civics class in high school? I remember, a few decades ago, learning about how bills are passed and put into law. The bill is introduced, there are hearings, proposed amendments, a vote, if it is passed it goes onto the senate, they do their thing, pass it on to the president or send it back to the house. If it is sent to the president, he signs it into law or vetoes it. If it is signed, and a party believes it is unconstitutional, they can challenge it in court. If they lose, the bill will be law, and there's one thing they can do about it: win the next election. There wasn't anything in class about threatening to shut down the government and harm millions of Americans in an effort to get the law repealed. Is that government or organized crime? How in the world could you or anybody else accept this disgusting display of theatrics? How could you watch Americans be harmed by this when AMERICA VOTED FOR OBAMA. THEY VOTED DEMOCRATS INTO CONGRESS. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should approve of blowing up the capitol. What is wrong with you people? That's a real question. Why don't you understand how the government works?
    The ACA is the law of the land, there is nothing saying that it cannot be defunded, that is civics 101. Obviously you missed that. Further Obama negotiated exemptions for supporters, unions, and big backers. didn't see that in the original bill. Now the House wants all Americans treated the same way and you have a problem with that? How liberal of you?

  2. #322
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Whether you like the maps or not is irrelevant but what is relevant is the reality that the People's House is controlled by the Republicans and unlike you the majority in this country do not like the Obama economic results and liberal arrogance. That divide will grow in 2014 just like it did in 2010. Obama will truly become a lame duck although his results show that he hasn't been involved since taking office. You see, results don't matter to a liberal unless they are negative and can be blamed on GW Bush.
    LOL.....good luck with that Con.....with the overwhelming majority of the public disagreeing with the games the GOP and the teabaggers are playing....good luck convincing them that the GOP is the party to trust to get things accomplished....especially when they spend their time reading "Green eggs and Ham". Do you honestly think that these are the "results" that the American people want? ROTFLMFAO.........
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #323
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....good luck with that Con.....with the overwhelming majority of the public disagreeing with the games the GOP and the teabaggers are playing....good luck convincing them that the GOP is the party to trust to get things accomplished....especially when they spend their time reading "Green eggs and Ham". Do you honestly think that these are the "results" that the American people want? ROTFLMFAO.........
    From what I can tell you have no idea what the overwhelming majority of the public believes because you live in La La land out of touch with reality. You have no idea what is going on in your own state let alone the nation. I gave you the Real Clear Politics polls on Obamacare which you ignored. You ignored the makeup of the People's House. You ignored the 2010 elections as well as the 2012 elections with the GOP retaining the House. It is going to be lonesome in your world when the rest of the country actually sees the Obama results, results that Obamabots don't want to even discuss.

  4. #324
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    From what I can tell you have no idea what the overwhelming majority of the public believes because you live in La La land out of touch with reality. You have no idea what is going on in your own state let alone the nation. I gave you the Real Clear Politics polls on Obamacare which you ignored. You ignored the makeup of the People's House. You ignored the 2010 elections as well as the 2012 elections with the GOP retaining the House. It is going to be lonesome in your world when the rest of the country actually sees the Obama results, results that Obamabots don't want to even discuss.
    LOL......you continue to ignore the fact that the overwhelming public is against the GOP/Teabagging action here. You try to post maps to support your point that really only show areas of the country where very few people live. You ignore the fact that over 1 million people voted for Democrats in the last election for congress...than Republicans. Continue to stay your course Con......I support you. Lets agree to let the Teabaggers continue to drive the GOP over the cliff towards oblivion. I will be right there cheering you guys on...just as I continue to cheer on your efforts here to shut down the government and alienate the moderate/independent and reasonable Republican voters. Good job!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #325
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL......you continue to ignore the fact that the overwhelming public is against the GOP/Teabagging action here. You try to post maps to support your point that really only show areas of the country where very few people live. You ignore the fact that over 1 million people voted for Democrats in the last election for congress...than Republicans. Continue to stay your course Con......I support you. Lets agree to let the Teabaggers continue to drive the GOP over the cliff towards oblivion. I will be right there cheering you guys on...just as I continue to cheer on your efforts here to shut down the government and alienate the moderate/independent and reasonable Republican voters. Good job!
    Well then since the overwhelming public, probably all ten or so of the people you know, are against the actions of the House, then there really isn't anything else to discuss. You can continue to do what you always do, embarrass yourself by showing your own ignorance. Obama and liberalism is driving us over the cliff so it doesn't really matter what you think, the numbers just don't support your position but then again someone who worked at Disneyland is always used to Fantasy and make believe. You can make believe that Obama has done a good job but the numbers just don't show it and only Obamabots support him which today is about 44% which is his real clear politics approval rating.

  6. #326
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....good luck with that Con.....with the overwhelming majority of the public disagreeing with the games the GOP and the teabaggers are playing....good luck convincing them that the GOP is the party to trust to get things accomplished....especially when they spend their time reading "Green eggs and Ham". Do you honestly think that these are the "results" that the American people want? ROTFLMFAO.........
    God this is funny. Guess what, an overwhelming majority of the public are disagreeing with the games ALL OF THEM are playing



    Obama, Democrats in Congress, and Republicans in congress ALL have a majority of the public against how they're acting. ALL OF THEM. This is like talking about spousal abusers and suggesting that a majority of people being most upset with Chris Brown magically means that most people are also not exactly fans of Ike Turner or Bobby Brown.

    Every. Single. One of them has a majority of Americans upset with how they're acting. ALL of them. Do Republicans have the largest anger towards them? Absolutely. But a majority of the public is disagreeing with the games ALL of them are playing.

    The fact you add in an attack over the fact he ****ing read his kids a goddamn bed time story to help fill time is just icing on the cake.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There's nothing to negotiate. The teabaggers have tried every angle to stop implementation of the ACA and have failed. Now they want to hold the American public hostage? I don't think so. Negotiating with extortionists is never a good idea. Now if they want to go through the normal, professional democratic legislative process, that is a different story.
    How are they holding the American people hostage? The government shut down, no big deal. Maybe it'll last a few weeks or a month, I'm sure I won't notice a thing. Sorry, but the sky isn't falling. Hey, the democrats rammed this thing through using every trick they have, but the republicans have to go by some constrained path that you select? Sorry, nope. Doesn't work that way. Everything is on the table, the stakes are high, the country is at risk and Obama must be stopped.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #328
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    How are they holding the American people hostage? The government shut down, no big deal. Maybe it'll last a few weeks or a month, I'm sure I won't notice a thing. Sorry, but the sky isn't falling. Hey, the democrats rammed this thing through using every trick they have, but the republicans have to go by some constrained path that you select? Sorry, nope. Doesn't work that way. Everything is on the table, the stakes are high, the country is at risk and Obama must be stopped.
    I'm glad that Obama is holding firm and the Repubs caused the Government to shut down. This ploy is just going to further cement the fact that the teabaggers have pushed the GOP to the extreme fringe....driving more moderates/independents and reasonable Republicans from the party. I hope and pray that the Tea Party is successful in purging the GOP of everyone except for the extreme fringe of the party. Good Job Teabaggers.....keep it up. I'll be here cheering you on the entire way!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #329
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #330
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    God this is funny. Guess what, an overwhelming majority of the public are disagreeing with the games ALL OF THEM are playing



    Obama, Democrats in Congress, and Republicans in congress ALL have a majority of the public against how they're acting. ALL OF THEM. This is like talking about spousal abusers and suggesting that a majority of people being most upset with Chris Brown magically means that most people are also not exactly fans of Ike Turner or Bobby Brown.

    Every. Single. One of them has a majority of Americans upset with how they're acting. ALL of them. Do Republicans have the largest anger towards them? Absolutely. But a majority of the public is disagreeing with the games ALL of them are playing.

    The fact you add in an attack over the fact he ****ing read his kids a goddamn bed time story to help fill time is just icing on the cake.
    Poll: 72% Oppose Government Shutdown Linked to Health Care
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •