Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 501

Thread: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

  1. #21
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by shagg View Post
    So you think republicans just want to make sure obamacare is ready and implemented correctly? You don't think the delay is just buying more time to kill the ACA? You must not be from around here....
    You really believe that the ACA is a good piece of legislation that is going to lower healthcare costs and improve quality? Based upon what evidence? Do you go into a restaurant where the chef doesn't eat the food that restaurant prepares? What is the difference in exempting Congress from the bill?

  2. #22
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Fox news removed the page.
    Smart. No one wants to watch that poser.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really believe that the ACA is a good piece of legislation that is going to lower healthcare costs and improve quality? Based upon what evidence? Do you go into a restaurant where the chef doesn't eat the food that restaurant prepares? What is the difference in exempting Congress from the bill?
    I think the point is the GOP needs to be honest. The GOP says they want to delay it so it can be better implemented. This is a lie and you know it, they want it delayed so they have a better chance to kill it.

    While I don't agree with the ACA, I don't think the GOP lying about their intentions is any better.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I think the point is the GOP needs to be honest. The GOP says they want to delay it so it can be better implemented. This is a lie and you know it, they want it delayed so they have a better chance to kill it.

    While I don't agree with the ACA, I don't think the GOP lying about their intentions is any better.
    You think giving exemptions to campaign contributors and Congress is good public policy? What about Obama lies, apparently those don't matter.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think giving exemptions to campaign contributors and Congress is good public policy? What about Obama lies, apparently those don't matter.
    As I said before many times Con, I don't agree with ACA, I don't agree with the exemptions, and I don't agree with how ACA came about. However, with that said, I also don't agree with the GOP lying about their intentions.

    Are you excusing the GOP lying because the Dems lied? How does that make the GOP any better?

  6. #26
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    As I said before many times Con, I don't agree with ACA, I don't agree with the exemptions, and I don't agree with how ACA came about. However, with that said, I also don't agree with the GOP lying about their intentions.

    Are you excusing the GOP lying because the Dems lied? How does that make the GOP any better?
    There is never an excuse for lying but we have ACA based entirely on lies and the President isn't called on it. That should be the issue and any attempt to delay or defund should be applauded.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is never an excuse for lying but we have ACA based entirely on lies and the President isn't called on it. That should be the issue and any attempt to delay or defund should be applauded.
    Then why isn't the GOP being HONEST about their intentions? Everyone can see the GOP are lying about their intentions, so if the majority want ACA gone, why the lies on the GOP part? If it is as you say it is clear cut people want it gone, the GOP should not be lying right?

  8. #28
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    OK I got the message: Capital of the free world closed until further notice.
    You heard the message wrong or have bought into a line of BS.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #29
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Then why isn't the GOP being HONEST about their intentions? Everyone can see the GOP are lying about their intentions, so if the majority want ACA gone, why the lies on the GOP part? If it is as you say it is clear cut people want it gone, the GOP should not be lying right?
    And exactly what purpose would that serve? You think the Obamabots would change their opinion?

  10. #30
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really believe that the ACA is a good piece of legislation that is going to lower healthcare costs and improve quality? Based upon what evidence? Do you go into a restaurant where the chef doesn't eat the food that restaurant prepares? What is the difference in exempting Congress from the bill?
    Congress is not exempt from Obamacare. Stop repeating an already debunked lie.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •