Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 501

Thread: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

  1. #231
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    if you care to look at the timeline it took a long time to pass.

    Timeline of the health care law - CNN.com
    And your point is?
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  2. #232
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Over three more years of this! It's hard to believe.
    I know dude. It feels like this guy have been POTUS for like 10 years. Im so tired of hearing his mouth and even more tired of watching him stare at teleprompters.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'm not making anything up. It is a fact that Obamacare WILL cost me money that I ordinarily would not have HAD to have paid out. Either through the fine via the IRS or through payments to some insurance company. That is plain fact. It is also plain fact that Obamacare is directed at everyone of age in the US. What did those millions of people do to you?
    I have received 2 refund checks totaling over $1600 due to the ACA. That's a REAL fact not something you read on a right wing looney website. You are fooling no one.

  4. #234
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I have received 2 refund checks totaling over $1600 due to the ACA. That's a REAL fact not something you read on a right wing looney website. You are fooling no one.
    Wow, you were really getting screwed by your insurance company. I think you should change insurance providers. My two checks totaled less than $250.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Really? We have a word for dictators that act like fascist too - its called obama and he has no business representing the people who elected him when we'll talk to leaders of a nation that stone gays to death but not his own elected body's. His actions are no different then mubaraks and she should suffer the same political fate - I look foreard to the day he's tried for war crimes or murder by drone. He deserves a 5-8 cell for his audacity of failure.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    As I feared, you and your side has decided that America's form of Govt. is not for them. We have a word for those types and it is not pretty.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I have received 2 refund checks totaling over $1600 due to the ACA. That's a REAL fact not something you read on a right wing looney website. You are fooling no one.
    You obviously don't live in Indiana but then again I always wondered what the Obama Administration paid those pumpers of the program, thanks for confirming the amount. Why else would anyone tout this program?

    Advance Indiana: Health Insurance Rates Expected To Spike 72% For Individuals In Indiana Next Year

    Have you figured out yet that you don't pay for the uninsured in TX and the people of TX don't pay for the uninsured in Florida under the existing system and without the ACA?

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You obviously don't live in Indiana but then again I always wondered what the Obama Administration paid those pumpers of the program, thanks for confirming the amount. Why else would anyone tout this program?

    Advance Indiana: Health Insurance Rates Expected To Spike 72% For Individuals In Indiana Next Year

    Have you figured out yet that you don't pay for the uninsured in TX and the people of TX don't pay for the uninsured in Florida under the existing system and without the ACA?
    Next year I'm "expecting" to make double what I made this year. We all have "expectations"...they are worth NOTHING.

  8. #238
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Wow, you were really getting screwed by your insurance company. I think you should change insurance providers. My two checks totaled less than $250.
    I have Golden Rule through my Fathers company and yeah it sucks. but it is at least nice to see that someone has noticed the overcharging. How much did they pocket BEFORE the cap on overhead was installed?

  9. #239
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not screwed up at all. Terrorists often take hostages to try to negotiate things that they don't have a right to negotiate. This is exactly what the Republicans are trying to do here.
    And Fascists force laws that a country doesn't want passed. Guess what a Democrat controlled congress and White House did a few years ago.

  10. #240
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No, terrorists use violent acts to try and get what they want. Where is the violence being done here?
    Not always....sometimes they engage in extortion tactics like the teabaggers here.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •