Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 501

Thread: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

  1. #151
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    "It should be a right to be irresponsible". Well, those are your words.

    The facts won't back it up.
    That was my description of your argument. You never countered it or denied it.....you were defending it.

    Good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    The narcissism that is progressivism. As you typically exhibit it.
    Policies to promote general prosperity is narcissism? Only in teapartybizarroworld

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    It's pretty humorous that people actually think they can defend forcing people into commerce.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,035

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's pretty humorous that people actually think they can defend forcing people into commerce.
    It's also humorous that people think the government actually shut down.

    We've done this 17 times since 1977. Somehow, I think we'll be just fine.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    You know what is scary stupid? The libs think that if the republicans get out of the way and vote for all their big government spending/takovers, that we will enter some sort of state of utopia. It's just the republicans that stand between us and a carefree life. Free government healthcare! Free government cheese, cars, homes, etc... All mandated, of course.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,350

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Republicans have offered an alternative, the left doesn't want it because it doesn't grow government. The Republican's position is to carry on the government but the left won't accept it without its beloved take over of private health care systems.
    The "alternative" they offered is to abandon our democracy and make terror the rule of law. Let's not mince words here.

  7. #157
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by shagg View Post
    So you think republicans just want to make sure obamacare is ready and implemented correctly? You don't think the delay is just buying more time to kill the ACA? You must not be from around here....
    I am sure it is another attempt to have more time to kill it.

    I for one would love to see that monstrosity go away but I have a feeling it wont, so why not just delay it, fix it and get on with it. Oh, and demand that if the people must submit to it so must every single person in our government. No exemptions, no waivers no special treatment at all. What do you have against that?
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  8. #158
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Compromise is a transaction, give a little, get a little. What have the Republicans put on the table in exchange for defunding the ACA? Allowing the government to function? Paying the bills they've already voted for? Not sabotaging the US economy? Wanting the government to function isn't a Democratic priority, it's an American priority.
    What have they given in on? They gave in on the defunding. Plain and simple.

    What have the Democrats given in on? Nothing. They pouted because they didnt get every thing they wanted so they took their ball and went home and are crying about it to the media (their mommy and their defender).

    Talk about a bunch of little children.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  9. #159
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes yes..mandates on individual financial responsibility (car insurance, health insurance).....is totalitarian.

    What hippie response.
    State mandated liability car insurance is not the same thing as federally mandated health insurance. Now this difference has been repeatedly pointed out, but like most liberal progressives, you ignore that and keep moving the talking point along...Much like the whole "Heritage HC plan" meme....It's dishonest, and wrong.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #160
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    State mandated liability car insurance is not the same thing as federally mandated health insurance. Now this difference has been repeatedly pointed out, but like most liberal progressives, you ignore that and keep moving the talking point along...Much like the whole "Heritage HC plan" meme....It's dishonest, and wrong.
    LOL...YOU moved the conversation along by ignoring the documentation on how the individual mandate WAS a conservative/Heritage/Gingrich/Romney concept AND implemented policy......and then characterized it as "totalitarian".

    Now your argument is that mandated financial responsibility for auto insurance "is not the same" as the core concept in the PPACA.....without being able to bring yourself to explain how in a fundamental way it is not.

    Don't start whining about "dishonesty", the hypocrisy of such a comment is really obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •