Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 501

Thread: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

  1. #121
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument is that if you had employer based insurance, it has been ended as of October 1st, 2013?
    My argument is that ACA is going to do to private insurance what UPS has already don't to the spouses of their employees. Didn't know October 1 was the guideline. where is the incentive for private business to keep their insurance programs for employees? Are you really this naïve about business?

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you know what the word deny means? Who is denying people from signing up on Medicaid or current employer healthcare plans? Are you really this naïve and gullible? Please tell me this is an act?
    You are acting like you don't know that millions are denied health care coverage for a multitude of reasons under the OLD system? Have you ever heard of pre-existing conditions? Of lifetime caps on coverage?

  3. #123
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Really? You didn't say this?:
    Please walk me through how exactly the federal government "gets" people to do anything?
    You don't have to buy insurance....you can continue to be irresponsible.

    I suppose that depends on how we each interpret what "liberty" means.
    You are making a stance for the "right" to be irresponsible.....that is fine with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You are acting like you don't know that millions are denied health care coverage for a multitude of reasons under the OLD system? Have you ever heard of pre-existing conditions? Of lifetime caps on coverage?
    you use the term millions because that is what you are being told. You don't need the ACA to get that small percentage insured but what you are ignoring are the actual millions who are eligible for insurance but CHOOSE not to participate and the millions eligible for Medicaid that don't sign up for Medicaid thus are called uninsured. You see, personal responsibility doesn't exist in your world.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My argument is that ACA is going to do to private insurance what UPS has already don't to the spouses of their employees.
    UPS? "already don't to"?!?!

    Cmon con, get it together and make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #126
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Um.... The debt limit is effectively a limit on the number of TBills the Treasury can sell to investors.

    Here's how the government works. Congress dictates how much the government will spend and what it will spend it on. Then Treasury pays the bills. If Treasury doesn't have enough money from taxes, they raise money by things like selling TBills. We can do this very cheaply because the US government is considered to be one safest investments in the world.

    However, the treasury isn't allowed to raise the money to pay for what congress has already approved, then the US will no longer be a safe place to invest. It will become expensive to finance our debt and our economy will crash.

    I know you don't wish the US harm, but defaulting on the debt will destroy the US more than any terrorist attack ever could.
    Well now, if the Treasury "pays the bills" how come the bill keeps getting larger? (I know the answer as most people do.)

    The reason the "bill" keeps getting larger is not because the debt limit isn't high enough. The reason the "bill" keeps getting higher is not because the Treasury is not selling enough T-Bills.

    It's spending to much money on things like Obamacare.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    you use the term millions because that is what you are being told. You don't need the ACA to get that small percentage insured but what you are ignoring are the actual millions who are eligible for insurance but CHOOSE not to participate and the millions eligible for Medicaid that don't sign up for Medicaid thus are called uninsured. You see, personal responsibility doesn't exist in your world.
    So your answer is no, I didn't know that people are denied coverage for pre-existing conditions? You need to do some reading.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so now you change what you are saying....Before, you were trying to say that Obama and demo's merely took the Heritage plan, and implemented it in a bill, now, you want to say that they took the concept...Ok, I guess that is politics today, and why people mostly either tune out, or don't understand much outside the talking points.

    Although I will give it to demo's that they found an internal plan that was never forwarded out of Heritage that some points dove tail with the current mess that demo's jammed through in the dead of night, but it is NOT honest to imply that republicans have ANYTHING to do with this law simply because you can point to a concept that was never even put out there as any kind of legislation to debate.
    LOL.....yes it was a super-secret Heritage plan that was never talked about.....except by Gingrich...or implemented by Romney......sshhhh...don't tell anyone.

    The denial is funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #129
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm not sure which is dumber, trying to pin this argument to someone.....or taking the position of endorsing it.
    Libbos don't believe in personal responsibility and now you all are arguing for government enforced personal responsibility.

    What's dumb is supporting the Liberal agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #130
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument is that if you had employer based insurance, it has been ended as of October 1st, 2013?
    That is up to your employer to a certain extent. A couple of things here...

    1. The ACA mandates what must be covered in the plans already in force out there, so although employers may not all just drop them on their own, the things that may have been negotiated in terms of keeping premiums low for their employees may disappear, and premiums will skyrocket causing people to choose whether or not they can afford the adjusted employer based plan, or the costly higher deductible government plan. Either way, it is a lose, lose for the middle class worker.

    2. Some pretty big employers are indeed dropping their HC insurance plans, and or, at the same time reducing hours to meet the 30 hour work week requirement under the ACA to avoid the penalty for dropping them, thus shifting the burden of insuring these people from the employer, to the tax payer.

    Now, it is no secret that liberals have a certain disdain for profit, and business in general terms, but this is highly cynical. It would seem on the surface that the latter part of my points helps business, but in fact it hurts them in the long run...Think of it this way, if a business makes everyone part time to avoid the current penalties involved with the law today, then has to go out and hire say 25% more people part time to cover production at current levels, (which due to current administration meddling with the BLS accounting as to what qualifies as a job) makes the administration look like hero's right? Now consider, the end goal of this turd of a law, is to get to a single payer system ultimately, at that point, you have people in the middle, and lower classes here screwed. Their downward adjusted hours means less pay, and their taxes go through the roof to cover the costs, and that includes business as well. It is a cynical, and devious plan to be sure.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •