Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 501

Thread: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Okay...so you ARE arguing FOR irresponsibility!

    Good grief.
    Your side pays people to be irresponsible. So, why are you all of a sudden opposed to it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Raising the debt limit pays for nothing. It creates more debt.

    You can try this at home. Get in touch with your credit card(s) companies and get them to raise your limit. Then go out and max the card(s) out.


    Get back with us on how raising your debt limits paid for anything.
    Um.... The debt limit is effectively a limit on the number of TBills the Treasury can sell to investors.

    Here's how the government works. Congress dictates how much the government will spend and what it will spend it on. Then Treasury pays the bills. If Treasury doesn't have enough money from taxes, they raise money by things like selling TBills. We can do this very cheaply because the US government is considered to be one safest investments in the world.

    However, the treasury isn't allowed to raise the money to pay for what congress has already approved, then the US will no longer be a safe place to invest. It will become expensive to finance our debt and our economy will crash.

    I know you don't wish the US harm, but defaulting on the debt will destroy the US more than any terrorist attack ever could.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you miss the point, the ACA was passed by Congress and should apply to Congress eliminating any plan they had prior to the ACA. Congress shouldn't be creating a different plan for Americans than they have for themselves.
    FFS con.....you really believe the ACA is trying to force the ending of employer based health insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your side pays people to be irresponsible. So, why are you all of a sudden opposed to it??
    I'm not sure which is dumber, trying to pin this argument to someone.....or taking the position of endorsing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS con.....you really believe the ACA is trying to force the ending of employer based health insurance?
    YEP, that is what ACA will do and is doing now or don't you get the news in your world? Liberals always wanted a single payer system and are getting there incrementally. Please tell me you aren't this nave and gullible?

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course there are millions of Americans unemployed with most of them uninsured by choice either refusing to accept insurance or not signing up for insurance programs such as Medicaid that they are eligible for. We don't need Obamacare, we need personal responsibility. ACA doesn't address the costs or quality of healthcare, only access and when you do that you drive up costs and get less care.
    So denying healthcare to millions IS what it is all about. I thought so. You got yours so screw everyone else.

  7. #117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I never said 'force'...
    Really? You didn't say this?:

    ...it was designed from the start to get those WITHOUT insurance..... to purchase it....
    Please walk me through how exactly the federal government "gets" people to do anything?

    But I suppose you are fighting for the right to be irresponsible.....after all, that is a guaranteed right...right?
    I suppose that depends on how we each interpret what "liberty" means.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #118
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So denying healthcare to millions IS what it is all about. I thought so.
    Do you know what the word deny means? Who is denying people from signing up on Medicaid or current employer healthcare plans? Are you really this nave and gullible? Please tell me this is an act?

  9. #119
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    YEP, that is what ACA will do and is doing now
    Your argument is that if you had employer based insurance, it has been ended as of October 1st, 2013?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #120
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It certainly was a concept they ascribed to. Of course there is a whole lot of walking back and scrubbing going on now.
    Oh, so now you change what you are saying....Before, you were trying to say that Obama and demo's merely took the Heritage plan, and implemented it in a bill, now, you want to say that they took the concept...Ok, I guess that is politics today, and why people mostly either tune out, or don't understand much outside the talking points.

    Although I will give it to demo's that they found an internal plan that was never forwarded out of Heritage that some points dove tail with the current mess that demo's jammed through in the dead of night, but it is NOT honest to imply that republicans have ANYTHING to do with this law simply because you can point to a concept that was never even put out there as any kind of legislation to debate.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •