Page 98 of 192 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #971
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    There you go not reading the graph again.
    You don't get it, do you? Seems that you lack any understanding of leadership and economic policies fully ignoring the impact on numbers by economic policies and lack of leadership. I have no idea what relevance this chart has?

  2. #972
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense.
    Hmmm. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

    The Constitution defines the roles of the House of Representatives, and the Senate. I can't see where the House has done anything that is not specifically authorized by the US Constitution. It's not for the Senate to refuse to deal with Bills coming out of the House.

    The Founding Fathers understood why such division was important, why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

  3. #973
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    9/11 Occurred at the end of fiscal year 2001 and the recession ended in November 2001, not sure what your definition of a recovery is but it was much quicker than you want to acknowledge.
    His definition of a recession is quirky. He's using the traditional definition of two quarters of consecutive negative growth for the start of a recession, but he changes the "end" qualification to a return to peak employment. Not sure why he's doing that, but its hard to argue with someone willing to change definitions.

  4. #974
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,951

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't get it, do you? Seems that you lack any understanding of leadership and economic policies fully ignoring the impact on numbers by economic policies and lack of leadership. I have no idea what relevance this chart has?
    The chart shows that the recession Bush "led" us out of followed the same trajectory as the one Obama is leading us out of. But, f course, you have amnesia when it comes to Bush's presidency, and you probably blame both recessions on Democrats. So, you don't even see what you're looking at.


    ...which is obvious because you keep insisting that the Recession of 81 is worse than the one of 2007.

  5. #975
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The chart shows that the recession Bush "led" us out of followed the same trajectory as the one Obama is leading us out of. But, f course, you have amnesia when it comes to Bush's presidency and blame Both recessions on Democrats. So, you don't even see what you're looking at.
    Bush took employment from 137 million to 146. million in 7 years. Obama has taken employment from 142 million to 144 million in 5 years. You call that similar performance?

    As for the recession, please name for me the economic policies GW Bush had in place that took us into recession one month after taking office? Your logic and reasoning is scary but not as embarrassing as your posts.

  6. #976
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,951

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hmmm. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

    The Constitution defines the roles of the House of Representatives, and the Senate. I can't see where the House has done anything that is not specifically authorized by the US Constitution. It's not for the Senate to refuse to deal with Bills coming out of the House.

    The Founding Fathers understood why such division was important, why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
    Uh, because tying a debt ceiling bill to repealing a law that is already on the books is unprecedented.

  7. #977
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,951

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1. Bush took employment from 137 million to 146. million in 7 years. Obama has taken employment from 142 million to 144 million in 5 years. You call that similar performance?

    As for the recession, please name for me the economic policies GW Bush had in place that took us into recession one month after taking office? Your logic and reasoning is scary but not as embarrassing as your posts.
    1. Give Obama two more years then.

    2. Where did I say Bush took us into the recession of 2001?

  8. #978
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Uh, because tying a debt ceiling bill to repealing a law that is already on the books is unprecedented.
    The current shutdown has nothing to do with the debt ceiling but will in about 10 days but like with just about every other subject you have no idea what either issue entails.

    Still waiting for any liberal or centrist to tell us who said this and what the Debt to GDP ratio was when that statement was made.

    The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.

  9. #979
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,401

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't get it, do you? Seems that you lack any understanding of leadership and economic policies fully ignoring the impact on numbers by economic policies and lack of leadership. I have no idea what relevance this chart has?
    It shows the 35 straight months of job growth. It is not something a Republican President has done lately. They have been too busy presiding over recessions.

  10. #980
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. Give Obama two more years then.

    2. Where did I say Bush took us into the recession of 2001?
    So when you say I blame both recessions on Democrats what were you referring to?

    Obama unfortunately has 3 more years and I guarantee if Bush had the economic numbers we have today four years after the end of a recession you would be singing a different tune. You seem to have a problem comparing numbers 4 years after the end of any recession. When the 2001 recession began there were 137. 2 million working Americans and four years after the end of the recession there were 142.5 million working Americans. When the 2007 recession began there were 146.3 million working Americans, four years after the end of the recession there were 144.0 million Americans working or a net loss of 2. 3 million vs. a 4.3 million gain. You call the Obama performance a success or even acceptable?

    Information can be found at BLS.gov

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNS12000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Employment Level
    Labor force status: Employed
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Years: 1980 to 2013

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2000 136559 136598 136701 137270 136630 136940 136531 136662 136893 137088 137322 137614
    2001 137778 137612 137783 137299 137092 136873 137071 136241 136846 136392 136238 136047
    2002 135701 136438 136177 136126 136539 136415 136413 136705 137302 137008 136521 136426
    2003 137417 137482 137434 137633 137544 137790 137474 137549 137609 137984 138424 138411
    2004 138472 138542 138453 138680 138852 139174 139556 139573 139487 139732 140231 140125
    2005 140245 140385 140654 141254 141609 141714 142026 142434 142401 142548 142499 142752
    2006 143150 143457 143741 143761 144089 144353 144202 144625 144815 145314 145534 145970
    2007 146028 146057 146320 145586 145903 146063 145905 145682 146244 145946 146595 146273
    2008 146378 146156 146086 146132 145908 145737 145532 145203 145076 144802 144100 143369
    2009 142153 141644 140721 140652 140250 140005 139898 139481 138810 138421 138665 138025
    2010 138439 138624 138767 139296 139255 139148 139167 139405 139388 139097 139046 139295
    2011 139253 139471 139643 139606 139681 139405 139509 139870 140164 140314 140771 140896
    2012 141608 142019 142020 141934 142302 142448 142250 142164 142974 143328 143277 143305
    2013 143322 143492 143286 143579 143898 144058 144285 144170

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •