Page 94 of 192 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #931
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Same trajectory but different results and different degrees of recession but then that doesn't matter to you. How anyone can support Obama and what is going on right now in beyond comprehension.

    NBER said the recession ended but since you don't understand what a recession is no wonder you don't agree.
    So, in your world, the depth of this recession is Obama's fault?

    That the downturn ended in 2009 does not make the recession over in 2009

  2. #932
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So, in your world, the depth of this recession is Obama's fault?
    The depth? No, the very poor recovery, YES!!

  3. #933
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The depth? No, the very poor recovery, YES!!
    The recovery is at the same pace as the one before it.


    BTW: I see what you mean now by recession ending in 2009. I stand corrected.

  4. #934
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Interesting new poll that came out this morning. It shows 33% blame the Democrats, 36% blame the Republicans and 25% blame both parties. If you compare this to the CBS poll taken on the 2nd which was 35%-44%-17% it shows those who blamed only the Democrats dropped 2 points, those who blamed only the republicans dropped 8 points while those who blamed both parties rose 8 points.

    This is more information that points to this government shutdown being a pox on both houses or political parties in this case. For those who think only the Republican Party is being hurt by this shutdown, you're wrong. Both parties are being hurt, it is just the republicans are being hurt a bit more than the democrats.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #935
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Interesting new poll that came out this morning. It shows 33% blame the Democrats, 36% blame the Republicans and 25% blame both parties. If you compare this to the CBS poll taken on the 2nd which was 35%-44%-17% it shows those who blamed only the Democrats dropped 2 points, those who blamed only the republicans dropped 8 points while those who blamed both parties rose 8 points.

    This is more information that points to this government shutdown being a pox on both houses or political parties in this case. For those who think only the Republican Party is being hurt by this shutdown, you're wrong. Both parties are being hurt, it is just the republicans are being hurt a bit more than the democrats.
    It's just more of the same nonsense for most people. In fact, I bet that if the two parties managed to work together from 2009 moving forward, we would be well on the road to a booming economy.

  6. #936
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The recovery is at the same pace as the one before it.


    BTW: I see what you mean now by recession ending in 2009. I stand corrected.
    .
    The recovery at the same pace of a mild recession is no recovery at all and there in lies your problem. Obama was in the Congress that helped create the recession but this recession was worse than the 2001 recession and the recovery has been the slowest on record.

    The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

    Thanks for admitting your error but remember as I told you I can beat you up all day with numbers, not one of which you have found to be in error. That should send you a powerful message that the actual data and facts do not support your position on the issues.

  7. #937
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    It's just more of the same nonsense for most people. In fact, I bet that if the two parties managed to work together from 2009 moving forward, we would be well on the road to a booming economy.
    The "I won, You Lost" President has shown zero leadership skills and that is why the two parties cannot work together. The Republicans were shut out of healthcare reform negotiations, their ideas for a stimulus were ignored, and there is no negotiation on exemptions for healthcare so apparently negotiations to a Democrat mean giving in to whatever they want.

  8. #938
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    .
    The recovery at the same pace of a mild recession is no recovery at all and there in lies your problem. Obama was in the Congress that helped create the recession but this recession was worse than the 2001 recession and the recovery has been the slowest on record.

    The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

    Thanks for admitting your error but remember as I told you I can beat you up all day with numbers, not one of which you have found to be in error. That should send you a powerful message that the actual data and facts do not support your position on the issues.
    The Great Recession was also the worst recession since the Great Depression according to the NBER.

  9. #939
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    It's just more of the same nonsense for most people. In fact, I bet that if the two parties managed to work together from 2009 moving forward, we would be well on the road to a booming economy.
    I think you are right. I know me saying this is probably getting old. But our elected officials in Washington are more interested in acting and being Republicans and Democrats than Americans. I agree with you on this.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #940
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think you are right. I know me saying this is probably getting old. But our elected officials in Washington are more interested in acting and being Republicans and Democrats than Americans. I agree with you on this.
    Keep on saying it, Pero! It's true!

    Greetings, Pero.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •