Page 85 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #841
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    It's an entitlement that suffers now because of the impending boomer retirements. We simply have too many people drawing money who never teally paid in their fair share. By 2030, the bulk of them will begin dying, and we'll have more workers per retiree again.
    Really? the fair share argument? Where do you get this information? Anyone that contributes to SS is entitled to the guarantee the govt. made to them when they forced them to contribute. SS and Medicare were self funding and solvent until the Federal Govt. put both on budget and has spent the money on items other than SS. I sure hope that light bulb goes off soon because your posts are embarrassing.

  2. #842
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,485

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Typical liberalism, you never answer a direct question and have to divert. Where is the answer to my question, where should my wife's contribution to SS go? If it had gone to insurance it would go to the family. Light bulb go off yet?
    By paying in the max since about 1992, I've probably handed over more than you and your late wife combined. Figure, I'll be paying max for another 20 years, and I'll probably end up contributing 10x the amount you two did.

    So...I don't want to hear your whine. Cash your entitlement and quit picking on others who also want a government check.

  3. #843
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Moderator's Warning:
    CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468] Personal attacks, overly personal remarks like questioning a poster's reading comprehension or saying someone is ignorant, etc... will cease. No further warning, just Hammertime.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #844
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    By paying in the max since about 1992, I've probably handed over more than you and your late wife combined. Figure, I'll be paying max for another 20 years, and I'll probably end up contributing 10x the amount you two did.

    So...I don't want to hear your whine. Cash your entitlement and quit picking on others who also want a government check.
    It doesn't matter what you are entitled to, or what the government promises; if the money is not there then there is little you can do. Do you really trust politicians?

    Anyone who relies on the government to look after them is being more than a little foolish, and it's a lesson many still have to learn.

  5. #845
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,485

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Typical liberalism, you never answer a direct question and have to divert. Where is the answer to my question, where should my wife's contribution to SS go? If it had gone to insurance it would go to the family. Light bulb go off yet?
    I have no qualms with you collecting your entitlement. My objection is you demonizing others in the same boat, specifically those needing food stamps or other gvt assistance, like subsidized housing and/or healthcare.

  6. #846
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    By paying in the max since about 1992, I've probably handed over more than you and your late wife combined. Figure, I'll be paying max for another 20 years, and I'll probably end up contributing 10x the amount you two did.

    So...I don't want to hear your whine. Cash your entitlement and quit picking on others who also want a government check.
    You didn't answer the question, where should my wife's money go if not to her family. You don't seem to understand the concept of contributions along with just about everything else. It isn't a government check, it is her money and mine as well as yours that you contribute. Why should your money pay fro my retirement supplement? Is that what a Ponzi scheme is?

  7. #847
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I have no qualms with you collecting your entitlement. My objection is you demonizing others in the same boat, specifically those needing food stamps or other gvt assistance, like subsidized housing and/or healthcare.
    Do you know any of those people collecting food stamps? The concept of a limited Federal govt. is foreign to liberals who look to the Federal govt. to provide what they cannot sell in the their state. Where should my wife's entitlement go?

  8. #848
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You didn't answer the question, where should my wife's money go if not to her family. You don't seem to understand the concept of contributions along with just about everything else. It isn't a government check, it is her money and mine as well as yours that you contribute. Why should your money pay fro my retirement supplement? Is that what a Ponzi scheme is?
    It is a Ponzi scheme. That's the sad truth, and millions of people are going to be very disappointed..

  9. #849
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,485

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1. Do you know any of those people collecting food stamps? 2. The concept of a limited Federal govt. is foreign to liberals who look to the Federal govt. to provide what they cannot sell in the their state. 3. Where should my wife's entitlement go?
    1. Sadly I know a single mom with mental disability who collects food stamps, housing subsidy and cash assistance. She's unemployable. And, even if some firm dared carry her on their staff, she could never hold the job and care for the kids. So, the state carries her. I wish there was a better option. But, it is what it is.

    2. My belief in a limited gvt doesn't mean I want to see you starving on the street with no healthcare because you are too old to work and no one accept you for health insurance. I wish there was a better option, but it is what it is. I'd rather people work until they can't anymore. Healthy, capable a d experienced people retiring 10-20 years before they become feeble is a waste of resources.

    3. Hopefully it went to some needy kid whose parent died before they reached age-18.

  10. #850
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. Sadly I know a single mom with mental disability who collects food stamps, housing subsidy and cash assistance. She's unemployable. And, even if some firm dared carry her on their staff, she could never hold the job and care for the kids. So, the state carries her. I wish there was a better option. But, it is what it is.
    At one time family and neighbors helped each other, a concept loosely defined as "Christian Charity". Now it seems we cannot help each other anymore, the government has to do it for us or we starve, or die on the streets. I'm not sure this is progress.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •