Page 82 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #811
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,537

    CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly does SS and Medicare have to do with the National Debt? Why are either on budget since they are self funded? You are an indictment of what is wrong with the education system being brainwashed by the leftwing ideology. No wonder you believe the GOP is responsible for the shutdown because you lack even the most basic knowledge of our govt. and policies.
    Hmm. I'm the one who lacks a basic knowledge?

    This from the guy that thinks Medicare has nothing to do with the debt. Gee. I thought Medicare cost was one of the PRIMARY reasons for the ballooning debt.

    I bet you think we have debt primarily because we give kids $100 of food stamps a month, or because of our foreign aid outlays, don't you?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Hmm. I'm the one who lacks a basic knowledge?

    This from the guy that thinks Medicare has nothing to do with the debt. Gee. I thought Medicare cost was one of the PRIMARY reasons for the ballooning debt.

    I bet you think we have debt primarily because we give kids $100 of food stamps a month, or because of our foreign aid outlays, don't you?
    You really need to go back to community organizing as obviously you lack basic knowledge of just about everything Medicare is an offshoot of SS and neither were to be on budget but both are. The money for those programs is collected and you will see that when you get a job. That money was to go into the "Al Gore Lockbox" but instead it was put on budget and spent by the Congress and the President on programs other than SS and Medicare. We have a debt today because that money isn't there for those retiring because it has already been spent. Please tell me this is an act?

  3. #813
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Hmm. I'm the one who lacks a basic knowledge?

    This from the guy that thinks Medicare has nothing to do with the debt. Gee. I thought Medicare cost was one of the PRIMARY reasons for the ballooning debt.

    I bet you think we have debt primarily because we give kids $100 of food stamps a month, or because of our foreign aid outlays, don't you?
    Do you people remember what you post and ever hold yourselves accountable or those statements? I can beat you up all day with actual verifiable data and historical information and the best you can do is make dumb statements and then run from them when challenged only to come back later making the same dumb statements again. It would be a sign of maturity to admit that you are wrong, apologize, and move on. You would gain more respect as if respect means anything to you.

  4. #814
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly does SS and Medicare have to do with the National Debt? Why are either on budget since they are self funded? You are an indictment of what is wrong with the education system being brainwashed by the leftwing ideology. No wonder you believe the GOP is responsible for the shutdown because you lack even the most basic knowledge of our govt. and policies.

    Federal Debt Basics

    4.7 Trillion dollars of the current national debt is money borrowed from Social Security.

  5. #815
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Federal Debt Basics

    4.7 Trillion dollars of the current national debt is money borrowed from Social Security.
    Exactly, borrowed from SS and that is the point. Sounds like kids in a candy store, give Congress money for one program and they will spend it on everything other than that program. Some here miss the point in that SS and Medicare were never supposed to be on budget, they were to always be self funding and off budget. Congress and LBJ saw a way to pay for the Vietnam War and started using the money. Money has been used from the SS fund for decades now and that money was replaced with IOU's that have to be funded one of these days. That is the extent of SS and Medicare's part of the debt, money used not overspending on other items.

  6. #816
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,547

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? How do you now that? Is that what your liberals masters told you? How do you know how much I have put into SS? You seem to make a lot of wild accusations but never post sources. Try putting 1500 into a savings account for over 30 years and see how much you would have at retirement even using a very conservative interest rate? Guess what, that is even your money that your family gets to keep if you die before collecting. You think your family gets your SS contributions if you pass away before collecting?
    Nonsense. You're collecting far more than you put in and that includes your imgained rate of return on any reasonable investment.
    A couple with only one spouse working (and receiving the same average wage) would have paid in $361,000 if they turned 65 in 2010, but can expect to get back $854,000 — more than double what they paid in. In 1980, this same 65-year-old couple would have received five times more than what they paid in, while in 1960, such a couple would have ended up with 14 times what they put in.

    PolitiFact | Medicare and Social Security: What you paid compared with what you get
    So, next time you whine about entitlements, look in the mirror.

  7. #817
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,547

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Hmm. I'm the one who lacks a basic knowledge?

    This from the guy that thinks Medicare has nothing to do with the debt. Gee. I thought Medicare cost was one of the PRIMARY reasons for the ballooning debt.

    I bet you think we have debt primarily because we give kids $100 of food stamps a month, or because of our foreign aid outlays, don't you?
    Conservative probably still has visions of welfare queens when he hears about the "takers". Lawd knows he certainly doesn't any Medicare, social security receiving seniors in that mix.

    ...at least none who are "real Americans".

  8. #818
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Nonsense. You're collecting far more than you put in and that includes your imgained rate of return on any reasonable investment.

    So, next time you whine about entitlements, look in the mirror.
    You are incredibly naďve, gullible, or ignorant, maybe all three. Each of your posts gets absolutely dumber. You have no idea what you are talking about. Someone putting that same amount into a simple savings account would generate a lot more than that plus it would be your money when you retire or your family's if you should pass away. Someone with 361,000 in benefits at 1500 a month would take 12 years to get your money back and if you pass away during that period of time your spouse gets very little and none if you both collect SS.

    You give the people of Ohio a bad name. I grew up in Ohio, graduated from an Ohio University, and I am embarrassed to read your posts. My wife worked, put money into SS, collected for one year, passed away and all the remainder of her money "contributed" goes to someone else, not her family. Only in the liberal world is that fair. Now stop making an ass out of yourself and the people of Ohio

  9. #819
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,537

    CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really need to go back to community organizing as obviously you lack basic knowledge of just about everything Medicare is an offshoot of SS and neither were to be on budget but both are. The money for those programs is collected and you will see that when you get a job. That money was to go into the "Al Gore Lockbox" but instead it was put on budget and spent by the Congress and the President on programs other than SS and Medicare. We have a debt today because that money isn't there for those retiring because it has already been spent. Please tell me this is an act?
    Oh. So you're now saying Medicare IS responsible for the debt.

    Interesting reversal

    So we can conclude that you're sponging off Medicare is directly responsible for the ballooning debt. If you're not helping the problem, you're part of the problem.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #820
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,537

    CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you people remember what you post and ever hold yourselves accountable or those statements? I can beat you up all day with actual verifiable data and historical information and the best you can do is make dumb statements and then run from them when challenged only to come back later making the same dumb statements again. It would be a sign of maturity to admit that you are wrong, apologize, and move on. You would gain more respect as if respect means anything to you.
    I seem to recall YOU were the one who just posted incomparable statements in back-to-back posts.

    This post is pure projection!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •