Page 68 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #671
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You've achieved a sort of immortality with that post. I've never seen so many errors of fact jammed together in such a short space..
    That would be the way you would HAVE to see it, wouldn't it? Facts have such a liberal bias after all.

  2. #672
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Inflation occurs when output grows faster than productivity.

    Interest counts as revenue/income for the private sector.
    How can output outpace productivity when productivity is output per individual? The only way output can grow faster than productivity is if you also increase participation, which has no effect on inflation.

  3. #673
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I''ll say this one more time. The debt did not go up, only those figures did. When a trust fund (look that up) buys T-bills with their excess revenue so they may earn interest, it is added to the debt figures you are so fond of. But it is not real debt is it? It is excess REVENUE. When those t bills are cashed in the debt goes down. Your hoaxers are using a table that counts excess revenue of the trust funds (and there are many) as debt and that's how they are fooling you.
    The figures from the CBO are the correct ones. You've been hoaxed and I can't believe it is the only time. Partisans are such easy marks.

    Oh, Good Lord, You really are hopeless. I am done with you, not worth it at all, The numbers don't lie, only liberals. Tell your bank that your statement is wrong for that is what you are saying about Treasury numbers.

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)


    Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2012

  4. #674
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    But where does that money come from when that bond is paid? Is it pinned to productivity? Nope. It is purely an inflationary pressure. It is purely an increase in currency.

    That doesn't mean that inflation happens when a bond is paid, but in means that the central bank is forced to push deflationary measures to counter it.
    What Actually Causes Inflation (and who gains from it) - Forbes

    Increased monetary supply doesn't cause inflation. Inflation is caused when producers can get away with charging more for a wide variety of goods, either due to an increase in demand or a reduction/control of supply.

  5. #675
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    What Actually Causes Inflation (and who gains from it) - Forbes

    Increased monetary supply doesn't cause inflation. Inflation is caused when producers can get away with charging more for a wide variety of goods, either due to an increase in demand or a reduction/control of supply.
    I recently had a good debate with my mother and other family members at a gathering a week or so ago.... My mother blames imports (given our excessive outsourcing) as a significant role for inflation.... That wasn't the only factor cited but the main factor... That is an interesting outlook, however I would accept that idea to play a roll, however it's more complicated than that. I believe the FED and the fact it costs more than a dollar to spend a dollar through the idea of stimulus plays a major role in this horrible economy.

    I found that idea rather interesting..

  6. #676
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,776

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That idiot would be me and I have called much worse by the real idiots in this thread who have no concept of leadership and understanding of personal pain and suffering from a period of time when they probably weren't even born. I don't put a lot of faith in much that you say because you simply do not have any concept of how recessions affect individuals especially a recession compounded by high inflation, high unemployment, and high interest rates. You see, you have no understanding how economic policy affects those areas and thus it is easy for you to look at the 07-09 recession as worse because we are still experiencing the effects of that recession due to zero Presidential leadership.

    Continue to buy what the left elites tell you and ignore the actual economic policies and leadership that led us out of the 81-82 recession compared to the lack of leadership today because that doesn't suit your ideology and political beliefs. You want badly to believe that totally incompetent President we have today who somehow believes that bigger govt. and massive dependence somehow creates economic prosperity. A President that believes the private sector will continue to create jobs and economic growth by penalizing it with increased costs and regulations. You are part of the problem and never will be part of the solution because quite simply you live in a liberal dream world that simply doesn't exist.
    Reagan was senile throughout most of his presidency. Fact.

    Another fact: He was shot and in the hospital 3 months after being inaugurated. Everyone who knew him at the time said he was never the same after that traumatic event. His recovery was long and slow. He had a hard time staying focused and never again was able to manage going for long without needing rest.

    Reagan's wonderful leadership is all in your head.

  7. #677
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reagan was senile throughout most of his presidency. Fact.

    Another fact: He was shot and in the hospital 3 months after being inaugurated. Everyone who knew him at the time said he was never the same after that traumatic event. His recovery was long and slow. He had a hard time staying focused and never again was able to manage going for long without needing rest.

    Reagan's wonderful leadership is all in your head.
    Your facts are your opinions, Reagan's second term wasn't stellar but he already accomplished what was required, something Obama certainly hasn't come close to doing. Reagan's wonderful leadership is in the numbers and the shortness of a severe recession. Your hatred of a good man, a former President who is deceased is sickening. That is something I would expect from the loony left not someone who claims to be a centrist. There is nothing centrist in either you or randel

  8. #678
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your facts are your opinions, Reagan's second term wasn't stellar but he already accomplished what was required, something Obama certainly hasn't come close to doing. Reagan's wonderful leadership is in the numbers and the shortness of a severe recession. Your hatred of a good man, a former President who is deceased is sickening. That is something I would expect from the loony left not someone who claims to be a centrist. There is nothing centrist in either you or randel
    Here is where we can agree believe it or not. Reagan did a better job that any other Republican since Eisenhower. He wisely spent his way out his recession, signed the largest tax increase in history and even though he tripled our debt, at least he knew revenue was part of the equation. I long for someone on the Right with half the sense he had. All we have now are total morons who have sold out to their rich benefactors who manipulate them like puppets on a string. With all his faults, Reagan truly cared about this country and its people. That is what is missing from the current crop of Republicans.

  9. #679
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Lost in all this is the real common sense solution - adopt a balanced budget that doesn't require taking on further debt. Of course that seems to be the last solution either side of the political aisle wants the public to notice.

  10. #680
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,776

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your facts are your opinions, Reagan's second term wasn't stellar but he already accomplished what was required, something Obama certainly hasn't come close to doing. Reagan's wonderful leadership is in the numbers and the shortness of a severe recession. Your hatred of a good man, a former President who is deceased is sickening. That is something I would expect from the loony left not someone who claims to be a centrist. There is nothing centrist in either you or randel
    Centrist just means not committed to either the Right or Left.

    Like I said, his greatness is all in your head. It's something you convinced yourself to believe just like you think the recession of 81 was worse than the current recession.

    Here's the real Ronald Reagan:

    Reagan administration scandals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The most well-known and politically damaging of the scandals came to light in November 1986, when Ronald Reagan conceded that the United States had sold weapons to the Islamic Republic of Iran, as part of a largely unsuccessful effort to secure the release of six U.S. citizens being held hostage in Lebanon. It was also disclosed that some of the money from the arms deal with Iran had been covertly and illegally funneled into a fund to aid the right-wing Contras counter-revolutionary groups seeking to overthrow the socialist Sandinista government of Nicaragua.

    The HUD rigging scandal consisted of Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Samuel Pierce and his associates rigging low income housing bids to favor Republican contributors to Reagan's campaign as well as rewarding Republican lobbyists such as James G. Watt a former Secretary of the Interior.

    Sewergate, the most prominent EPA scandal during this period, involved the targeted release of Superfund grants to enhance the election prospects of local officials aligned with the Republican Party.

    Michael Deaver, Reagan’s Chief of Staff, was convicted of lying to both a congressional committee and to a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after he left the government.

    Inslaw Affair (1985-1994+); a protracted legal case that alleged that top-level officials of President Ronald Reagan's (R) Department of Justice were involved in software piracy of the Promis program from Inslaw Inc. forcing it into bankruptcy and then failed to appoint an independent counsel to investigate it

    Savings and loan crisis in which 747 institutions failed and had to be rescued with $160 billion in taxpayer dollars (Banking scandals during GOP administration seem to be quite common, just ask GW Bush).

    Debategate refers to a scandal affecting the administration of Ronald Reagan; it involved the final days of the 1980 presidential election and briefing papers that were to have been used by President Jimmy Carter in preparation for the October 28, 1980, debate with Reagan had somehow been acquired by Reagan's team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •