Page 61 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush is responsible for the 4.9 trillion added to the debt during his term just like Obama is responsible for the 6.4 trillion added to the debt during his term. That is the price of leadership, something Obama nor his Obamabots understand. My answer was to the question I was asked but you failed to quote.
    As usual, results don't matter to you. You still vote the same people that increase debt. You're no better than the liberals that voted for Obama. Hey look on the bright side, you and liberals that voted for Obama are the SAME.

  2. #602
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    GWB and his GOP congree started two unfunded wars and expanded the prescription drug plan while cutting taxes. How many times do I have to tell you where the damned $16 Trillion came from?
    I want to see the Treasury numbers that support that claim. Further I know this is hard for you to understand but Iraq was approved by a 76-23 Senate vote under Democrat leadership. Imagine that? Now tell me what does any of that have to do with the 6.4 trillion debt Obama has added to the debt especially since the Iraq War ended with the Status of Forces Agreement in October 2008. You show amazing lack of knowledge about history.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    As usual, results don't matter to you. You still vote the same people that increase debt. You're no better than the liberals that voted for Obama. Hey look on the bright side, you and liberals that voted for Obama are the SAME.
    That is your opinion and you haven't offered a viable alternative so just keep on the sidelines whining about what the others of us voted for. I will take Ted Cruz in a heartbeat as a step in the right direction. Too bad the govt. isn't run like the state of TX and a bunch of other great Red states.

  4. #604
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Pretty good analysis of Obamacare and why it needs to be repealed

    Obamacare Cold Open - YouTube

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion and you haven't offered a viable alternative so just keep on the sidelines whining about what the others of us voted for. I will take Ted Cruz in a heartbeat as a step in the right direction. Too bad the govt. isn't run like the state of TX and a bunch of other great Red states.

    Yes, because your alternative is debt, debt, and more debt. You have proven results mean NOTHING to you as long as it is a REPUBLICAN in charge. You have proven you are a Republican FIRST, and American second.

    Yes, too bad the U.S. isn't run like the state of Texas where the biggest job growth has been in the minimum wage industries. Maybe you should move to China since THEIR model is what you want the U.S. to be Con.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Nothing made up. Obama inherited a crap situation from Bush Jr and made the most of it. Clinton inherited a crap situation from 43, and hit it out of the park. Reagan tripled the debt in his effort to pull us out of the mini recession left behind by Carter. Obama barely increased spending and pulled us out of the deepest recession since the Depression. It is what it is.
    So...

    Do you think the interest rate makes no difference on the national debt?

    Do you know what the interest rates were each year for Reagan vs. each yer for Obama?

  7. #607
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,383

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think it is factual to call tax cuts and people keeping more of what they earned an expense to the Federal Govt? You have no idea what you are talking about especially since those tax cuts increased govt. revenue. Obama also had the opportunity to eliminate them but didn't, why? He extended them and yet the 6.4 trillion dollar debt is Bush's fault?
    You really do yourself a disservice by mentioning how Obama saved the Bush tax cuts but not how he ended them. It shows your narrow minded partisanship.The deficit is HALF of what it was when Obama took office. Bush took a surplus and turned it into record deficits. That is how to judge the financial prudence of a President. By which direction he moves the deficit. Bush fails miserably as do every Republican before him since Reagan.


  8. #608
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    What "Misuse the parliamentary budget process"?
    Obamacare is a legitimate passed LAW.
    Either you're ignorant of how the ACA was passed or you are aware and you are lying. Which is it???

    Are you ignorant to the fact that the ACA was passed via the reconciliation process which is a budget process??? Or do you just not care and parrot left-wing tropes and talking points?


    How is High School?
    "So"?
    It's effectiveness remains to be seen: the fact that it's a legitimate Law is settled.
    High school?? Are you flipping kidding me? That something is constitutional necessarily means that it must be right and must be enacted? Or can you not understand what my point was so when the personal attack route?

    Laugh your brain off all you want, your post was Incoherent juvenile Hackery, conflating past budget talks and ACA.
    Conflating the two, lol...I will laugh my head off at you...wtf do you think the current budget impasse is about if not the ACA??? Bwahahahhahaaa!!!

  9. #609
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You really do yourself a disservice by mentioning how Obama saved the Bush tax cuts but not how he ended them. It shows your narrow minded partisanship.The deficit is HALF of what it was when Obama took office. Bush took a surplus and turned it into record deficits. That is how to judge the financial prudence of a President. By which direction he moves the deficit. Bush fails miserably as do every Republican before him since Reagan.

    1) The budget deficit is half of what it was when Obama took office? Evidence, please. The US govt debt is up 90% since Obama took office. So even if deficits are smaller, Obama has nearly doubled the US govt-held debt.

    2) But I don't attribute govt spending 100% to the President. There is an institution called Congress that plays a major role...that's why Bush ain't 100% responsible for taking projected surpluses and turning them into deficits. You do recall that Congress has a say in budgeting, right? And those Congresses were controlled by the Democrats. Bush does own Medicare Part D, does own multiple annual farm bills because those were not spending priorities unique to the Democrats.

    You see, unlike you, I can exercise judgment and I can both praise and fault my party's leaders. How's the Kool-aid?

  10. #610
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,383

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak00 View Post
    1) The budget deficit is half of what it was when Obama took office? Evidence, please. The US govt debt is up 90% since Obama took office. So even if deficits are smaller, Obama has nearly doubled the US govt-held debt.

    2) But I don't attribute govt spending 100% to the President. There is an institution called Congress that plays a major role...that's why Bush ain't 100% responsible for taking projected surpluses and turning them into deficits. You do recall that Congress has a say in budgeting, right? And those Congresses were controlled by the Democrats. Bush does own Medicare Part D, does own multiple annual farm bills because those were not spending priorities unique to the Democrats.

    You see, unlike you, I can exercise judgment and I can both praise and fault my party's leaders. How's the Kool-aid?
    Here's some very berry punch from Forbes. Drink up

    Over the first four years of the Obama presidency, the deficit shrunk by a total of $300 billion dollars. That is not the national debt- it is the amount of money we spend each year relative to the amount we take in. And while this improving deficit picture is not what those who believe in a balanced budget would be looking for, it is a shrinking deficit just the same.

    Find this difficult to believe?

    According to the latest CBO report,

    “Compared to the size of the economy, the deficit in 2013 is much lower than in 2009, when Obama took office. The deficit will be 5.3 percent of gross domestic product this year, nearly half the 10.1 percent of GDP in 2009.”
    The improvement in the deficit as measured against GDP is the direct result of the deficit falling to $845 billion for fiscal year 2013—a $300 billion improvement over the previous year. And the positive trend is projected to continue though the next fiscal year where the the annual budgetary deficit will fall again to $430 billion.
    The Best Kept Secret In American Politics-Federal Budget Deficits Are Actually Shrinking! - Forbes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •