Page 54 of 192 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #531
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,539

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Clinton lowered Capital Gains Taxes, and had a Republican Congress.

    He also built the Sub-Prime Bubble, via executive orders that lowered lebding standards and it was all based on the false narrative of "redlining".

    He also appointed a binch of criminals to run Fannie and Freddie, and was a generally scumny dude.

    You need to educate yourself.
    Right. Bush's recession was Clinton's fault, and Clinton's surplus was Reagan's doing. Got it.

  2. #532
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,539

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    2007 is when the democrats took control of congress, and scared investors of business by promising to punish the evil rich.
    So, the Democratic Congress gets credit for the huge Revenues of 2007. Got it.


    <snicker>

  3. #533
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,221

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    So if Obama tripled the debt and created 17 million jobs you would have no problem with that?
    I challenge you to do some calculations of interest on the debt Reagan started with, to see how much of the debt during Reagan's time was compounded interest because of the double digit bond rates left over by Carter. The average bond rates during the first six years Reagan was in office was around 11%. They finally dropped below 5% before he left office.

    I would tell you, but I doubt you would believe it since I already pointed this fact out earlier. You should be knowledgeable about what you speak of, else not be respected here.

    The increases in revenue grew strong under Reagan. The economy was far better when he left, than what he had taken over.
    Last edited by Lord of Planar; 10-03-13 at 03:15 PM.

  4. #534
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,221

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    So if Obama tripled the debt and created 17 million jobs you would have no problem with that?

    Actually its 4. 7 million jobs but Republicans will tell you he hasn't created jobs. Also my concern is Republicans mantra that Government doesn't create jobs but yet you give Reagan credit? Please tell me how that works.
    At least 17 million would indicate improvement. 2 million is going backwards, considering the population has increase by more than 11 million while he was in office.

    The debt only grew by 134% under Reagan in his 8 years when you look at the fiscal years he signed budgets for instead of days in office. At the rate Obama's debt is increasing, it will be 116% greater under his budgets. That's pretty bad considering he has such low debt rats when Reagan's debt rates were multiple times greater. If I go back to calender time in office, at the rate Obama's debt is increasing, it will be about 158% more than when he took office.

    These calculations are using table 1.1 and 7.1 of the OMB history.

  5. #535
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,221

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So, the Democratic Congress gets credit for the huge Revenues of 2007. Got it.


    <snicker>
    No, and you should know better. Their first budget was FY 2009.

  6. #536
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,221

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Right. Bush's recession was Clinton's fault, and Clinton's surplus was Reagan's doing. Got it.
    Can you be serious, or are you going to be a trolling clown?

    Clinton had The Lord of Planar, and my buddies, helping him. The Y2K scare, and internet boom. The Y2K scare was over before Bush took office, but wow... the revenues from corporate profits poured in. The internet bubble popped earlier in Bush's first term, and there was 9/11 too. The recession came after democrats elected to congress promised to be the poor's Robin Hood against the rich.

    CMP (Chemical Mechanical Planarization) was a new process in the early 90's It was the paradigm shift that allowed the semiconductor industry to break the 1 micron line widths on chips. I was instrumental in CMP in the 90's, and I know how it revolutionized the industry.

  7. #537
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,522

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    He has no Mexican in him whatsoever. That was my original point that obviously went whoosh right over your little head.

    For some reason I have Mexican on the mind, he's cuban, I believe.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #538
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,539

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Can you be serious, or are you going to be a trolling clown?

    Clinton had The Lord of Planar, and my buddies, helping him. The Y2K scare, and internet boom. The Y2K scare was over before Bush took office, but wow... the revenues from corporate profits poured in. The internet bubble popped earlier in Bush's first term, and there was 9/11 too. The recession came after democrats elected to congress promised to be the poor's Robin Hood against the rich.

    CMP (Chemical Mechanical Planarization) was a new process in the early 90's It was the paradigm shift that allowed the semiconductor industry to break the 1 micron line widths on chips. I was instrumental in CMP in the 90's, and I know how it revolutionized the industry.
    Clinton rode the wave of peace and prosperity. So, your planer idea, for example, ended up in the market and not stuck somewhere buried under a mountain of "Top Secret" paperwork.

    Bush tried to avert the recession caused by the I/T collapse by stoking the flames for a boom in housing market, which allowed people to supplement their incomes through borrowing while allowing banks to leverage at unheard of rates. He also threw a blind eye at all the fraud in the mortgage industry as worthless sub-prime portfolios were sold off to foreign investors. Oh, and on top of all that, there was also the whole war-thing, which buried new technologies in that Top Secret underworld again. In the end, all of that bit him in the ass.

  9. #539
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Can you be serious, or are you going to be a trolling clown?

    Clinton had The Lord of Planar, and my buddies, helping him. The Y2K scare, and internet boom. The Y2K scare was over before Bush took office, but wow... the revenues from corporate profits poured in. The internet bubble popped earlier in Bush's first term, and there was 9/11 too. The recession came after democrats elected to congress promised to be the poor's Robin Hood against the rich.

    CMP (Chemical Mechanical Planarization) was a new process in the early 90's It was the paradigm shift that allowed the semiconductor industry to break the 1 micron line widths on chips. I was instrumental in CMP in the 90's, and I know how it revolutionized the industry.
    Wow! Not only did you prove global warming to be wrong by simple calculations, but you also were the reason the world economy was incredibly strong in the 90s!

    We are all impressed.

    Hopefully you'll turn your prodigious talents to the problem of Fusion, or a Universal Theory for Physics. Maybe if you have time in a couple weeks?

    That being said...I'm pretty sure the Y2K scare didn't help the economy a whole lot, and the Internet boom was a stock market event rather than a GDP event...at least back in the 90s.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #540
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,221

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Wow! Not only did you prove global warming to be wrong by simple calculations, but you also were the reason the world economy was incredibly strong in the 90s!

    We are all impressed.

    Hopefully you'll turn your prodigious talents to the problem of Fusion, or a Universal Theory for Physics. Maybe if you have time in a couple weeks?

    That being said...I'm pretty sure the Y2K scare didn't help the economy a whole lot, and the Internet boom was a stock market event rather than a GDP event...at least back in the 90s.
    Your understanding of the economy is definitely unimpressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •