Page 53 of 192 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #521
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,602

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's funny! Yeah, the nation was really handcuffed in the '90's with that booming economy created by Reagan's policies! It just petered out at the end, when Clinton handed GWB a recession created by his tax hikes.

    But, I guess, the $6 trillion (and counting) of debt that Obama has strapped us with, that's not a problem. LOL! Liberal logic is funny.
    Ah...the Boom during Clinton's presidency was due to Reagan, and the bust while Bush governed for two terms was due to Clinton. But the mess Obama has to deal with is all on him.


    Right Wing logic

  2. #522
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,602

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You've said enough for me to assess...

    No I can't prove it, but your yapper provides evidence hence a theory...

    If it matters few things can be proved and all there is - is evidence....
    You assert much, substantiate nothing.

  3. #523
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,264

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Ah...the Boom during Clinton's presidency was
    due to Reagan, and the bust while Bush governed for two terms was due to Clinton. But the mess Obama has to deal with is all on him.


    Right Wing logic
    Clinton lowered Capital Gains Taxes, and had a Republican Congress.

    He also built the Sub-Prime Bubble, via executive orders that lowered lebding standards and it was all based on the false narrative of "redlining".

    He also appointed a binch of criminals to run Fannie and Freddie, and was a generally scumny dude.

    You need to educate yourself.

  4. #524
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No. Republicans cannot choose to simply fund portions of the law that they don't like. The proper way would be to try to bring changes in the law through legislation. However, they know that they don't have the backing to do that so they are resorting to gamesmanship and essentially to holding a gun to the head of the American public. It is immature and childish and the teabaggers are destroying what is left of the GOP's credibility.
    Sorry, I disagree. Spending originates in the house. The senate approves or disapproves the spending bills.

    Consider this. Since you interpret things like you do, why is it any different for the republicans to want to give the people the same 1 year break from Obamacare-snare that Obama gave to his corporate friends?

  5. #525
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Who you elected is Irrelevant. That minorities' tactics ARE the issue here.
    And you did NOT Back your claim of what is going on and who is responsible.
    Your last was Indeed Empty GARBAGE/Conspiratorial innuendo and you have FAILED to put any meat on the bone.
    My post to j-mac remains Untouched by any coherent or honest reply.

    The HACKERY on the top half of the board is disgraceful, and you are one of the main knee-jerk purveyors that make logical discussion impossible.
    1) The republicans are the majority in the house.

    2) Spending bills originate in the house.

    3) The senate can vote yes or no.

    4) It is the democrats who have cause the shutdown.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Be honest now... did you predict Obama or Romney?
    I thought Romney had a pretty good shot of winning until the RNC screwed over Ron Paul in the convention rule change midstream. I was one who was going to vote for who ever came out the winner, most likely Romney. The RNC pissed off so many people when they did that...

    I wonder how many other people either wrote in Ron Paul on the ballot, or didn't vote after than serious snafu by the RNC.

  7. #527
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    What does 2007 have to do with it? Obama saw increased rev for every year he was in office, beginning in 2009.
    2007 is when the democrats took control of congress, and scared investors of business by promising to punish the evil rich.

  8. #528
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak00 View Post
    When you misuse a parliamentary budget process to improperly ram through a non-budget piece of legislation...well, that's not losing.
    What "Misuse the parliamentary budget process"?
    Obamacare is a legitimate passed LAW.


    So? Just because it is constitutional doesn't mean it is effective.
    How is High School?
    "So"?
    It's effectiveness remains to be seen: the fact that it's a legitimate Law is settled.


    LMAO.....and please stop with the crazy hostage rhetoric. It simply demonstrates you not a right-thinking person.
    Keep in mind that it's the Democrats in the Senate that for multiple years now have refused to pas actual budgets, hence, we've played with CRs...it is the Democrats fault.
    Craziness
    Laugh your brain off all you want, your post was Incoherent juvenile Hackery, conflating past budget talks and ACA.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-03-13 at 02:49 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  9. #529
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    1) The republicans are the majority in the house.
    An open vote of all the House (aka, Clean Resolution) would yield an end to the impasse.


    2) Spending bills originate in the house.
    And what does this have to do with it?
    Obamacare/ACA was passed in the house.
    If the current house doesn't like it there are legitimate means to do so.
    They don't have the votes, so have chosen illegitimate means.
    Hey, lets go after some old Reagan stuff.

    3) The senate can vote yes or no.
    Duh.
    That will not end the impasse.
    Boehner refuse to let a 'Clean Resolution' to fund the Govt get voted on.

    4) It is the democrats who have cause the shutdown.
    What an Obtuse and empty remark.
    Last edited by mbig; 10-03-13 at 03:06 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  10. #530
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He sure did creating 17 million jobs and we are paying debt service on the 1.7 trillion dollar Reagan Debt. Obama has added 6.4 trillion to the debt and created less than 2 million jobs since taking office and we are still 2 million down from when the recession began. Guess you missed those numbers in your attacks on Republicans.
    So if Obama tripled the debt and created 17 million jobs you would have no problem with that?

    Actually its 4. 7 million jobs but Republicans will tell you he hasn't created jobs. Also my concern is Republicans mantra that Government doesn't create jobs but yet you give Reagan credit? Please tell me how that works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •