Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #501
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,757

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I gave you the BLS numbers which you probably don't understand. Your chart doesn't refute anything I posted and goes all the way to 2007. I don't even think you understand what your chart shows or what you are talking about. Obviously you have no idea what leadership responsibilities are.
    I know this. You are obviously praising Reagan for pulling us out of a baby recession by tripling the debt but can;t seem to shut up about how horrible Obama is even though he pulled us out of a severe depression by increasing the debt by a mere 45%

  2. #502
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Kobie;1062378619]I know what the "misery index" was; I just think the "misery index" is a stupid statistic based on adding together two arbitrary, often unrelated figures.
    Of course you do because misery index actually has human faces associated with it and direct affects people. Obviously your book "learnin" doesn't apply human faces to your theory.


    By ALL economic standards? That's a pantload if I ever saw one. We lost exponentially more jobs from the 2008-09 recession than the 81-82 one. As in, not even remotely comparable. Real GDP saw a bigger hit. Of course, then there's the entire foreclosure problem, since the cause of the 2008 recession was the bursting of the housing bubble (and all the accounting shenanigans that came with), which wasn't what caused the early 80s recession. The entire cause of that recession was overly contractionary Fed policy designed to combat inflation. I don't give a rat's ass what you lived and worked through; you don't know what you're talking about.
    More jobs because of a larger labor force however jobs not keeping up with the labor force increases and record numbers dropping out because they are discouraged. Those are the economic numbers liberals want to ignore. Real GDP is also misunderstood because people like you don't understand we are a private sector economy not the govt. central economy Obama wants.

    You don't think there was a foreclosure problem in the 81-82 recession. U-Haul was out of trailors, mortgage interest rates were 17.5%. every American was impacted by the high interest rates, high unemployment, and high inflation. People who don't own homes, weren't selling their homes, and had fixed 30 year mortgages weren't affected by this recession nearly as much as the high interest rates and high inflation compounding the 81-82 recession



    Yes, Reagan flew in on his golden pegasus and singlehandedly pulled us back from ... an economic hiccup that was insignificant enough to be self-correctable. I'm certainly not saying his policies had NOTHING to do with the recovery; however, to claim that the early-80s recession was worse is asinine.
    Get your nose out of the textbook and actually do some research. Reagan wasn't out making campaign speeches against Tip O'Neil, Reagan promoted the greatness of the American spirit and our economy, not the greatness of the American govt. to solve personal issues.

    I don't have any idea where you get your information regarding the 81-82 recession but the only reason the numbers don't look as bad is because of strong leadership, not divisive rhetoric by an incompetent President.

  3. #503
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I know this. You are obviously praising Reagan for pulling us out of a baby recession by tripling the debt but can;t seem to shut up about how horrible Obama is even though he pulled us out of a severe depression by increasing the debt by a mere 45%
    You sure are fixated on the tripling of the debt but sell that bs to your other Obamabots. Debt is only bad if you don't have the return to pay for that debt, Reagan generated a 60% increase in Income Tax revenue from his three years of tax cuts and before you go on about raising taxes, he didn't raise income taxes and that is where the increase of 60% shows up so tell me how you increase income tax revenue by cutting taxes three years in a row? Hint:17 million new job holders.

    Please tell me how this recession that Obama inherited affected you and your family? What was your mortgage rate then vs now? You call it severe depression? that is total ignorance, there was no depression but I could make a case that the 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers today are in a depression and the lack of Obama leadership is keeping them there.

  4. #504
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,757

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hey, kid, chuckle away but the laugh is on you. You have been given the opportunity to prove me wrong but you continue to cite your own personal opinions backed up by nothing. I spent 35 years in the business world and am retired. I can beat you up all day with actual economic data but what is the use, you don't understand any of it.
    Dude, you prove yourself more wrong with every post in a classic case of open mouth insert foot.

    Conservative Logic: Tripling debt,good; adding less than 50% to a debt, bad. What's the difference? THe tripling occurred under the Conservative's idol: Ron-Ron; while the slight increase is happening under a Democrat with a funny sounding name.

  5. #505
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,757

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You sure are fixated on the tripling of the debt but sell that bs to your other Obamabots. Debt is only bad if you don't have the return to pay for that debt, Reagan generated a 60% increase in Income Tax revenue from his three years of tax cuts and before you go on about raising taxes, he didn't raise income taxes and that is where the increase of 60% shows up so tell me how you increase income tax revenue by cutting taxes three years in a row? Hint:17 million new job holders.

    Please tell me how this recession that Obama inherited affected you and your family? What was your mortgage rate then vs now? You call it severe depression? that is total ignorance, there was no depression but I could make a case that the 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers today are in a depression and the lack of Obama leadership is keeping them there.
    Uh, Obama's increased revenue by over $1 Trillion.

    So, that must mean Obama's debt is good. Right?

  6. #506
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,757

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, really? do you know what the misery index was then? By all economic standards the 81-82 recession hurt Americans much worse than this one, I lived and worked during both, what is your experience? You see, you are comparing results of this recession to the results of the 81-82 recession ignoring the vacuum of leadership displayed by Obama and the leadership exhibited by Reagan.
    Perfect example of "Open mouth insert foot".

    Saying the little blip in 80 was worse than the Bush Recession of 2007 is ridiculous. If you honestly believe it, then you have demonstrated to us your complete and total ignorance.

  7. #507
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Uh, Obama's increased revenue by over $1 Trillion.

    So, that must mean Obama's debt is good. Right?
    Revenue is down since 2007.

    2007 2,567,985
    2008 2,523,991
    2009 2,104,989
    2010 2,162,706
    2011 2,303,466
    2012 2,450,164
    2013 estimate 2,712,045

    It might be slightly up this year, but only after the govts borrowed 4 trillion more, so is it real? And its not only Obamas fault. Congress approves the bills first.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Dude, you prove yourself more wrong with every post in a classic case of open mouth insert foot.

    Conservative Logic: Tripling debt,good; adding less than 50% to a debt, bad. What's the difference? THe tripling occurred under the Conservative's idol: Ron-Ron; while the slight increase is happening under a Democrat with a funny sounding name.
    Seriously?

    Let me guess you heard all of that on MSNBC?

    It's simply amazing how you Obamabots throw a blinds eye at the democrats spending and blatant fascism...

    You do realize Obama has tripled the debt - the same debt that you claim bush tripled??

    Yeah all this social welfare costs money you know?...

  9. #509
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    His mom was an American Citizen in good standing...
    Yes, I know all that. You were saying I was wrong about him being a Mexican-American.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yes, I know all that. You were saying I was wrong about him being a Mexican-American.
    Why don't you just call yourself a concerned US citizen?

    Besides, "Mexican American" is a bit redundant considering Mexico is in North America.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •