Page 35 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, you sure told me. I am smart enough not to get into a name calling contest with you. You have been told get lost and I support that recommendation.
    Funny how you start the flames then back off just enough to keep from an infraction. If that. I think you two should be the ones that get lost and let the adults talk for a while.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't report people but you are getting very close to being my first. Grow up and stop with the name calling and childish statements. Stick to the topic or simply get lost.
    You started the flames with the following statement: "Stay in school". That's a personal attack and was the first one of the thread. I think you should click the report button. You need some time off.

  3. #343
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Do you speak jibberish because you think you are from Jiberia? Did Jesus tell you that's where you live? I know how GOPtards sure do love those invisible sky daddies.
    You're just ticking all the boxes aren't you? Funny considering you're spewing everything you claim to oppose.

  4. #344
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Yours is the lie.
    1. They have passed several smaller propositions (since they shut down the govt) that would fund programs they like.
    2. You have previously NOT had the right to shut down the govt/Blackmail the country if you don't agree with an already passed (and UNSC allowed) law.
    3. Because they are hyper-partsian wack jobs, they have shut it down..
    Just let's not be under any illusion/LIE about Who has.
    The debate by the Limbaugh Lackies here is garbage-speak.
    No lie on my part. Spending bills start off in the House. If the Senate doesn't agree to it, they are supposed to negotiate with the House.

    The Senate and Obama are the ones making up the rules as they go and they are the ones responsible for the so called "shut down".
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #345
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Tell us about hate again there flame thrower? You got nothing but cheap insults, and meaningless drivel....do us a favor and get lost.
    That guy is as phony as a three dollar bill.

    And just a guess on my part, a drunk poster. At least many of his posts seem that way.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #346
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,045

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, elections do have consequences...That is what the newly elected members in the house, and senate that you and your friends so affectionately call 'teabaggers' were elected to do....The tyranny I speak of is not extreme, nor overt, but rater a soft tyranny. When you use mindless rhetoric like 'elections have consequences', what you are really saying is 'we won, so sit down and shut up, we don't have to listen to you.' And it is this latest pablum from the left about Obamacare being passed by congress, signed by Obama, and upheld by the SCOTUS, that is frightening to those of us that want to see the constitution upheld.

    Look, just because you had a super majority, locked out the minority party in the constructing of this law, then used double speak to get the SCOTUS to declare it a tax, when the whole damned time up to then you argued that it wasn't now you want to rest on that? Really? This was **** from its very start, and needs to be killed before it becomes just another entitlement that can't be touched, and adds to the others that progressives put into place, and have racked up over a $120 Trillion in unfunded liability.

    I have said it before, and I will continue to say it...Progressives are dangerous.
    There is no such thing as "soft tyranny". That's just you trying to hold fast to using stupid words to incite folks. People who generally use that word in our country use it in place of, "we lost an election and we aren't getting our way... therefore it's tyranny."

    The SCOTUS upholds the constitution. And they did and Obamacare is constitutionally approved. It's not a case of being unconstitutional or tyranny. Again, it's just you not getting your way.

    You wish to kill it... TOO LATE. No temper tantrum will overturn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #347
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,045

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, we do have elections, the House is the "People's House" and was part of that election. they are charged with undoing Obamacare or at least making it fair for all Americans.
    And they held to their charge and lost... 3 years ago. Get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Seems the only elections that matter to you are the President and the Senate. The "People" won the election, the nation lost especially when the corrupt big cities carried the states for this incompetent President
    You guys gerrymandered districts sooooo badly that you lost the popular vote in the house and still held a solid majority. Whining about electoral corruption from a repub is beyond rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #348
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,045

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't see a problem here, cutting funding for one piece of legislation shuts down the govt. for a President who has yet to have a budget enacted? We are operating on CR's because we have an incompetent President who negotiates with contributors and his base but not the Representatives of the "People."
    Aside from that B.S. home-spun republican narrative of what happened... they key is:

    Bills are for negotiating. Laws are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And they held to their charge and lost... 3 years ago. Get over it.



    You guys gerrymandered districts sooooo badly that you lost the popular vote in the house and still held a solid majority. Whining about electoral corruption from a repub is beyond rich.
    No, I am sorry, the Republicans retained control of the House in 2012, what election were you watching?

    Please tell me what it is about Obama that creates this kind of loyalty because it certainly isn't his economic results or leadership qualities. What is wrong with people like you who have to destroy anyone that disagrees with you. Results matter which you don't seem to understand. Gerrymandering the districts? Apparently Democrats never do that nor do they shut out Republicans in any negotiations like the behind closed door sessions for Obamacare. Do you people ever accept responsibility for anything including election losses?
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-01-13 at 10:01 PM.

  10. #350
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Aside from that B.S. home-spun republican narrative of what happened... they key is:

    Bills are for negotiating. Laws are not.
    I have no problem with that if you can show me where in the ACA were the exemptions described and explained? Seems those exemptions were created AFTER the law so apparently exemptions are negotiable but apparently only for Obama supporters and backers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •