Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #1891
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Yep. Canada doesn't have any pipelines. They would never allow such a thing. Oh, wait a minute. I found an article that says they have had them since 1853. Still have them and are still building them. I guess that shoots your silly theory down unless Canadians don't care about their country. LOL.
    What theory did I propose? I never said that Canadians don't have pipelines, I pointed out that Canadians care about the well being of their country but Republicans don't care about the well being of this country.

    And f.y.i. Canadians are under no obligation to ensure our own safety standards, that's something we are supposed to handle. The Keystone pipeline would go through precious aquifers, and farmland. You think Canadians are gonna help with the cleanup? Stop chomping at the bit to sellout your own country for short term gain.

  2. #1892
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    See the part in red? That's the difference between Canadians and America's Republicans. The repubs don't give a damn about safety standards.
    Actually oil spills are expensive to repair, product is lost, and the environment is harmed so its in everyone's interest to set safety standards. The BC Premier is clearly grandstanding for the Luddites who want nothing to do with oil and, like some places in the US, want to shut down all energy programs. North Dakota is booming, thanks to energy programs, and those who don't get in on it will have problems in the future for sure.

    If you have any evidence that Republicans are against safety standards then let's hear it. It seems more evident that Barrack Obama is trying to destroy the American economy then he is in 'saving the environment', an area in which he has little knowledge or experience.

  3. #1893
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually oil spills are expensive to repair, product is lost, and the environment is harmed so its in everyone's interest to set safety standards. The BC Premier is clearly grandstanding for the Luddites who want nothing to do with oil and, like some places in the US, want to shut down all energy programs. North Dakota is booming, thanks to energy programs, and those who don't get in on it will have problems in the future for sure.

    If you have any evidence that Republicans are against safety standards then let's hear it. It seems more evident that Barrack Obama is trying to destroy the American economy then he is in 'saving the environment', an area in which he has little knowledge or experience.
    The problem is Republicans in Congress don't want to pay to enforce the laws we have concerning pipeline safety.

    Public confidence in pipeline safety has been tested by a spate of serious accidents. In 2010, a natural gas line explosion in San Bruno, Calif., set off a 95-minute inferno that killed eight people, destroyed 38 homes and damaged scores of others. That same year, a pipeline spilled more than 1 million gallons of Canadian tar sand crude into Michigan's Kalamazoo River. The ongoing clean-up of that one spill has already cost more than $1 billion. This year, a pipeline rupture deposited at least 210,000 gallons of heavy Canadian crude in the streets of Mayflower, Ark.
    Wiese, as head of PHMSA's Office of Pipeline Safety, is the federal official most directly charged with preventing these types of accidents. But as his July 24 comments in New Orleans reflect, he is constrained by a pipeline safety budget that has remained flat at about $108 million for the past three years, despite the construction of thousands of miles of new pipeline. Most of that money comes from industry user fees and an oil spill liability trust fund. Taxpayers pay just $1 million a year toward the safety program.

    The Obama administration has consistently asked for more money for pipeline safety, but those requests have fallen victim to Congress' inability to pass anything more than stopgap budgets for the past three years. The administration asked for a 60 percent increase for this year, but the continuing budget standoff and effects of sequestration instead have tightened the budget.

    Two stark numbers illustrate the challenge the administration faces in ensuring pipeline safety while pressing ahead with new pipeline projects: 135 federal inspectors oversee 2.6 million miles of pipeline, which means each inspector is responsible for almost enough pipe to circle the Earth. PHMSA says it has the help of about 300 state inspectors, but not all states have inspection programs.
    Pipeline Safety Chief Says Regulatory Process Is 'Kind of Dying' - Bloomberg

  4. #1894
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The problem is Republicans in Congress don't want to pay to enforce the laws we have concerning pipeline safety.



    Pipeline Safety Chief Says Regulatory Process Is 'Kind of Dying' - Bloomberg
    They have 'several hundred compliance officers' and still it takes three years a new rule. That seems to be a large part of the problem.

    It is in the industry's interest to not have oil spills. But sometimes there will be a spill and we have to accept that just as we have to accept airline crashes. train wrecks, and other accidents, despite always looking at ways to make them safer. But to close down an industry because there might be an accident, or to paint one side as villains and the other as heroes, just isn't realistic and never has been. The US is lagging behind in energy sources, even after spending billions on solar power, and should get back into the game.

    I want to see the US do well.

  5. #1895
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Great Op Ed piece that the Obamabots will ignore but it is true and something desperately needed in D.C. today as we do have an amateur in the WH Without any leadership skills.

    Obama's leadership proves presidency is no place for amateurs | Fox News

  6. #1896
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great Op Ed piece that the Obamabots will ignore but it is true and something desperately needed in D.C. today as we do have an amateur in the WH Without any leadership skills.

    Obama's leadership proves presidency is no place for amateurs | Fox News
    Yes. Leadership is strapping a bomb to your chest and demanding negotiations not to explode the bomb. The real brilliant leadership.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #1897
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yes. Leadership is strapping a bomb to your chest and demanding negotiations not to explode the bomb. The real brilliant leadership.
    How you coming on finding those so called fake facts that you say I post? Until you back up your claims you have zero credibility. This is just another example of your lack of understanding. Guess we can count on another Obama supporter from Chicago not knowing what is going on even in his own city let alone own country.

  8. #1898
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How you coming on finding those so called fake facts that you say I post? Until you back up your claims you have zero credibility. This is just another example of your lack of understanding. Guess we can count on another Obama supporter from Chicago not knowing what is going on even in his own city let alone own country.
    Look up 'epistemic closure' and get back to me.

    You're the poster boy for it.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #1899
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Look up 'epistemic closure' and get back to me.

    You're the poster boy for it.
    You made a wild ass claim that you now say is nothing more than part of my belief system as if numbers and data mean nothing. One would assume that when you make a claim that someone uses fake data that you would have at your finger tips the accurate data but obviously not because BLS.gov, BEA.gov, The U.S Treasury don't post fake data and that is where mine come from. It has nothing to do with a belief system but rather everything to do with actual verifiable results.

    You are the one that has a belief system that trumps actual results. Nothing ever is going to change your mind because your ideology trumps reality. It is a shame that people like are the real poster boys for 'epistemic closure' and for some reason cannot see it.

    Now if you can post anything to counter the data I post then I welcome seeing it.

  10. #1900
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You made a wild ass claim that you now say is nothing more than part of my belief system as if numbers and data mean nothing. One would assume that when you make a claim that someone uses fake data that you would have at your finger tips the accurate data but obviously not because BLS.gov, BEA.gov, The U.S Treasury don't post fake data and that is where mine come from. It has nothing to do with a belief system but rather everything to do with actual verifiable results.

    You are the one that has a belief system that trumps actual results. Nothing ever is going to change your mind because your ideology trumps reality. It is a shame that people like are the real poster boys for 'epistemic closure' and for some reason cannot see it.

    Now if you can post anything to counter the data I post then I welcome seeing it.
    Just look back at the thread.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •