Page 188 of 192 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #1871
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Doesn't appear to be the case

    Oklahoma business leaders voice support for Keystone XL | News OK

    Not only are we talking construction jobs bot crude oil getting to the refineries to assist our economy to grow.
    What the Glut? Why Cushing is Bursting and Hurting Oklahoma’s Economy | StateImpact Oklahoma

    There is already a pipeline in place that ends in Cushing. This would extend it and the oil instead will be transported around the world.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  2. #1872
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    the total job creation keystone would create is insignificant compared to the actual number of unemployed people.
    A few jobs here and a few jobs there and one day you might actually have a functioning economy.

  3. #1873
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    What the Glut? Why Cushing is Bursting and Hurting Oklahoma’s Economy | StateImpact Oklahoma

    There is already a pipeline in place that ends in Cushing. This would extend it and the oil instead will be transported around the world.
    Sounds to me like the businesses want it and in an economy short on jobs every little bit helps.

  4. #1874
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,553

    Re: MessiahCare Propaganda Money and Appropriations Bills

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, your side is trying to side step law without working with the Senate. This is a temper tantrum. You're saying, we can't win without whining, so we'll hold our breath until we get our way. I think Republicans will regret this.
    No. His side is the borderline insane side, which believes virtually all government activity is bad. It's the right wing equivalent of the guys who hate all of capitalism. Nutty and really not worth engaging on any intellectual level.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #1875
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, my point is that you have to spend according to your income, just as most responsible adults do. That option doesn't seem to have occurred to you, which is part of my larger point concerning a responsible and adult electorate.
    Of course it has. I was raised very conservatively when it comes to money. My father imparted to me the importance of paying ones bills and debts. The USA must do the same. Cutting spending will not pay the debt. We must increase taxes for all who make dollar one. To do anything else is simply irresponsible. Pay the damn debt first. Then worry about a balanced budget.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1876
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the reality is the dem court broke years of precedent because it was pussy whipped by FDR's illegal threat to pack the court. By the time conservatives took over, they did what faint hearted conservatives do-respected the dishonest precedent that FDRs' pet monkeys had put into place.

    You seem unable to address that fact
    I also do not address the Judge Crater kidnapping by aliens. That kind of political lunacy is on par with your far right wing ravings about FDR and the Court.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-13-13 at 05:53 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1877
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,553

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Rather interesting that once again you doubt the numbers I post and claim they are unfounded. try buying a hamburger in Japan and see what it costs.

    Why are Retail Prices in Japan so High?: Evidence from German Export Prices

    Is there anything that anyone can post that would convert you from a liberal? Obviously results don't matter
    Japan has little inflation. That's not too hard to understand, is it? Deflation is more of an issue, and Japan is doing all it can to try to increase inflation right now.

    But as usual, Conservative is refractory to reality, because as has been shown over and over, reality has a well known liberal bias.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #1878
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Japan has little inflation. That's not too hard to understand, is it? Deflation is more of an issue, and Japan is doing all it can to try to increase inflation right now.

    But as usual, Conservative is refractory to reality, because as has been shown over and over, reality has a well known liberal bias.
    And as a liberal you will do whatever you can to divert from the disastrous results of liberalism and Obama

  9. #1879
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,553

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And as a liberal you will do whatever you can to divert from the disastrous results of liberalism and Obama
    Apparently, 'whatever I can' involves shredding your pathetic fake facts. Pointing out you're wrong on a daily basis isn't really diversion....
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #1880
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Apparently, 'whatever I can' involves shredding your pathetic fake facts. Pointing out you're wrong on a daily basis isn't really diversion....
    LOL, fake facts? Prove that the facts are fake? doubt you even know what a fact is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •