Page 17 of 192 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I forgot: nonsequiturs are also part of conservative "logic"

  2. #162
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    total accumulated debt when coming into office, most filibusters in history, constant threats of government shutdown hurting the economy, 25 TEArepubs causing a downgrade in August 2011, causing borrowing rates to increase--Obama is actually protecting future Repub POTUSs from this treasonous blackmail
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Total accumulated debt handed to Obama was 10.6 trillion dollars. Total accumulated debt handed to Bush was 5.7 trillion dollars. That debt today is 17 trillion dollars. Obama isn't responsible for any interest on the 10.6 trillion dollars in debt but he is responsible for the interest on the 6.4 trillion dollars generated under his term. I would have thought that you would have learned that in school or haven't you got to that class yet?

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Debt isn't a problem in your world, neither is high unemployment, low economic growth, and massive dependence on the govt. What exactly are the issues that concern you? Maybe when you get your first job you will realize that it isn't an expense to the govt. to keep more of what you earn regardless of what you income is?
    No economist agrees with you, but since your brain is on Obamaphobia, you can't even read this line.

    Debt is a longterm problem, not a shortterm problem. The shortterm problems were a result of Bush's failed conservative policies, as most economists have been at pains to show.

    Meanwhile, your "solution" is more tax cuts for Paris Hilton and deregulation, right? Come up, stand up proudly from your freakish conservative agenda of failure.
    Last edited by head of joaquin; 09-30-13 at 05:41 PM.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Sorry - not liberal economics so the concept probably went over your head. Canadian economics says that spending more than you take in increases debt - try living your own life the way your government does and see how far you get.
    Ah, so less revenue can increase debt!

    The transformation miraculously occurs again!

    That is quite different than arguing having less revenue does not increase debt:
    "allowing people to keep more of their hard earned wages rather than have it wasted by government, is hardly a contributor to debt."

    Less revenue is less revenue.....not matter how you try to propagandize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    1. Please list the total cost of the debt Obama inherited, and the interest rate of the debt.
    2. Please list the total cost of the Afghanistan war, and who was President when it began.
    3. Please list the total cost of the Iraq war, and who was President when it began.
    4. Please list the GDP by year since Bush II took office.
    5. Please list unemployment since Bush II took office.

    If you list those things, we can together as a forum determine which President's are to blame for the present debt and the economy in general.
    How many times do I have to post this link?

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    Copy it down and keep it for future reference.

    You want debt service by year, here you go, look up the budgets by year.

    Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

    The cost of the wars are in each yearly budget and deficit so what do any of that have to do with Obama's budgets? The Iraq War was ended by the Bush status of Forces Agreement in October 2008.

    You want GDP by year,

    http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm...step=1&isuri=1

    You want the unemployment and employment numbers by year, go here

    U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    Want me to post the charts for you? Hopefully someone here will actually do some research and learn something.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    total accumulated debt when coming into office, most filibusters in history, constant threats of government shutdown hurting the economy, 25 TEArepubs causing a downgrade in August 2011, causing borrowing rates to increase--Obama is actually protecting future Repub POTUSs from this treasonous blackmail
    Please site the Congressional record to prove your point and then tell me what economic policy Obama wanted that he didn't get? Stop spouting rhetoric and post some facts for a change. A govt. shutdown doesn't under the economy, it hurts people like you looking for a handout. You buy what you are told and never do any research to verify the rhetoric. By the way notice any inconsistencies here?

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

  7. #167
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No economist agrees with you, but since your brain is on Obamaphobia, you can't even read this line.

    Debt is a longterm problem, not a shortterm problem. The shortterm problems were a result of Bush's failed conservative policies, as most economists have been at pains to show.

    Meanwhile, your "solution" is more tax cuts for Paris Hilton and deregulation, right? Come up, stand up proudly from your freakish conservative agenda of failure.
    So what economist do you know that pays for your personal expenses?

    Debt is a long term problem that continues to grow every year and will as long as there are yearly budget deficits.

    My solution is to cut the size of govt. so people like you have to go back to work and pay taxes
    Last edited by Conservative; 09-30-13 at 05:51 PM.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what economist do you know that pays for your personal expenses?

    Debt is a long term problem that continues to grow every year and will as long as there are yearly budgets.

    My solution is to cut the size of govt. so people like you have to go back to work and pay taxes
    Hey kids, look, personal attacks and pretending that the biggest economy in the world is just like a household with a mortgage.

    And that's why nobody with any education or grasp of reality takes conservatives seriously anymore, if they were ever stupid enough to do so.

    NEXT TEAPARTY MEME!

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey kids, look, personal attacks and pretending that the biggest economy in the world is just like a household with a mortgage.

    And that's why nobody with any education or grasp of reality takes conservatives seriously anymore, if they were ever stupid enough to do so.

    NEXT TEAPARTY MEME!
    Look, Kids, another liberal easily confused by U.S. Economics and actual data.

    Tell me which Obama should we believe

    2006

    Raising America's debt ceiling is a sign of leadership failure
    2011

    Not raising the debt ceiling would be absurd and irresponsible.
    No question about it, you will never let facts get in the way of your personal opinion and love for the entitlement state.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A govt. shutdown doesn't under (sic) the economy
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •