Page 156 of 192 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #1551
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So do I have this right, GW Bush created 4.9 trillion dollars I debt over 8 years and that justifies Obama creating 6.4 trillion in five? Is that liberal logic? You keep buying what Obama and left leaning economist tell you. you do realize that left leaning economists have an agenda, don't you? How does that massive debt benefit you and your family? How would a European socialist economy benefit you and your state?
    Notice how all the so called conservatives have stopped mentioning Obama Care? Apparently government debt poll-tests higher so that's what we have to talk about. Let me guess, new marching orders from Rush?

    You shut the government down, over the ACA, and are now going to hold out on something completely different. I get it, you're grumpy that there's a D in the Whitehouse. But in the future, please avoid wrecking the country with your temper tantrums.

  2. #1552
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Notice how all the so called conservatives have stopped mentioning Obama Care? Apparently government debt poll-tests higher so that's what we have to talk about. Let me guess, new marching orders from Rush?

    You shut the government down, over the ACA, and are now going to hold out on something completely different. I get it, you're grumpy that there's a D in the Whitehouse. But in the future, please avoid wrecking the country with your temper tantrums.
    That D in the WH has generated 6.4 trillion added to the debt, has 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, stagnant economic growth, 48 million on food stamps. We had a debt ceiling debate in 2011 and some idiot claimed that the debt wouldn't go up with a debt ceiling increase. Debt in September 2011 was 14.7 trillion dollars, today it is 16.7 trillion dollars. Even in the liberal world isn't that an increase of 2 trillion dollars? Where is your outrage?

    Keep spouting the DNC talking points while blaming Republicans for the Obama failures.

  3. #1553
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That D in the WH has generated 6.4 trillion added to the debt, has 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, stagnant economic growth, 48 million on food stamps. We had a debt ceiling debate in 2011 and some idiot claimed that the debt wouldn't go up with a debt ceiling increase. Debt in September 2011 was 14.7 trillion dollars, today it is 16.7 trillion dollars. Even in the liberal world isn't that an increase of 2 trillion dollars? Where is your outrage?

    Keep spouting the DNC talking points while blaming Republicans for the Obama failures.
    What about Obama care? You know.. the entire reason why the government is shut down?

    The Senate passed a 1058 Billion dollar budget. In July, Boehner sat down with Harry Reid and said, make the budget 986 Billion and we won't attach anything to it. The Democrats said fine. Then the non-thinking, non-governing, unintelligent, thick-headed tea partiers said..um.. no. We're shutting the government down.

    But you can't even think about that. You can't talk about the shutdown because it's a political looser, and as we know.. the only thing the tea party cares about is winning politically.. country be damned.

    It's too bad the thinking part of the GOP has no spine.

  4. #1554
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    What about Obama care? You know.. the entire reason why the government is shut down?

    The Senate passed a 1058 Billion dollar budget. In July, Boehner sat down with Harry Reid and said, make the budget 986 Billion and we won't attach anything to it. The Democrats said fine. Then the non-thinking, non-governing, unintelligent, thick-headed tea partiers said..um.. no. We're shutting the government down.

    But you can't even think about that. You can't talk about the shutdown because it's a political looser, and as we know.. the only thing the tea party cares about is winning politically.. country be damned.

    It's too bad the thinking part of the GOP has no spine.
    What about it, the GOP House is doing exactly what they were sent to DC to do and that is representing the people they serve.

    The American people are losing, ACA rollout is a disaster, the websites are crashing, union and other Obama backers are getting exemptions and yet the best you can do is continue to support Obama and ACA?

    The rollout of Obamacare and signup procedure is typical of the way out govt. works and yet because it is feel good rhetoric that trumps the disastrous rollout and failures of liberalism.

  5. #1555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    What about Obama care? You know.. the entire reason why the government is shut down?

    The Senate passed a 1058 Billion dollar budget. In July, Boehner sat down with Harry Reid and said, make the budget 986 Billion and we won't attach anything to it. The Democrats said fine. Then the non-thinking, non-governing, unintelligent, thick-headed tea partiers said..um.. no. We're shutting the government down.

    But you can't even think about that. You can't talk about the shutdown because it's a political looser, and as we know.. the only thing the tea party cares about is winning politically.. country be damned.

    It's too bad the thinking part of the GOP has no spine.
    In fact, poll after poll shows that the American people don't want Obamacare. The Tea Party, and the Republicans, are only reflecting the will of the American people. What's wrong with that?

  6. #1556
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact, poll after poll shows that the American people don't want Obamacare. The Tea Party, and the Republicans, are only reflecting the will of the American people. What's wrong with that?
    There is nothing wrong with opposing ObamaCare. Just do it through the normal legislative process.

  7. #1557
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    There is nothing wrong with opposing ObamaCare. Just do it through the normal legislative process.
    Since the Republicans were shutout of the negotiations their only alternative is funding which is part of the legislative process.

  8. #1558
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since the Republicans were shutout of the negotiations their only alternative is funding which is part of the legislative process.
    The GOP lost the Whitehouse in 2008 and 2012. They also lost the Senate in 08, 10, and 12.

    If you want to overturn the ACA, try winning elections first.

  9. #1559
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since the Republicans were shutout of the negotiations their only alternative is funding which is part of the legislative process.
    Reverse the situation. What would you say if Speaker Pelosi refused to fund the government unless President Romeny and Majority Leader McConnell agreed to implement Medicare for everyone?

  10. #1560
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    The GOP lost the Whitehouse in 2008 and 2012. They also lost the Senate in 08, 10, and 12.

    If you want to overturn the ACA, try winning elections first.
    Keep trying to educate people like you but the House is the "Peoples' House" something you want to ignore. That is where the will of the people is registered and the will of the people gave that House to the Republicans in 2012-2014. Your support for Obamacare is appreciated by Obama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •