Page 150 of 192 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #1491
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Then why raise the debt ceiling?
    Because you need to pay the bills that you already racked up.

  2. #1492
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Your way out of date. There are no more demands to defund or delay Obamacare, the T's have moved on to entitlements. You have to keep up.
    That must be why they sent a budget to the Senate fully funding all those entitlements. Dude, have you been under a rock?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1493
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Because you need to pay the bills that you already racked up.
    LOL, and what bills would that be? You really bought the liberal rhetoric, didn't you. Do you understand how the budget process works?

  4. #1494
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, and what bills would that be? You really bought the liberal rhetoric, didn't you. Do you understand how the budget process works?
    I understand it much better than you, I reckon.

    What bills? Well, what about the debt payments? When you issue bonds with repayment schedules, those are bills that need to be paid, often for the next decade or more. Scheduled bills.

    What about payments to hospitals and doctors for Medicare and Medicaid? Services have been rendered, bills will be due. Not to mention the fact that you are basically contractually obligated to cover those recipients in the future, unless you change the laws.

    Social Security checks need to be issued. Monthly. Those are debt obligations. Those arent optional payments via law.

    Defense contractors need their checks. People are under contract with the government - companies, organizations, etc. They need to be paid via law and contracts.

    I could go on and on. But I bet its probably senseless, because you dont seem to have the slightest grasp on what the government does.

  5. #1495
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Because you need to pay the bills that you already racked up.
    Try increasing your debt to pay your personal bills. You won't do it for long.

    The government has gotten away with it to the point it is now a crisis.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #1496
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I understand it much better than you, I reckon.

    What bills? Well, what about the debt payments? When you issue bonds with repayment schedules, those are bills that need to be paid, often for the next decade or more. Scheduled bills.

    What about payments to hospitals and doctors for Medicare and Medicaid? Services have been rendered, bills will be due. Not to mention the fact that you are basically contractually obligated to cover those recipients in the future, unless you change the laws.

    Social Security checks need to be issued. Monthly. Those are debt obligations. Those arent optional payments via law.

    Defense contractors need their checks. People are under contract with the government - companies, organizations, etc. They need to be paid via law and contracts.

    I could go on and on. But I bet its probably senseless, because you dont seem to have the slightest grasp on what the government does.
    And as I pointed out we have 220 billion or so a month coming in for expenses such as debt service, SS payments, Medicare but no you buy what the Obama administration tells you. Where are the Obama expense cuts? Do you realize what the monthly expense payments are for those items you listed?

  7. #1497
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Slavery was once the law. Separated but equal was once law. Shall we return to slavery?
    Obamacare is not akin to slavery and Jim Crow?

  8. #1498
    Educator ethanUNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Last Seen
    03-29-15 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    984

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Try increasing your debt to pay your personal bills. You won't do it for long.

    The government has gotten away with it to the point it is now a crisis.
    Daily Kos: The Insanity Isn't the Deficit Spending; It's Claiming That the Gov's Budget Is Like A Household's

  9. #1499
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And as I pointed out we have 220 billion or so a month coming in for expenses such as debt service, SS payments, Medicare but no you buy what the Obama administration tells you. Where are the Obama expense cuts? Do you realize what the monthly expense payments are for those items you listed?

    Apparently, you dont realize it... because you keep spitting out this 220 billion figure but never describe the other side.

    Also, what happens when tax revenues nosedive when the economy tanks when we default? Generally, I like my government to be run by individuals who can think a bit longer term than what happens the next few weeks.

  10. #1500
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,325

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Democrats alive just 50 years ago would now be
    turning in their graves at the thought of a Black man in the White House. No need to go back to the Civil War and earlier.
    True that Grant.

    Al Gore's daddy included.

    I never get tired of being called a racist by a member of the party that Fillibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •