Page 144 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #1431
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    You should be happy if you can pass an eye exam..because learning or facts just are something people like you sadly stuggle with...

    let me guess... you still have a hope and change bumper sticker on the Vega

  2. #1432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I wonder.

    Is he that stupid, or are the people he is addressing that stupid?
    The latter, but i wouldn't completely write off the former. )

  3. #1433
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The part where I corrected my statement and wasn't talking about a World War period of time. Your made the mistake of ignoring intergovt. holding debt. You want the revenue from SS and Medicare on budget but the debt created from taking that money put somewhere else. Why is that?
    I'm not making any of this partisan. I certainly have views on who and what is responsible for current debt. (Record Budget Deficit | PBS NewsHour | July 15, 2003 | PBS) From 2003.

    You're trying to say that the debt ceiling shouldn't be raised because it's too high. Your evidence for that was clearly wrong. And rather than take an honest look at the debt ceiling, you insist on filtering reality through a partisan lens.

    Not raising the debt ceiling WILL be catastrophic. It will INCREASE the deficit. It will INCREASE the debt.

  4. #1434
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    You should be happy if you can pass an eye exam..because learning or facts just are something people like you sadly stuggle with...

    let me guess... you still have a hope and change bumper sticker on the Vega
    Yes.. Learning is CLEARLY something I struggle with.

    Well as they say.. Never wrestle with a pig, because you'll just get dirty and the pig likes it.

  5. #1435
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I'm not making any of this partisan. I certainly have views on who and what is responsible for current debt. (Record Budget Deficit | PBS NewsHour | July 15, 2003 | PBS) From 2003.

    You're trying to say that the debt ceiling shouldn't be raised because it's too high. Your evidence for that was clearly wrong. And rather than take an honest look at the debt ceiling, you insist on filtering reality through a partisan lens.

    Not raising the debt ceiling WILL be catastrophic. It will INCREASE the deficit. It will INCREASE the debt.
    It is partisan, it was partisan in 2006 when Obama voted against it, and it is partisan now. Apparently in 2006 it was a failure of leadership to cut spending but in 2013 it is partisan and absurd not to give the leadership what they want an increase in spending. It is also partisan when you post a Bush deficit that never even came close to the trillion dollar Obama deficits for fiscal years 2009-2012

    What you and the others who want to believe the President think is that we have to raise the debt ceiling when the reality is we have to cut spending. Obama has no interest in cutting spending. There is more than enough revenue coming in to pay our entitlement obligations including debt service on the debt. What we would have to do is agree to a budget back within our means and returning all social programs to the states where they belong.

  6. #1436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I'm not making any of this partisan. I certainly have views on who and what is responsible for current debt. (Record Budget Deficit | PBS NewsHour | July 15, 2003 | PBS) From 2003.

    You're trying to say that the debt ceiling shouldn't be raised because it's too high. Your evidence for that was clearly wrong. And rather than take an honest look at the debt ceiling, you insist on filtering reality through a partisan lens.

    Not raising the debt ceiling WILL be catastrophic. It will INCREASE the deficit. It will INCREASE the debt.
    Obama had no problem making it partisan when he called the US President "unpatriotic". Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube

  7. #1437
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Yes.. Learning is CLEARLY something I struggle with.

    Well as they say.. Never wrestle with a pig, because you'll just get dirty and the pig likes it.
    Or the pig just kicks you over and over and shows you to be an idiot.. but you go back and try again only to have your lunch eatin..

    you may want to just fold... your posts are liberal regurge lies...a 4th grader could debunk you

    by the way... since logic and deduction is not your baliwick.. I will clue you in.. CON JUST DESTROYED YOU.. now that you have that piece of fact
    Last edited by Travis007; 10-09-13 at 04:31 PM.

  8. #1438
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Obama has cut the DEFICIT in half....But please continue to educate us on the remarkable level of ignorance of the modern tea party conservative.
    Attachment 67154868

    And to counter the obvious: On Jan. 7, 2009, two weeks before Obama took office, the Congressional Budget Office reported that the deficit for fiscal year 2009 was projected to be $1.2 trillion.
    I disagree. Have you ever read and understood the constitution?

    I would argue that the republicans having control of the house is why the deficit is reduced.

    Isn't that obvious because of the current shutdown?

    How in God's name can Obama be responsible for cutting the deficit? He is only the president that signs passed bills into law. It is the House of representatives that initiate the bills he signs...

  9. #1439
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is partisan, it was partisan in 2006 when Obama voted against it, and it is partisan now. Apparently in 2006 it was a failure of leadership to cut spending but in 2013 it is partisan and absurd not to give the leadership what they want an increase in spending. It is also partisan when you post a Bush deficit that never even came close to the trillion dollar Obama deficits for fiscal years 2009-2012

    What you and the others who want to believe the President think is that we have to raise the debt ceiling when the reality is we have to cut spending. Obama has no interest in cutting spending. There is more than enough revenue coming in to pay our entitlement obligations including debt service on the debt. What we would have to do is agree to a budget back within our means and returning all social programs to the states where they belong.
    clean_votes_mcc.jpg

    Notice how the Debt Ceiling increases have always been a slim majority. Notice how just enough of the minority party will always cross over so it passes. The debt celling vote has always been a kabuki theater. The majority passes it, and the minority votes against it so they can score political points. The Democrats *could* have stopped the debt ceiling increase ever year of Bush's presidency.

    The Democrats **could** have said that they'll increase the debt ceiling if Bush ends the Iraq war. Had they done that, they would have been crucified as traitors, and justifiably so. The Full Faith and Credit of the United States isn't a concession to Obama any more than it was a concession to Bush. NO ONE has the right to give that up as a "concession".

  10. #1440
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I disagree. Have you ever read and understood the constitution?

    I would argue that the republicans having control of the house is why the deficit is reduced.

    Isn't that obvious because of the current shutdown?

    How in God's name can Obama be responsible for cutting the deficit? He is only the president that signs passed bills into law. It is the House of representatives that initiate the bills he signs...
    I don't understand what it is about Obama that generates this kind of loyalty and totally distortion of the facts. I keep wondering why liberals keep throwing up CBO projections based upon a budget that wasn't even passed and includes the total of 700 billion in TARP that was never spent and instead the part that was spent was repaid mostly. I sure wish I could find people this loyal when I was working that would buy everything I say without ever verifying it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •