Page 14 of 192 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are so right, it is conservatives that have generated the 6.4 trillion added to the debt we have today since Obama took office, 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged, stagnant economic growth, 48 million on food stamps, and transformation of America into the new Greece. You must be so proud? But you are right, Obama looks good and gives a great speech with a teleprompter.
    Wow, all these vapid memes packed into one paragraph.

    Further evidence of how deeply into denial conservatives have sunk.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,229

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Conservatives are deeply lost in denial. It's going to be fun watch them destroy themselves as they think that their freakish teaparty constituency actually represents the country and not a bizarre subculture.
    Denial is ignoring the economic results we have today, five years after Obama took office. How can anyone support the party of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama with the economic results of today? What liberals like you want to divert from are those results and simply continue to buy the rhetoric. Failure is only something promoted by liberals.

  3. #133
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,288

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    He's hypocritical because his country does something different than he is suggesting this country should do.

    Do you know if he LIKES or AGREES with his countries health care system?

    If you were on a Canadian message board and if they were talking about relaxing their gun laws and you argued against it, would you be demonstrating "such hypocrisy" simply because the country you're in has laxer gun laws?
    He doesn't know anything about me - but that never stops a liberal from attacking a person, rather than attacking their ideas.

    As for Canada's healthcare system, I've frequently said it's so imbedded in our culture now that there is no way it would be removed and I don't know any Canadian who'd want to see it removed. For basic coverage and for catastrophic care, it gives the citizens of this country a sense of comfort and ease that is lacking in the US.

    But that's not to say our system is perfect - far from it. It's incredibly expensive - in Ontario, where I live, just under 50% of all provincial revenue from all sources is used to fund the delivery of healthcare. And even with that commitment, as the population ages, more and more services are delisted and become the financial responsibility of patients. There's no drug coverage, unless you're on welfare or partially for seniors. There's no dental care, not even for seniors, just those on welfare. There's a multitude of services people in the US would assume are covered but are not. It's why most people, particularly those married with families, either purchase or get through work supplementary health insurance to cover those things not covered, and it's not that cheap either. And that's on top of the taxes we pay to fund the system originally.

    And speaking of taxes, if the US wants UHC the taxpayers better be prepared for it. And not just those now paying federal taxes. Here in Canada, our income level that is exempt from federal taxes is under $12,000 - what is it in the US? How many multiples of that?

    I'm used to liberals in the US tossing out the hypocrisy claims and telling me to shut up because I get free health care. But it's not free at all. And Obamacare doesn't go anywhere near UHC - it is legislated robbery. I don't blame the majority in the US who knew there were problems with healthcare costs before Obamacare but know damn well that Obamacare does virtually zero to correct the problems and creates a whole host of other problems, including the gelding of your great economy, leaving a bunch of businesses afraid to invest and move ahead until they know the full damage this monstrosity is going to cause them.

    If fools want to call me a hypocrite, go for it - I've been called worse by people I actually respect and who actually have something important to say.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,229

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Wow, all these vapid memes packed into one paragraph.

    Further evidence of how deeply into denial conservatives have sunk.

    I have given you the opportunity to post the credible links to show that I am wrong in the data I posted from bls.gov, bea.gov, and the U.S. Treasury but you have yet to do so so apparently you continue to believe your opinion based upon rhetoric is substantive and accurate. Looks to me like Obama and liberalism is exactly what you need to survive.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again you assume that Obamacare is UHC
    False, I have said it is NOT UHC but a step in that direction.
    or a move towards UHC.
    It certainly is. It expands Medicare (single payer) and subsidizes universal insurance.

    Neither is true.
    So just to be clear, the accusations of Obama being a socialist had nothing to do with his push of the PPACA?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #136
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,274

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Yes conservatives do own the debt since Obama came in. You bet your a__ they do. Do you know how much total interest there has been on the last 5 Obama budgets? 2.5 trillion! How about all of the war debt from Bush? How about all of the tax give-aways Repubs extorted in 2010?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are so right, it is conservatives that have generated the 6.4 trillion added to the debt we have today since Obama took office, 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged, stagnant economic growth, 48 million on food stamps, and transformation of America into the new Greece. You must be so proud? But you are right, Obama looks good and gives a great speech with a teleprompter.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't know any Canadian who'd want to see it removed.
    I guess you count yourself among them.

    Thanks for proving my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,229

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Yes conservatives do own the debt since Obama came in. You bet your a__ they do. Do you know how much interest there has been on the last 5 budgets through Bush-43? How about all of the war debt from Bush? How about all of the tax give-aways Repubs extorted in 2010?
    Of course I know as I have posted the budget items which you ignore to continue to spout rhetoric. I am waiting for the sites you find credible but as of yet I haven't seen any, just more rhetoric. You don't seem to understand that budgets are yearly, deficits are yearly, and the debt service on the debt is yearly. Democrats controlled Congress from January 2007 to January 2011 so tell me how the GOP did anything in 2010?

  9. #139
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,288

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I guess you count yourself among them.

    Thanks for proving my point.
    Did you have to work at becoming an imbecile, or did it come naturally?

    You pick out part of a sentence, buried in a lengthy explanation, and you feel that proves your point. Your willing ignorance is breathtaking.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Most would blame Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Denial is ignoring the economic results we have today, five years after Obama took office. How can anyone support the party of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama with the economic results of today? What liberals like you want to divert from are those results and simply continue to buy the rhetoric. Failure is only something promoted by liberals.
    Hey, kids, even more silly rightwing memes. The Bush Meltdown was Obama's fault.

    Conservatives don't really think anymore -- it's just memes orbiting their minds in a neverending bout of Obamaphobia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •