AVERAGE NUMBER OF JOBS CREATED PER MONTH BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION: 20,000
AVERAGE NUMBER OF JOBS CREATED PER MONTH BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION EXCLUDING THE DISASTROUS LAST YEAR: 65,000
NUMBER OF MONTHS IN THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION IN WHICH THERE WERE 500,000 OR MORE JOBS CREATED: 0.
(In fact, there were no months in the Bush Administration in which there were 400,000 jobs created).
Source: The BLS
Read more: Number Of Jobs Created Per Month By George Bush - Business Insider
AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.
The media is so grotesquely untruthful that democracy is becoming a joke.
1. The Republicans offer to finance all of government except Obamacare, exercising Congress' right over budget matters.
2. The Democrats declare they will retaliate by entirely shut down the government if Republicans will not fund Obamacare.
3. Republicans vote to fund all of government but Obamacare.
4. Democrats shut down all of the federal government.
5. The media en mass falsely declares Republicans shut down the federal government.
With that level of absolute false reporting as Democrat partisan hacks and free PR advertising agencies, democracy has become an absurdity.