Page 118 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #1171
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    IMO the defunding rider never should have never been attached to the CR in the first place. So this crisis if that is what some people are calling it, the GOP is responsible for it. The wise thing to do on the CR was to pass it with lower funding which the Dems agreed to and move on to the debt ceiling debate and let the 2014 elections decide the fate of the ACA after it had been in effect for about a year. But there is no going back now that the House Republicans have started down this road.

    I agree with Nimby idea, have the Dems throw the Republicans a bone in the form of the Keystone Pipeline and the medical device tax and get down to negotiating the debt ceiling. Something along those lines. This defunding battle was one of the most stupid poltical gambit I have ever seen. But what is surprising to me is at this point in time, the shutdown seems to be hurting both parties about evenly. I never expected that. I think what is coming across is that the American People expect the two parties to negotiate regardless of who is at fault. That is my opinion. But all of this is dynamic and could change tomorrow.
    I disagree. The debt ceiling should be raised as it is a consequence of past policy. The fight needs to take place on the spending/revenue side of the equation...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #1172
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I thought the very same thing but figured, oh what the hell, this joker is either a troll or beyond help so why bother to respond.
    Ah, good evening bubba...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #1173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,259

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Hey Paul.
    Wie gehts?

  4. #1174
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Hey Paul.
    Wie gehts?
    Just trying to find some intelligent, interesting discussions but having little luck...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #1175
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,548

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The govt. running low on cash needs to stop spending. Do you understand how much cash goes into the govt. each and every day? The debt service is 250 billion dollars or 12 billion a month. We take in about 2.7 trillion dollars a year which is over 200 billion a month so please tell me where the shortfall is in paying debt service on the debt?
    Read the article cited in my post to which you responded. You need to.

    A lot of those debt obligations go to folks like you, entitlement payments for SS and Medicare. Add to that pay to military and other federal employees, base operations, ongoing defense projects and other bills due for daily operations. You'll see how fast the money adds up, if you bother reading.

  6. #1176
    Student Old English's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    03-10-14 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    276

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Seriously, how much longer do you think the government will be shutdown for?
    sad

  7. #1177
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Old English View Post
    Seriously, how much longer do you think the government will be shutdown for?
    Until all sides come to the table. I think the debt limit will be raised with no conditions...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #1178
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,925
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I disagree. The debt ceiling should be raised as it is a consequence of past policy. The fight needs to take place on the spending/revenue side of the equation...
    That would be fine AP if the fight was about spending and revenue. But it is all about the defunding rider. I don't have the figure in front of me, but I understand the Democrats agreed to lower the spending in CR from what the Democrats wanted, 1.2 trillion down to the Republican top line of 986 billion. Now that is quite a victory in itself. Of course that was on a riderless CR.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #1179
    Student Old English's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    03-10-14 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    276

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Until all sides come to the table. I think the debt limit will be raised with no conditions...
    Can you put a time frame on that? And do you think that the longer this goes on the harder republicans will take a hit in the polls? Do you think they even care about the polls anymore?

    P.S. I am not a troll
    sad

  10. #1180
    Student Old English's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    03-10-14 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    276

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

    In short how serious do you think the republicans are on fighting over this? How long, specifically, do you think they will keep this up? Because, well, Barack Obama, or senate democrats are definitely not budging...
    sad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •