Page 100 of 192 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1913

Thread: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176:468]

  1. #991
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    The only job growth during the Bush years was in government jobs. The private sector lost jobs during the Bush Administration.
    So I am told, looks like the only jobs Obama is creating are part time jobs. You really need to get over your BDS, Bush has been out of office for almost 5 years now and it is amazing that so many people keep trying to compare Obama results to someone they really despise and get frustrated when the Bush numbers are better.

  2. #992
    Student Old English's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    03-10-14 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    276

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    The real reason republicans will be blamed for the shutdown is because they are responsible for it: The only reason the government is shut down is because republicans refused to fund programs that we all need unless the Affordable Care Act is de-funded! Look, when representatives fail to represent their constituents is when democracy has failed, and regardless of how the right wants to spin it, by saying that their constituents, who voted them in, disapprove of Obamacare, the point still remains that by shutting down the government they are letting down their constituents: how can we be represented if the government is shut down? And if their constituents really disapprove of Obamacare, then the right way to go about it would be waiting a year to see if it works, and then revisiting this issue with evidence and proof; however, they have it backwards: they simply want to delay it for a year now! And why? Because they know it will work; in fact, it is already working! Thanks to the Affordable care, since kids can remain on their parents health plan until 26, a family can now afford to send not just one kid to college but all of them. Wake up folks, this is what real change looks like, and now that it's here we are not going to waste time arguing, we are going to move forward now!

    So let me just finish by sending a message to the right: There is nothing more unpatriotic and unamerican than standing against the president, remember that!
    sad

  3. #993
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,584

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So when you say I blame both recessions on Democrats what were you referring to?

    Obama unfortunately has 3 more years and I guarantee if Bush had the economic numbers we have today four years after the end of a recession you would be singing a different tune. You seem to have a problem comparing numbers 4 years after the end of any recession. When the 2001 recession began there were 137. 2 million working Americans and four years after the end of the recession there were 142.5 million working Americans. When the 2007 recession began there were 146.3 million working Americans, four years after the end of the recession there were 144.0 million Americans working or a net loss of 2. 3 million vs. a 4.3 million gain. You call the Obama performance a success or even acceptable?

    Information can be found at BLS.gov
    You've blamed the recession of 2001 on Clinton and the one of 2007 on Pelosi. And, now you argue that the slow recovery is on Obama.

    Not once do you consider that maybe the slow recovery is due to the GOP playing obstructionists instead of making nice and playing the inside game so something gets down. Not once. And, why is that?

  4. #994
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Bush jr. had a net LOSS of jobs in his administration. Less people were working when he left than when he started. It was Clinton who created more jobs than Reagan and the 2 Bushes combined.
    Is that right? better tell that to BLS. Bush took office with 137.7 million working Americans and left in January 2009 with over 142 million working Americans, guess that is a job loss to the mathematically inept. Doesn't appear that the actual math agrees with you.

    Not sure where you get your numbers but I can beat you to death all day with the actual data but you will just ignore it. What is it about liberalism that creates people who have no problem being made a fool of by the liberal elite?

  5. #995
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A job is a job and when you have a growing economy you are going to get new public service jobs, something you don't seem to understand. I posted the employment numbers that for some reason go right over a liberal's head. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?
    If a job is a job then you should not be against Obama INCREASING federal employment...to the extent W did....or be against federal support to maintain state/local govt employment.

    If you are in favor of private sector employment increases, then you should not be proud to state that you would not hire the long term unemployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #996
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,584

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Old English View Post
    The real reason republicans will be blamed for the shutdown is because they are responsible for it: The only reason the government is shut down is because republicans refused to fund programs that we all need unless the Affordable Care Act is de-funded! Look, when representatives fail to represent their constituents is when democracy has failed, and regardless of how the right wants to spin it, by saying that their constituents, who voted them in, disapprove of Obamacare, the point still remains that by shutting down the government they are letting down their constituents: how can we be represented if the government is shut down? And if their constituents really disapprove of Obamacare, then the right way to go about it would be waiting a year to see if it works, and then revisiting this issue with evidence and proof; however, they have it backwards: they simply want to delay it for a year now! And why? Because they know it will work; in fact, it is already working! Thanks to the Affordable care, since kids can remain on their parents health plan until 26, a family can now afford to send not just one kid to college but all of them. Wake up folks, this is what real change looks like, and now that it's here we are not going to waste time arguing, we are going to move forward now!

    So let me just finish by sending a message to the right: There is nothing more unpatriotic and unamerican than standing against the president, remember that!
    The bottom line is that the minute the "Communist from Kenya" was elected, the GOP strategy has been to play to their racist base and obstruct everything he tried to do, blaming all failure on the "nigger". It's pretty disgusting. But, it's exactly what they have been doing for 5 years.

    Sadder still is the stupid people who buy into it. The GOP would not be playing that card if it didn't work with their base.

  7. #997
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You've blamed the recession of 2001 on Clinton and the one of 2007 on Pelosi. And, now you argue that the slow recovery is on Obama.

    Not once do you consider that maybe the slow recovery is due to the GOP playing obstructionists instead of making nice and playing the inside game so something gets down. Not once. And, why is that?
    The one in 2001 was Clinton and the one in 2007 was Bush, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Do you always blame someone else for your own failures? Leadership is about taking the hand you are dealt and playing it. Obama takes the cards he is dealt and blames someone else for the draw he takes from the deck. Nothing I can ever post is going to change your mind or the mind of an Obamabot. Too bad, because failure is all you people are going to see.

  8. #998
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    With leadership comes responsibility, the fiscal year of the United States runs from October to September. Democrats took control of the Congress in January 2007 and the recession began in fiscal year 2008 beginning December 2007. Democrats had a year and a budget to stop the oncoming recession but were more interested in regaining the WH than doing what was right for the American people
    So they respected GW's wishes and pretty much gave him everything he asked for. Are you saying that they should have fought the President like the T's are doing now? The Dems are not so self-destructive I'm afraid. As you are so quick to point out that President has a lot of power. He can veto anything he wishes. How many bills did GW veto after the Dems gained control? Two?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 10-07-13 at 05:03 PM.

  9. #999
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The bottom line is that the minute the "Communist from Kenya" was elected, the GOP strategy has been to play to their racist base and obstruct everything he tried to do, blaming all failure on the "nigger". It's pretty disgusting. But, it's exactly what they have been doing for 5 years.
    Tell me what economic policy Obama wanted that he didn't get? What is disgusting is you cheering the death of Reagan and calling for the death o GHW Bush and GW Bush

  10. #1000
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame [W:176]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So they respected GW's wishes and pretty much gave him everything he asked for. Are you saying that they should have fought the President like the T's are doing now?
    Do you just make stuff up as you go along? Name for me the economic policies Obama wanted that he didn't get?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •