Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

  1. #21
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Read your article:



    EEOC and Fair Housing already do that. Employment has nothing to do with gay marriage. Buying a house has nothing to do with gay marriage.

    This is the same as a union stating that they are integral to ensuring workplace safety, as if OSHA doesn't exist. Or the same as Arizona passing illegal immigration laws....that are are already federal laws.
    thank you for proving my point, see where it says PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS, that means businesses which EEOC/OFH does not do.
    Just like the ordinances and recent laws and state constitutional amendments that were used in the news about service. (photography/bakery, bunch of cities in texas etc)
    Again i am sorry but its your mistake.

    If you want to say PART of this is a Double band-aid then yes i agree but part of it is very important.
    also who said this is directly tied to employment and housing which most certainly is important to gay marriage but its tied to equal rights for gays.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #22
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)weird you like to make things up?
    who said it was a discriminatory, backwards arsed bigoted town, thats right nobody, you own yourself once again.
    Makes it easier when your post destroys itself and i dont even have to do it
    But... But, didn't you say the following in your OP?

    Another small victory drawing support to a town and even generating some money with that support. Soon in the not so distant future these little victories and stories aren't even going to be stories anymore, they are going to be common place. America is slowly riding itself of one more of its discriminations, equality is on the winning path Its awesome.
    So, if equality is on the winning path, and we are shedding ourselves of discriminations, then it is logical that you seem to think that we are not there yet, and that this town wasn't there until it adopted this paradigm? this is what you do ALL THE TIME, you say **** and then claim you didn't say it word for word, but prey tell what exactly did you mean by the above statement that equality is winning, and discriminations are being done away with if not in the context of this story? YOU POSTED the OP, if you weren't specifically talking about the OP and that this town has grown up, well what the hell did it grow up from? You can't hide sparky, YOU SAID IT not me or anyone else, so please explain what you meant in full context as it applied to your little warm and fuzzy story> Please try and explain how it meant something other than what the syntax suggests it meant?


    2.) wasn't MY narrative it was the one you made up in your head, please continue to make more lies up and fail though, its always entertaining watching you struggle against facts and reality.

    Oh, no, it most certainly is your narrative that America is a discriminatory and bigoted land of gay haters, and that slowly but surely all us knuckle dragging homophobes will be in the minority. if it isn't your narrative then what is, sunshine?

    You own yourself every time you open your mouth, and no amount of "prove I said it", or, "you are factually incorrect" is going to save you from yourself. Even your gay loving outspoken followers can't save you from yourself. Any thinking individual sees right through your charade. Words have meaning and the meaning is derived from context. Just because you don't say exactly word for word what your language meant, it does not detract from your meaning or how any reasonable English speaking person would interpret your words to mean. this is your little childish game, you claim you did not say something, but what you meant was exactly what you said. I think you enjoy forcing people to point it out to you, and I don't mind because you're a pretend intellectual who can't debate honestly himself out of a wet paper bag. You've been exposed countless time by other posters yet you still do what you do as plug your ears, and close your eyes and yell at the top of the mountain that you are so glorious in your intellectual destruction of your opponents. I surmised a while ago that you posses very clear narcissistic tendencies, coupled with a unhealthy ego, and now we can top it with a massive delusion of grandeur. I'm not even a psychologist but I did stay at a holiday inn last night, but you're textbook bro.. My 4 year old could diagnose you as having those issues.

    Anyway, here we are again in a gay thread started by you for some unknown reason, and you're still you. I suspect I'll get a numbered reply showing how factually incorrect I am, or a challenge to prove what it is I'm saying, like we're in some twilight zone episode where I'm the victim of some dastardly plot to destroy brain cells with every key typed..

    have fun Sparky.. You are clearly enjoying yourself.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #23
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1.)But... But, didn't you say the following in your OP?

    2.)So, if equality is on the winning path, and we are shedding ourselves of discrimination, then it is logical that you seem to think that we are not there yet, and that this town wasn't there until it adopted this paradigm? this is what you do ALL THE TIME, you say **** and then claim you didn't say it word for word, but prey tell what exactly did you mean by the above statement that equality is winning, and discriminations are being done away with if not in the context of this story? YOU POSTED the OP, if you weren't specifically talking about the OP and that this town has grown up, well what the hell did it grow up from? You can't hide sparky, YOU SAID IT not me or anyone else, so please explain what you meant in full context as it applied to your little warm and fuzzy story> Please try and explain how it meant something other than what the syntax suggests it meant?

    3.)Oh, no, it most certainly is your narrative that America is a discriminatory and bigoted land of gay haters, and that slowly but surely all us knuckle dragging homophobes will be in the minority. if it isn't your narrative then what is, sunshine?

    4.)You own yourself every time you open your mouth, and no amount of "prove I said it", or, "you are factually incorrect" is going to save you from yourself. Even your gay loving outspoken followers can't save you from yourself. Any thinking individual sees right through your charade. Words have meaning and the meaning is derived from context. Just because you don't say exactly word for word what your language meant, it does not detract from your meaning or how any reasonable English speaking person would interpret your words to mean. this is your little childish game, you claim you did not say something, but what you meant was exactly what you said. I think you enjoy forcing people to point it out to you, and I don't mind because you're a pretend intellectual who can't debate honestly himself out of a wet paper bag. You've been exposed countless time by other posters yet you still do what you do as plug your ears, and close your eyes and yell at the top of the mountain that you are so glorious in your intellectual destruction of your opponents. I surmised a while ago that you posses very clear narcissistic tendencies, coupled with a unhealthy ego, and now we can top it with a massive delusion of grandeur. I'm not even a psychologist but I did stay at a holiday inn last night, but you're textbook bro.. My 4 year old could diagnose you as having those issues.

    5.)Anyway, here we are again in a gay thread started by you for some unknown reason, and you're still you.
    6.) I suspect I'll get a numbered reply showing how factually incorrect I am, or a challenge to prove what it is I'm saying, like we're in some twilight zone episode where I'm the victim of some dastardly plot to destroy brain cells with every key typed..

    have fun Sparky.. You are clearly enjoying yourself.


    Tim-
    1.) lol but is right, yes THAT is exactly what i said, again where does it say anything about the town? WHere does it even HINT of the nonsensical fantasy you posted.
    WOw again like i said you like to make up stuff in your head and once again your failed post gets destroyed by facts. Are you telling me that blacks who were not slaves or people who were not slaves could comment when slavery ended IF they weren't going directly going through it? that would be a very stupid and illogical thought process. You just owned yourself again

    thanks for quoting me and proving you factually wrong. Sorry tim, you lose . . AGAIN and you were caught making up stuff......... again.

    2.)nope thats not logical, see #1 Cute made up story that people that acknowledge facts laugh at but not logical at all. THe desperation you make up in your head gets destroyed and fails again. Your assumptions, fantasies and lies always get you in trouble.

    3.) wow look more baseless made up hyperbole. Its funny you think lies and fantasy works. Facts prove you wrong again, thats factually not my narrative at all. But please feel free to make up more nonsensical rants, its hilarious and i love them. Another complete fail.

    4.) this is my favorite! I love when you have these melt downs! look how emotional you are over your post failing and being proved wrong. Look at all the failed insults you post and cant even try to back up. Look how much deflection and ranting and projection is in your posts instead of just simply trying to stick to facts, stay on topic and debate the actual issues. You cant even do it. Very funny.Get mad, get real mad so I can continue to laugh at you.

    let Me know when yo have any facts, logic or intelligence to add to this topic.

    again as i always offer to you even thought you fail every time or run away, PLEASE point out this cases you speak of and use facts to prove it, ive been waiting forever and you never do. You only end up exposed and your posts destroyed. Any time Tim, you let me know, currently you got nothing but checks in the loss column.

    5.) Not unknown its been explained to you, you just choose to ignore facts as usual
    6.) and yes you are correct i am challenging you to back up your lies, this is how facts and debate and discussion works. You are catching on. You make a claim you have to prove it, not my fault you cant. Youl are incapable but catching on. And more failed insults exposing your anger and how desperate you are. Please keep attacking me and failing since you cant deal with the facts. EIther way its a lose-lose for you and entertainment for me.

    7.) i certainly am, and i do every time your posts get destroyed and you fly off the handle in an off topic, uncivil meltdown of defeat. Hopefully you didnt break your keyboard punching it and the entertainment will continue.

    Let me know when you want to discuss the topic and talk about facts and reality, ill be waiting.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-25-13 at 04:16 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #24
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    1.) lol but is right, yes THAT is exactly what i said, again where does it say anything about the town?
    This is all I need.. The rest is just your usual MO. If you weren't talking about the town making an ordinance that is now offering equality to SS people, MEANING until that point it did not, then what in the hell were you talking about? LOL Like I said, you're an intellectual lightweight, you can't even tell when you're owning yourself. You can't escape this one sparky.. It's all right there in your own words.. YOU LOSE, deal with it and adapt..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #25
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    This is all I need.. The rest is just your usual MO. If you weren't talking about the town making an ordinance that is now offering equality to SS people, MEANING until that point it did not, then what in the hell were you talking about? LOL Like I said, you're an intellectual lightweight, you can't even tell when you're owning yourself. You can't escape this one sparky.. It's all right there in your own words.. YOU LOSE, deal with it and adapt..


    Tim-
    translation, your post got owned again and proved wrong, let me know when you can prove the fantasy you made up in your head. You got nothing Tim you have all
    Please keep trying, please keep showing your desperation, with each post you are more and more wrong and its hilarious.

    ALso please keep quoting me it factually proves you wrong and nobody honest will believe the mentally retarded assumption you came up with, nobody. Nice try at a bake pedal to. You claimed that i said a "discriminatory, backwards arsed bigoted town". Please dont stop posting your LIE, please! Your dishonesty is so entertaining, i love it.

    your post fails and is destroyed again by facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Moderator's Warning:
    "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]Attacks will stop now. Address the topic, not other posters.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Opposition to "the gay lifestyle" is nowhere near a "vast majority." Your side lost all four ballot measures in the 2012 election.

    Me, I'd suggest that "majority decides the rights of the minority" is not a belief that most Americans actually hold.
    37 states have banned SSM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #28
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    These are no longer surprising stories. The size of the town makes this fairly trivial. The news story actually is about the publicity boast by Stephen Colbert. Without him there would be no national media coverage and I would not expect the tourist novelty to remain for long.

  9. #29
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    37 states have banned SSM.
    weird that changes NOTHING that was said in the quote you were referring to.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #30
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: "Dead town" in Ky. sees revival after passing gay rights ordinance[W:26]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    These are no longer surprising stories. The size of the town makes this fairly trivial. The news story actually is about the publicity boast by Stephen Colbert. Without him there would be no national media coverage and I would not expect the tourist novelty to remain for long.
    while i agree with you about the size of the town but ordinances in towns and cities and state laws and constitutions adding these things will continue to be new until SCOTUS rules on equal rights for gays or ENDA passes in the houses.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •