Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 700

Thread: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

  1. #651
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    10-09-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    290

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Perhaps his plan is to stay in the news for as long as possible so he can later run for president.
    Of course this is an impossibility because not only did his father fight on the site of Fidel Castro,
    he's not even a United States citizen ---- just like Mr. Obama.

  2. #652
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleray View Post
    Perhaps his plan is to stay in the news for as long as possible so he can later run for president.
    Of course this is an impossibility because not only did his father fight on the site of Fidel Castro,
    he's not even a United States citizen ---- just like Mr. Obama.
    So, he was actually born in Hawaii too?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #653
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    10-09-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    290

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, he was actually born in Hawaii too?
    Nah---Calgary. Probably grew up listening to Ann Murray and Gordon Lightfoot.
    That alone should disqualify someone for the WH.

  4. #654
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,250

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    He did? He's not on the government provided health care plan that the rest of Congress has? Are you sure?
    Apparently his wife is a top executive with Goldman Sachs and is covered under his wife's plan. He probably has similar if not better coverage. Plus he has the back up eligibility with the top of the line insurance that he gets from Congress.

    Did I say insurance from his wife that is a top executive at Goldman Sachs? Yup.

    Nice to have top insurance with a top backup plan.

  5. #655
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Apparently his wife is a top executive with Goldman Sachs and is covered under his wife's plan. He probably has similar if not better coverage. Plus he has the back up eligibility with the top of the line insurance that he gets from Congress.

    Did I say insurance from his wife that is a top executive at Goldman Sachs? Yup.

    Nice to have top insurance with a top backup plan.
    Yes, that must be nice.

    No wonder he doesn't think we need health care reform.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #656
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, that must be nice.

    No wonder he doesn't think we need health care reform.
    I don't think a govt. that has generated a 17 trillion dollar debt should be trying to reform anything until they get the federal debt under control. Why would anyone believe bureaucrats that created that debt are going to implement any program that would reduce that debt?

  7. #657
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't think a govt. that has generated a 17 trillion dollar debt should be trying to reform anything until they get the federal debt under control. Why would anyone believe bureaucrats that created that debt are going to implement any program that would reduce that debt?
    You do have a point there, but consider this: A large part of that enormous debt is a direct result of having the most expensive health care system in the world.

    So, the next order of business needs to be further reform, this time with the goal of decreasing costs.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #658
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,069

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    He did? He's not on the government provided health care plan that the rest of Congress has? Are you sure?
    That's what he said during his filibuster.

  9. #659
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,069

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, that must be nice.

    No wonder he doesn't think we need health care reform.
    Why hold against him what most all of these congresspeople have?

    The bottom line is this....they think we should have it, but they want to be exempt from it. Period.

  10. #660
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Why hold against him what most all of these congresspeople have?

    The bottom line is this....they think we should have it, but they want to be exempt from it. Period.
    I think something like this would have been an issue that crossed party lines. Congress forcing a heathcare system on us and then exempting themselves. Apparently, the left is much deeper in the big government tank than I though if they are willing to bend over for this without a complaint.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •