Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 700

Thread: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

  1. #601
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How does an ACO relate to a govt. funded federal entitlement program? Why is ACA good for us all, that is the question that no liberal can answer. How will ACA help you and your family? I lost my doctor due to Medicare which I am forced to take, millions are going to lose their healthcare under Obamacare but for some reason that is too difficult for you to comprehend. It isn't the Federal Government's role to create this program, why do you really think they did it? Your states uninsured costs are bourn by your state not the federal taxpayers so I know God gave you a brain, think for a change. What benefit is there to the Federal Govt. with Obamacare?
    How about the taxes that would be payed into the treasury by the 45,000+ that die every year because of inadequate/lack of heath-care?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #602
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    How about the taxes that would be payed into the treasury by the 45,000+ that die every year because of inadequate/lack of heath-care?
    Or how about the thousands that die each year because of automobiles or those that die because they are beaten up by their spouse. Any other straw man you want to build?

  3. #603
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Or how about the thousands that die each year because of automobiles or those that die because they are beaten up by their spouse. Any other straw man you want to build?


    Hardly a strawman when I answer a question

    ” What benefit is there to the Federal Govt. with Obamacare? “
    that you ask is it?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #604
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Hardly a strawman when I answer a question



    that you ask is it?
    You are saying that Obamacare would have saved 45,000 taxpayers yet have no idea how many Obamacare would have killed with the death panels or because of long waits like every other country with total access. Again skewing the numbers is what you do well.

  5. #605
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are saying that Obamacare would have saved 45,000 taxpayers yet have no idea how many Obamacare would have killed with the death panels or because of long waits like every other country with total access. Again skewing the numbers is what you do well.
    Speeken of strawmen...
    death panels or because of long waits
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #606
    Student Darrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    262
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    I feel bad that this idiot is from my state how he got elected is beyond me. I appologies for the state of Texas maybe they should be kicked out of America. First Gov Perry running for President and now this teabag loooney!
    Gosh,I agree.
    "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."-Richard Jeni

  7. #607
    Student Darrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    262
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A number of issues starting with the exemptions. Why were they given and why won't Obama negotiate with the House on more? Guess it is ok to negotiate with supporters and contributors but not Representatives in the Peoples' House. Congress should have their healthcare plan scrapped and all put on Obamacare with no exceptions or exemptions.
    Hahah, I couldn't help but look at your name and "Peoples' House." That sounds very communistic for a conservative.
    Last edited by Darrell; 10-02-13 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."-Richard Jeni

  8. #608
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How does an ACO relate to a govt. funded federal entitlement program? Why is ACA good for us all, that is the question that no liberal can answer.
    Since you don't even know what an ACO is, and don't know how it's related to the ACA, you clearly have no frigging clue about the entire ACA law.

    You apparently can't be bothered to learn, either. So the reason you don't get an answer to why the ACA is good is something you either can't- or refuse- to comprehend.

    Generally, an honorable man would hang his head in shame and walk away at this point. We'll see what you do...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #609
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Or how about the thousands that die each year because of automobiles
    seat belt laws and various other vsafety laws

    those that die because they are beaten up by their spouse.
    Spousal abuse laws

    Any other straw man you want to build?
    Whoa pot kettle

  10. #610
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Generally, an honorable man would hang his head in shame and walk away at this point. We'll see what you do...
    You should know what he'll do by now

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •