Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 700

Thread: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Yea let's fund Obamacare!

    Oh wait it's an absolute disaster

    Cruz represents Liberty. His opposition represents Tyranny.

  2. #32
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You keep posting problems that the State of California has helped create. The sequester didn't create these problems. No sequester wouldn't solve these problems. California needs to change politics at the state level to get a grip on these problems instead of compounding them.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  3. #33
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes. We have a process in which each department head can request specific funds for specific purposes, and have Congress review those requests. It's called making a budget. Sequestration happened because Congress was unable to do this.



    No. The FAA had been warning Congress about this since the sequester was first proposed. Before it even passed, they knew this was coming. It was "resolved quickly" the second Congress became personally inconvenienced by the flight delays. The rest of us in the aviation industry were already suffering the consequences, and still are.




    Because Congress is so ****ing cooperative these days, right?
    Can you name an instance where a department was denied flexibility to shift funds?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #34
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,630
    Cruz is auditioning for his future job as the Republican Presidential nominee. He figures there are enough stupid people in his party to not understand how stupid and pointless this fake 'filibuster' is because they don't understand that he has no power to stop a vote.

    If he actually gets the nomination, it will be a clear signal that the GOP is a permanent rump party. That's what's pissing off all the establishment guys.

    http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...ise_money.html
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,295

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    I have to say ... I just don't see what big damage Cruz and his buds are doing to his Party.

    It won't work? ... big deal ... he called lots more attention to Ocare ... the Government won't shut down ... there's still going to be a vote on Ocare for the record ... and on top of that, it's curious that the Democrats sure are trying hard to stop something they say will hurt Cruz's Party.

  6. #36
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Head Start doesn't do any good anyway.

    Is Head Start Working for American Students? | Brookings Institution

    www.brookings.edu/blogs/up-front/posts/.../21-head-start-whitehurst‎
    Jan 21, 2010 - There have long been questions about the effectiveness of Head Start. Supporters of the program traditionally point to decades-old research ...



    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I have to say ... I just don't see what big damage Cruz and his buds are doing to his Party.

    It won't work? ... big deal ... he called lots more attention to Ocare ... the Government won't shut down ... there's still going to be a vote on Ocare for the record ... and on top of that, it's curious that the Democrats sure are trying hard to stop something they say will hurt Cruz's Party.
    I know right?

    If it's so damaging to Cruz and the Republicans then let them defund it. Let Obama and Reid choose to shut the Government down, expect the Government doesn't actually shut down. That premise is a laughable scare tactic just like the phony sequester nonsense.

  8. #38
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes. We have a process in which each department head can request specific funds for specific purposes, and have Congress review those requests. It's called making a budget. Sequestration happened because Congress was unable to do this.



    No. The FAA had been warning Congress about this since the sequester was first proposed. Before it even passed, they knew this was coming. It was "resolved quickly" the second Congress became personally inconvenienced by the flight delays. The rest of us in the aviation industry were already suffering the consequences, and still are.




    Because Congress is so ****ing cooperative these days, right?
    Sequestration was Obamas solution. A poor decision many would say.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #39
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yea let's fund Obamacare!

    Oh wait it's an absolute disaster

    Cruz represents Liberty. His opposition represents Tyranny.
    Cruz represents the south end of a northbound horse.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #40
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Cruz is auditioning for his future job as the Republican Presidential nominee. He figures there are enough stupid people in his party to not understand how stupid and pointless this fake 'filibuster' is because they don't understand that he has no power to stop a vote.

    If he actually gets the nomination, it will be a clear signal that the GOP is a permanent rump party. That's what's pissing off all the establishment guys.

    Ted Cruz filibuster: Like with Rand Paul's stand, Republicans raise money off it.
    Reid could just follow the rules of the Senate.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •