Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 700

Thread: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

  1. #311
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,843

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Seriously?

    I claimed that Cruz was the wrong messenger, but the message was right - of course those in congress who support the message will support what Cruz is doing - I'm talking about the American people - Cruz is a terrible messenger no matter how many times you claim otherwise.

    If you think Gingrich and/or Santorum would have had a greater chance of beating Obama, you're nuts. Romney actually did increase the Republican votes in some key states, however, not enough to win them. It's my view that in many cases it was the terrible Senate choices that caused a lower turn out than would have occurred had the Republican Senate candidates been reasonable alternatives.

    Finally, you claim the Republicans only lost two seats and that's not "multiple". Forgetting the obvious error in math principles that suggests, my point you conveniently ignored was that there were multiple Democrat incumbents who were incredibly vulnerable and the Republicans blew it again, as they did in 2010, by nominating idiots with no chance of winning. Those senate races where Tea Party nuts were running are a microcosm of what would happen nationally if a Tea Party nut like Cruz led the national ticket. The fact you don't see that is a prime example of why Republicans can't seem to win now.
    Let's see if I have this right, you say you respect the Tea Party members of Congress yet call them Tea Party nuts.

    The purpose for bringing up Gingrich and Santorum in the primaries was to point out the dirty dealings of the Republican elites against Conservatives/Libertarians in general within the party. The same type of elites among Republican senators that have been demonizing Cruz and others. You've shown us which side of the bread you have buttered and are in full alignment with the elites. After all, you think Jeb Bush (because he has gravitas) will be the next president and the Republican elites would salivate over such a prospect.

    The two seats lost in the Senate, during the 2012 election may mean multiple but that isn't what you were originally getting at when you stated multiple for you included examples of certain races that Republicans lost that you felt they should have won making it greater than just two, an exaggeration on your part. And you also failed to credit the gains in the Senate in 2010 by the Tea Party and their efforts that regained the House. It's amazing what they have been able to accomplish not just fighting their opposition but also those within their own party.

  2. #312
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    “I do not like this Cruz twit

    I do not like him just one bit

    I do not like HIS 50’s views

    About a woman’s right to choose

    I do not like that he thinks strange

    Science facts on climate change

    I do not like the way he speaks

    And fumbles talking on his feets

    I do not like his lies and tea bag tricks

    I do not like his head of bricks”
    ~ Andy Pennell
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #313
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Yes and it also tells us all we need to know about your statement when you can use John Mcain as your example of a politician that got it right. What a joke

    Ted Cruz has more guts than any of these loser Rhinos
    It doesn't take guts to compare your opponents to Adolf Hitler. It takes a complete sociopath. Damn, I remember when the extremist Liberals were comparing Bush to Hitler. I remember the outcry from the extremist Conservatives when they were doing it too. But, I guess it's OK to bring up ole' Adolf, and use him against your political opponents, as long as it is your extremist that's doing it. Such hypocrisy!! It's a shame.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #314
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It doesn't take guts to compare your opponents to Adolf Hitler. It takes a complete sociopath. Damn, I remember when the extremist Liberals were comparing Bush to Hitler. I remember the outcry from the extremist Conservatives when they were doing it too. But, I guess it's OK to bring up ole' Adolf, and use him against your political opponents, as long as it is your extremist that's doing it.
    And just think this extremist is not just some talking bobble head on a message board or TV. He is in Congress.

  5. #315
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    A little truth from John McCain in this clip. He hits the nail on the head. Obamacare is like Hitler, and those who don't stand up to Obamacare are no different than those who appeased Nazis? I don't see Obamacare murdering 6 million Jews. I don't see Obamacare bombing Britain and killing civilians. I don't see Obamacare having people shot because they oppose it. Frankly, Cruz is bat-crap insane to have made a statement like that, and I am glad it was another Republican who ripped his ass apart for it.

    And the senile war hero who gave us the lunacy which is McCain Fiengold gives the democrat response to the Cruz effort to fight a terrible piece of legislation. McCain should have the intestinal fortitude to get his ass out of the beltway and see how his constituents feel about the crap sandwich we've been handed. Retire John.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  6. #316
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    And the senile war hero who gave us the lunacy which is McCain Fiengold gives the democrat response to the Cruz effort to fight a terrible piece of legislation. McCain should have the intestinal fortitude to get his ass out of the beltway and see how his constituents feel about the crap sandwich we've been handed. Retire John.
    why is public campaign financing a bad thing?

  7. #317
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    why is public campaign financing a bad thing?
    How many candidates are you willing to fund?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    How many candidates are you willing to fund?
    what is wrong with publicly financing elections? won't that make politicians more inclined to listen to the people?

  9. #319
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what is wrong with publicly financing elections? won't that make politicians more inclined to listen to the people?
    You didn't answer the question. How many parties fielding candidates are you will to provide public funds?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #320
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,750
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what is wrong with publicly financing elections? won't that make politicians more inclined to listen to the people?
    No. It makes it more difficult for candidates not favored by the media to get their message out.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •