Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 700

Thread: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee.com View Post
    Reagan brought unemployment to 11 percent in 1982. Knowing that he'd failed, he did what George W. refused to do 20 years later: He compromised with the Democratic leaders of Congress, and raised taxes. THAT is why the economy got better between 1983 and 1989. Reagan was frequently oblivious, but he wasn't stupid. He figured out when the things he did weren't working -- at home (taxes) and abroad (Beirut, his ramping-up of Cold War rhetoric).
    Please don't go there as you aren't smart enough nor probably old enough to debate what Reagan did in the 80's. I could beat you up all day with actual data and facts but somehow doubt that you would even realize how foolish you are. Interesting how people like you always want to divert from the Obama performance and record to try and discuss something you don't understand and were probably too young to experience.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee.com View Post
    Conservatives talking about conscience is like priests talking about birth control.
    Ah, yes, another arrogant Easterner who thinks they have all the answers but the problem remains they can't even find the question.

  3. #243
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think a little arrogance is required in this situation, especially since he is getting plenty of it right back at him from both sides. I watched a little of it last night, he was answering questions. He is so well spoken, articulate, and extremely knowledgeable. It was so refreshing to see someone that could back up his position with a rock solid foundation of facts based in the Constitution. He is the real minority leader in the senate.
    And, God willing, he will be the leader one day, if not President.



    He will never come close to being president.

  4. #244
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Reid could just follow the rules of the Senate.
    Wouldn't that be novel?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #245
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,207

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    The loser getting less votes was not all that uncommon. Especially considering the "conservative" party didn't run a conservative again.

    But Obama pulled a first. Millions caught on to his incompetence and ignorance. Maybe many of those that didn't vote for him the second time will tell others why it was dumb to vote for him the second time and the education will continue.
    Sure - the third time Obama runs for President, everyone will be on to him.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #246
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,207

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    IF you dont want to purchase insurance or go through the exchange you pay a fine. Your not forced to you have to pay a one time fine.
    Yes. If we wanna go by the ol "free market" line the more people buy something and go into a competive market insurance companies will offer better coverage and compete for that better coverage.

    Ideological backgrounds.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not just a one time fine - you pay the fine every year you file your taxes and you don't have health insurance coverage. Otherwise, the mandate makes even less sense.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #247
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Ted Cruz needs to get the **** off the stage so greedy liberals can get their free healthcare. Come on, down with Cruz! Down with Cruz!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please don't go there as you aren't smart enough nor probably old enough to debate what Reagan did in the 80's. I could beat you up all day with actual data and facts but somehow doubt that you would even realize how foolish you are. Interesting how people like you always want to divert from the Obama performance and record to try and discuss something you don't understand and were probably too young to experience.
    It's the liberal way. History began the day they were born, and their ideas are brand new and haven't actually been tried for thousands of years of repeated failure.

    Oh, and as long as we act from the heart, instead of our brains, eva-ting gonna be alright!

  9. #249
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,193

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Here? Yep. The notion that having been slapped for no good reason repeatedly should prompt turning the other cheek in political venues is for pussies. Or are you saying that the political left can dish it out, but shouldn't have to take it?
    When you act like a douche, you're no better than the other douches.

    Congrats, you're right up there with the Liberal douches.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #250
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,207

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    These same Tea Party candidates that you claim to admire are the same ones that support the "big mouth Cruz" as you refer to him, in his efforts in the Senate.

    Second, I was giving data from the 2010 midterm election, since you included the last two elections, and the data for that election proved your comments to be in error.

    Third, the Republicans did not lose multiple seats as you exaggerate, they lost two. The data is in and says the base of the Republican party did not show up to vote in the last election because they are tired of the "elites" getting behind a candidate there is little difference between them and the Democrat. Romney and Romneycare? Seriously? What were they thinking? These yahoos went after Gingrich and Santorum with viciousness I have never seen before. Gingrich was actually ahead in the polls early on but because of folks like the great Karl Rove and Romney's elite support, the poison penned op ed pieces from Krauthammer to NRO hit the presses against Romney's opponents. Then to make sure their guy looked like he won the primary in Iowa, they hid the fact that Santorum won until AFTER the New Hampshire primary to give their guy Romney momentum. It all stunk to high heaven. And maybe if the Republican party allowed a stronger candidate that one could actually tell the difference between a Democrat and the Republican, most likely a lot more races especially in the Senate would have created a change in majority because a lot more of the base would have showed up to vote.
    Seriously?

    I claimed that Cruz was the wrong messenger, but the message was right - of course those in congress who support the message will support what Cruz is doing - I'm talking about the American people - Cruz is a terrible messenger no matter how many times you claim otherwise.

    If you think Gingrich and/or Santorum would have had a greater chance of beating Obama, you're nuts. Romney actually did increase the Republican votes in some key states, however, not enough to win them. It's my view that in many cases it was the terrible Senate choices that caused a lower turn out than would have occurred had the Republican Senate candidates been reasonable alternatives.

    Finally, you claim the Republicans only lost two seats and that's not "multiple". Forgetting the obvious error in math principles that suggests, my point you conveniently ignored was that there were multiple Democrat incumbents who were incredibly vulnerable and the Republicans blew it again, as they did in 2010, by nominating idiots with no chance of winning. Those senate races where Tea Party nuts were running are a microcosm of what would happen nationally if a Tea Party nut like Cruz led the national ticket. The fact you don't see that is a prime example of why Republicans can't seem to win now.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •