Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 700

Thread: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,892

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    They should be forced to pee their pants or give up the podium. That's the American way!!

    Eh, he's a self-absorbed, ambitious jerk with delusions of future grandeur... which is what his grandstanding now is all about in the first place.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

    My thoughts exactly!

    He's not holding up the vote, it will still take place as scheduled. He's only using up time Republicans might have used for real discussion. For goodness sake. He read Green Eggs and Ham on the floor.

    Useless *re-read Di's post* stunt.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

    My thoughts exactly!

    He's not holding up the vote, it will still take place as scheduled. He's only using up time Republicans might have used for real discussion. For goodness sake. He read Green Eggs and Ham on the floor.

    Useless *re-read Di's post* stunt.
    What real discussion. Dems aren't going to budge on the issue, so what is there to discuss.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #103
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

    The very premise of Obamacare is an affront to individual liberty and the basic freedom that this Republic was founded to preserve. People need to take a stand against this kind of thing and I commend Sen. Cruz for doing just that.
    Sorry, but Cruz is a terrible messenger. The message is right but when presented by a fool, the validity of the message is lost. People don't rally behind idiots.

    If Senator Coburn, who also disagrees with Obamacare, was leading this move, it would be infinitely more effective. There are many strong Republican voices in the Senate but you don't hear from them because the clowns are front and center any time the cameras are around. Perhaps people close to the fray can't see it, but my being a distant observer, I can see what's going on and it's not good.

    Cruz is a lightweight fool who's been reading and hearing too many glowing reports from people who think he has a future in Republican leadership. God help America if this comes to pass. You already have a dolt in the White House who's only claim to ability is a flowery way with prose and an ability to carry a tune.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    He got elected because there are more good people in the state that believe in standing up for their beliefs than there are useless socialist types, like Liberals.
    Oh really!!! What exactly has he done while he has been in office? Except do a lot of grand standing. I'll clue you in absolutely nothing. The people that voted him in are small minded, ego driven. Just like him, low information voters that love to be scared. Now I love the fact that you have to use the word socialist, because that is the typical scare word that the righties use now a days. Get over it there are many socialist programs that even Republicans implemented. My biggest wonder is when this loon runs for president how the right will glorify him with a straight face after accusing Obama of not being born in this country. I hope he runs and wins it will be the final nail in the coffin to see exactly how backward Republicans are. You guys would have a better chance of running Charlie Manson. At least we know he is bat **** crazy.

  5. #105
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Except that Cruz' filibuster, which technically was not a filibuster (confused yet? - LOL), lasted a little over an hour. What the hell was that? Was THAT the amount of time he was able to stand on his feet? Jesus!! I know people who stood in line for hours just to get an iPhone. Cruz - You are a pussy. LOL.

    Article is here.

    Um....He's still on the floor....FAIL!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #106
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

    My thoughts exactly!

    He's not holding up the vote, it will still take place as scheduled. He's only using up time Republicans might have used for real discussion. For goodness sake. He read Green Eggs and Ham on the floor.

    Useless *re-read Di's post* stunt.
    Green eggs, and Ham...A classic tale of a kid being forced to eat something he doesn't want to....Kinda fits...Anyway, why the animosity if he is not holding anything up? Doesn't he have 1st amendment rights?

    You want to see all the lefties really get in an uproar? Let him start at page one and read aloud the entire ACA....That'll get some ire....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #107
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    sure there might be waste, but is arbitrarily cutting funding for governments programs like blind executioner any way to solve the problem?
    Yes. Take 10% from every budget line item.

  8. #108
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Oh really!!! What exactly has he done while he has been in office? Except do a lot of grand standing. I'll clue you in absolutely nothing. The people that voted him in are small minded, ego driven. Just like him, low information voters that love to be scared. Now I love the fact that you have to use the word socialist, because that is the typical scare word that the righties use now a days. Get over it there are many socialist programs that even Republicans implemented. My biggest wonder is when this loon runs for president how the right will glorify him with a straight face after accusing Obama of not being born in this country. I hope he runs and wins it will be the final nail in the coffin to see exactly how backward Republicans are. You guys would have a better chance of running Charlie Manson. At least we know he is bat **** crazy.
    yeah, yeah we know...If we dain to disagree with 'dear leader', we are "dumb, backwoods, racist, rednecks, that probably couldn't wipe our asses correctly without direction"..... What a crock.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #109
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    God, if we only had more like Ted Cruz in the senate. A guy that actually knows and understands the Constitution, unlike the dumbass liberals and RINO's that populate our government today. A true patriot, truly speaking to power, calling out our idiot, marxist president and his crew on their violations of our rights and liberties.

    He even speaks for those convenient idiots that besmirch him, call him names, and do the rest of their stupid liberal tricks. He is standing up for your rights and liberties too, though you don't have the brains to realize it.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #110
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    God, if we only had more like Ted Cruz in the senate. A guy that actually knows and understands the Constitution, unlike the dumbass liberals and RINO's that populate our government today. A true patriot, truly speaking to power, calling out our idiot, marxist president and his crew on their violations of our rights and liberties.

    He even speaks for those convenient idiots that besmirch him, call him names, and do the rest of their stupid liberal tricks.
    He is standing up for your rights and liberties too, though you don't have the brains to realize it.



    I realize that if he disappeared back to Canada tomorrow it wouldn't be too soon for me. I have no use for that arrogant critter.




    "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." ~ John Stuart Mill
    Last edited by shrubnose; 09-25-13 at 10:01 AM.

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •