Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 174

Thread: Boy punished for air soft guns in yard

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Boy punished for air soft guns in yard

    I can't wait to see this defended. It seems zero tolerance should be for the real thing. Boys have been known to show up with real guns in back packs. No tolerance for that is appropriate.


    VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A seventh grade Virginia Beach student previously suspended for shooting an airsoft gun has been expelled, WAVY.com has learned.

    During a hearing Tuesday morning, Aidan Clark was expelled in a unanimous vote. The fate of Khalid Caraballo remains unknown at this time.

    Like thousands of others in Hampton Roads, Khalid Caraballo plays with airsoft guns. Caraballo and his friend Aidan were suspended because they shot two other friends who were with them while playing with the guns as they waited for the school bus.

    The two seventh graders say they never went to the bus stop; they fired the airsoft guns while on Caraballo's private property.

    Aidan’s father, Tim Clark, told WAVY.com what happened next lacks commons sense. The children were suspended for possession, handling and use of a firearm.


    http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-be...e-gone-too-far

  2. #2
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Aidanís father, Tim Clark, told WAVY.com what happened next lacks commons sense. The children were suspended for possession, handling and use of a firearm.


    WAVY - Has zero tolerance gone too far | WAVY.com | Virginia Beach
    Seriously? A firearm? That is insane. Even pellet rifles, which can cause more injury aren't classified as firearms. Seems way over-the-top.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I can't wait to see this defended. It seems zero tolerance should be for the real thing. Boys have been known to show up with real guns in back packs. No tolerance for that is appropriate.

    VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A seventh grade Virginia Beach student previously suspended for shooting an airsoft gun has been expelled, WAVY.com has learned.

    During a hearing Tuesday morning, Aidan Clark was expelled in a unanimous vote. The fate of Khalid Caraballo remains unknown at this time.

    Like thousands of others in Hampton Roads, Khalid Caraballo plays with airsoft guns. Caraballo and his friend Aidan were suspended because they shot two other friends who were with them while playing with the guns as they waited for the school bus.

    The two seventh graders say they never went to the bus stop; they fired the airsoft guns while on Caraballo's private property.

    Aidan’s father, Tim Clark, told WAVY.com what happened next lacks commons sense. The children were suspended for possession, handling and use of a firearm.


    WAVY - Has zero tolerance gone too far | WAVY.com | Virginia Beach
    It's all innocent fun until somebody puts an eye out.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #4
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Seriously? A firearm? That is insane. Even pellet rifles, which can cause more injury aren't classified as firearms. Seems way over-the-top.
    And a reoccurring problem, too.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It's all innocent fun until somebody puts an eye out.
    Skate boarding and bicycling is all fun until a crash and a broken neck. Riding dirt bikes is all fun until a crash and a comatose child. Playing Ping Pong ball is all fun until a ball is slammed and some bodies eye is put out. Here's the relevant. SUSPENDED FOR POSSESSION AND USE OF A FIREARM. It's no such thing. Even if your anti gun or anti kids playing and having fun in sports that could injure them, this charge is FALSE. Oh, and they were in their own yard making it none of the schools business.

  6. #6
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Skate boarding and bicycling is all fun until a crash and a broken neck. Riding dirt bikes is all fun until a crash and a comatose child. Playing Ping Pong ball is all fun until a ball is slammed and some bodies eye is put out. Here's the relevant. SUSPENDED FOR POSSESSION AND USE OF A FIREARM. It's no such thing. Even if your anti gun or anti kids playing and having fun in sports that could injure them, this charge is FALSE. Oh, and they were in their own yard making it none of the schools business.
    If you're complaining about the reason, I'm with you there. If I were that student's parents, I would fight to get that changed. Right after I threw his "replica firearm" in the garbage.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #7
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It's all innocent fun until somebody puts an eye out.
    But, a firearms offense? Airsoft is not a firearm, nor is a pellet gun.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #8
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If you're complaining about the reason, I'm with you there. If I were that student's parents, I would fight to get that changed. Right after I threw his "replica firearm" in the garbage.
    Why should he lose the gun?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #9
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Why should he lose the gun?
    One of the links I read said that, even though one boy was running away, he was hit. That's unacceptable. As is playing with it in the front yard -- which is an assumption I'm making that's probably correct.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Boy expelled for air soft guns in yard

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    But, a firearms offense? Airsoft is not a firearm, nor is a pellet gun.
    Air guns in many states are now considered firearms by definition.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •