Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 162

Thread: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

  1. #81
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Solar Power & Wind Power Now Cheaper Than Coal Power In US:
    They're only cheaper because of regulation and subsidy.

  2. #82
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why am I not surprised that you would choose an environmental activist site to give a totally skewed outlook like this.
    Why am I not surprised that you didn't read and see that the article was based-on a paper conducted by actual professional scientists? But heck, it's just easier to place your hands over your ears and shout, LA-LA-LA-LA, eh? I can never understand why people choose to be uninformed.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #83
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Why am I not surprised that you didn't read and see that the article was based-on a paper conducted by actual professional scientists? But heck, it's just easier to place your hands over your ears and shout, LA-LA-LA-LA, eh? I can never understand why people choose to be uninformed.
    It's not a matter of being uninformed...The study leaves out the fact that wind power is supplemented by traditional energy based on demand, and conditions....Their study seems to only address optimal conditions, which as we both know is not the norm.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #84
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They're only cheaper because of regulation and subsidy.
    Another one who didn't bother to read the article. If you did, you will easily read that it's not the angle played.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #85
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Another one who didn't bother to read the article. If you did, you will easily read that it's not the angle played.

    The angle played is boiler plate Bull! The "cost of carbon pollution"? Then it doesn't even address that the average wind turban has to be supplemented with traditional energy production, ie, coal, or gas power plants to keep even flow of energy to consumers....It is crap.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #86
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Nothing against Eisenhower, but using a quote as proof simply does not cut it. At all.
    Are you claiming that federal grant money does not fund climate research?

  7. #87
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They're only cheaper because of regulation and subsidy.
    I live in a solar powered house and I occasionally add another panel to increase my capacity. Mine weren't subsidized, but the panels I just bought were half the price of the ones I first bought 20 years ago. It's an increasingly popular form of energy and with the growing demand production costs are lower.

  8. #88
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Are you claiming that federal grant money does not fund climate research?
    I'm sure it does sometimes. But it does not have the sinister purpose that you claim it has.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #89
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I live in a solar powered house and I occasionally add another panel to increase my capacity. Mine weren't subsidized, but the panels I just bought were half the price of the ones I first bought 20 years ago. It's an increasingly popular form of energy and with the growing demand production costs are lower.
    Agreed that they are more mainstream now and thus have more production demand. However, the industry itself, their manufacture, is heavily subsidized. It's cool you've gone that way, but seriously, you didn't take the write-off?

  10. #90
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I live in a solar powered house and I occasionally add another panel to increase my capacity. Mine weren't subsidized, but the panels I just bought were half the price of the ones I first bought 20 years ago. It's an increasingly popular form of energy and with the growing demand production costs are lower.
    And, as the technology gets better, the price will continue to decrease.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •