Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 162

Thread: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Where has the oil industry said we have zero effect? As I understand it they illustrate quite accurately that climate change is cyclical and that humans have very little impact on it, but I have not seen them suggest we have no impact. And so they are bias, but some how govt researchers with an agenda to tax, regulate, and redistribute don't? You acknowledge bias in the human race but seem to ignore it among those who support your political persuation.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    But they aren't giving the truth, they are giving their bias as well. I suspect we will find that humans DO in fact cause some of the climate change we have been seeing. The question is how much. The oil industry wants people to bleieve that humans cause ZERO effects and that simply is not true.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    You acknowledge bias in the human race but seem to ignore it among those who support your political persuation.
    Show me where I have ignored it. I even stated BOTH sides have it, do you even read or do you just guess what you THINK people say. Go back and read my posts and you'll even see where I said BOTH sides have bias and even said Gore had bias.

    This is the problem with you. You don't read posts, you just ASSume what people say. Try reading and it won't make you look foolish yet again like the last time when you said all I do is support Obama when I have many posts doing the opposite. You ran from that bet too.

  3. #73
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Sounds pretty good to me. In fact, the technology has made leaps and bounds and will continue to improve.
    No where close.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    I love it when a redistributive lefty wants to hide behind the evils of their own. Pathetic but funny. Of course you admit al gore is a loser human profiteering off his junk science but that doesn't mean you don't believe in regulating, taxing and redistributing the wealth of others for junk sciency propelled by your friends in govt.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Show me where I have ignored it. I even stated BOTH sides have it, do you even read or do you just guess what you THINK people say. Go back and read my posts and you'll even see where I said BOTH sides have bias and even said Gore had bias.

    This is the problem with you. You don't read posts, you just ASSume what people say. Try reading and it won't make you look foolish yet again like the last time when you said all I do is support Obama when I have many posts doing the opposite. You ran from that bet too.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I love it when a redistributive lefty wants to hide behind the evils of their own. Pathetic but funny. Of course you admit al gore is a loser human profiteering off his junk science but that doesn't mean you don't believe in regulating, taxing and redistributing the wealth of others for junk sciency propelled by your friends in govt.
    Sure it does, I don't believe in those things. Care to show ANY of my posts that demonstrate what you claim? I didn't think so, you just like to spout of BS and lies without actually putting your money where your mouth is.

    I even have a post that says while government can help, there comes a time when a product needs to succeed or fail on it's own. Of course you wouldn't bother to have read that, because all you have are lies.

    Face it, you lied, got called on it, and now you just spout more lies. I gave you a bet, you ran like the little punk you are.

  6. #76
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    So now you want a fart tax too? Or just euthanasia of those you disagree with?
    Low and not serious for a proper debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #77
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    I heard Hydrogen cars are available in Turkiye. Change may be happening as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No where close.
    Solar Power & Wind Power Now Cheaper Than Coal Power In US:
    WASHINGTON — It’s less costly to get electricity from wind turbines and solar panels than coal-fired power plants when climate change costs and other health impacts are factored in, according to a new study published in the Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences.

    In fact—using the official U.S. government estimates of health and environmental costs from burning fossil fuels—the study shows it’s cheaper to replace a typical existing coal-fired power plant with a wind turbine than to keep the old plant running. And new electricity generation from wind could be more economically efficient than natural gas.

    Read more at NRDC: Clean Energy The Most Affordable Way To Power The US
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #79
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Solar Power & Wind Power Now Cheaper Than Coal Power In US:
    Why am I not surprised that you would choose an environmental activist site to give a totally skewed outlook like this.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #80
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I think the scientists are emitting confused signals. Until that changes, I would only vote for more research. Maybe the UN should mandate all the wise men into conclave and leave them there, till they can make up their minds.
    I'd be better with putting them all on an island, and then sinking it - we can blame it on global warming.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •