Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 162

Thread: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

  1. #131
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Molecule per molecular is an illusion created by the alarmist. It is a metric that should never be used. It is not representative an any realistic output.

    If that is what you meant, your 10 times is still invalid, as CH4, at current levels, is more than 30 times stronger.

    Why don't you just admit it. These alarmist numbers are silly.
    Get a hold of this article, criticize it, and then we will talk:

    Christianson, G. (1999). Greenhouse: The 200 year story of global warming. Walker and Company
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #132
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    *sigh* How much money do you suppose would be spent on climate studies if there was no perceived problem?

    Hint: In 1988 The total spent on climate science was about $100 million in the US. It is now over $8 billion... or roughly a 8000% increase over 25 years. Do you suppose that climate scientists are eager to slash their budgets back to "no threat" level?


    I don't even know why I am still trying to get you to understand this simple, yet asinine, distortion of fact that deniers love to spew. One more time...

    People donate to cancer, AIDS, and other issues (such as environmental causes). They do it because they are either directly affected or they believe it's a noble cause. That said, their donation should not affect results and as far as I know, they don't. However some here at DP (in fact many on the denier side) have no issues claiming that their funding comes with a clause. A clause to skew results so they can directly benefit. As an example, you claim Seimens is a green company. Do you think they fund research by paying off climate scientists to skew results so they can sell more solar panels? And/or, do you think climate scientists worldwide have unilaterally schemed together to make up this silly think called Global Warming/Climate Change so they can get money for their research and become stinking rich and famous?
    Last edited by Middleground; 09-26-13 at 09:02 AM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #133
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post


    I don't even know why I am still trying to get you to understand this simple, yet asinine, distortion of fact that deniers love to spew. One more time...

    People donate to cancer, AIDS, and other issues (such as environmental causes). They do it because they are either directly affected or they believe it's a noble cause. That said, their donation should not affect results and as far as I know, they don't. However some here at DP (in fact many on the denier side) have no issues claiming that their funding comes with a clause. A clause to skew results so they can directly benefit. As an example, you claim Seimens is a green company. Do you think they fund research by paying off climate scientists to skew results so they can sell more solar panels? And/or, do you think climate scientists worldwide have unilaterally schemed together to make up this silly think called Global Warming/Climate Change so they can get money for their research and become stinking rich and famous?
    I see, so those reports that you label as sourcing out of denial, is perfectly fine to disregard because it doesn't reach the conclusion you find accepted, and to bring in whom their research funding comes from never crossed your keyboard eh?

    Yeah ok.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #134
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post


    I don't even know why I am still trying to get you to understand this simple, yet asinine, distortion of fact that deniers love to spew. One more time...

    People donate to cancer, AIDS, and other issues (such as environmental causes). They do it because they are either directly affected or they believe it's a noble cause. That said, their donation should not affect results and as far as I know, they don't. However some here at DP (in fact many on the denier side) have no issues claiming that their funding comes with a clause. A clause to skew results so they can directly benefit. As an example, you claim Seimens is a green company. Do you think they fund research by paying off climate scientists to skew results so they can sell more solar panels? And/or, do you think climate scientists worldwide have unilaterally schemed together to make up this silly think called Global Warming/Climate Change so they can get money for their research and become stinking rich and famous?
    Do you apply this logic for research that was paid for by corporations?

  5. #135
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,691

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post


    I don't even know why I am still trying to get you to understand this simple, yet asinine, distortion of fact that deniers love to spew. One more time...

    People donate to cancer, AIDS, and other issues (such as environmental causes). They do it because they are either directly affected or they believe it's a noble cause. That said, their donation should not affect results and as far as I know, they don't. However some here at DP (in fact many on the denier side) have no issues claiming that their funding comes with a clause. A clause to skew results so they can directly benefit. As an example, you claim Seimens is a green company. Do you think they fund research by paying off climate scientists to skew results so they can sell more solar panels? And/or, do you think climate scientists worldwide have unilaterally schemed together to make up this silly think called Global Warming/Climate Change so they can get money for their research and become stinking rich and famous?

    First, there is no "unilateral" in climate science, you are just making the bogus consensus argument in a different way.

    I believe Seimens funds research that it believes will support its bottom line. But this brings up an interesting question: What would you say of a skeptical scientist who is funded by, say, the coal industry?

  6. #136
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Do you apply this logic for research that was paid for by corporations?
    Give me an example.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #137
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Give me an example.
    really?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #138
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Change the name from Global Warming to Climate Change, then to "Obama", and then just say it went on vacation. That way if anyone questions you, you can just call them racist and point out Bush went on vacations too.

  9. #139
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Not all of it, but I have had the WG1 part of it since 3/1/13.
    Got a link? I've been looking for that!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Well say what? Something like nothing happened ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #140
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    First, there is no "unilateral" in climate science, you are just making the bogus consensus argument in a different way.
    It's not bogus.

    I believe Seimens funds research that it believes will support its bottom line.
    Well **** me sideways until Sunday, what a convincing argument!1!!!!111!! Heck, why should "I believe" not be taken seriously?!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!111111


    But this brings up an interesting question: What would you say of a skeptical scientist who is funded by, say, the coal industry?
    The coal/oil industries are known for propaganda. Think tanks with an agenda, like "The Heritage Foundation" are known for pushing their policies. Here's a link with a good collection of groups and think tanks that are big players Climate Change denial machine:

    Petroleum and Propaganda: The Anatomy of the Global Warming Denial Industry :: Monthly Review
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •