Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 162

Thread: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

  1. #111
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    People, people, let's not do anything silly like actually read the evidence in the IPCC report. Best to assume they're wrong because that makes me feel better.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    People, people, let's not do anything silly like actually read the evidence in the IPCC report. Best to assume they're wrong because that makes me feel better.
    LOL...

    I have read their material. I suggest you get a bit educated on the topics and try to understand what you read.

  3. #113
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    So can you give me an example?
    No, DDT was overreacted to and was banned when it didn't need to be. Like most things of the era, DDT was being overused in ways that would obviously impact the environment negatively. Limited and proper use, however, can be largely beneficial.

    We can thank DDT's short term use for the lack of malaria in modern day.


    ^^^ You forgot to mention that its use eventually caused mosquitos to become more resistant. So, in essence, DDT was only effective short term. Yet it has wreaked havoc by polluting rivers, soil and killing wildlife. Oh, and it's also a probably carcinogen.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Actually I make generalizations, accusations would have to be more specific and since I don't know you from adam my blatant statements are generalizing how you and other leftist role. As I said I'm not one for regulating, taxing and redistributing for the personal benefit of yourself or others like you who don't bother to work for it - that's what climate change is all about. Money for academia that promotes its - with no bias of course (please note sarcasm) and govt. After all those who can't do - teach right? Those who can't teach work for the govt!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Neither have I for my personal benefit. Care to show where I have? You have made several accusations about me that you cannot prove yet you can't man-up and admit you're wrong.

  5. #115
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    LOL...

    I have read their material. I suggest you get a bit educated on the topics and try to understand what you read.
    You've read the IPCC report that hasn't been released?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #116
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    You were the one that said methane was an issue? Low and factual - which means you run away and can't debate.
    Methane has higher anthropogenic sources and at greater amount than human flatulence. Combine with the effect that it is 10 times worse than carbon and you have a factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    New technology is costly, but it has got to start somewhere. Without a need/market, it will pretty much stay on the shelf and will not improve/grow. I read an article yesterday that said that for the first time ever, solar and wind power is now less costly than coal. Awesome, eh?
    It would be awesome. Sorrily it is not yet true. Solar is quite a bit more expensive and Wind is as expensive as natural gas. Coal is much less.

    But you are right. The price of alternatives is falling quite rapidly. That is what Bush argued, when he said that it would make more sense to invest in research and innovate, when the technologies were mature. Partly we owe the falling prices to the German subsidies, which were so great, that huge amounts of solar panel production were built in China. With subsidies reduced there are too many panels and the price was below production costs last time I checked. So now the Germans, having installed all that expensive generation capacity, are paying ridiculous prices for their power. I liked Bush's approach better.

  8. #118
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    (Reuters) - A United Nations panel of experts met on Monday to review a draft report that raises the probability that climate change is man-made to 95 percent and warns of ever more extreme weather unless governments take strong action.

    Scientists and officials from more than 110 governments began a four-day meeting in Stockholm to edit and approve the 31-page draft that also tries to explain a "hiatus" in the pace of global warming this century despite rising greenhouse gas emissions.


    U.N. panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus' | Reuters
    Here's the part where the US is suppose to take it in the shorts, while China continues to puff filth out of thousands of more smoke stacks with not a peep from the environazis. Until I see thousands of these warmers marching in Tiananmen Square to force China to comply, screw'em! Because of the 1st Amendment, the US is always an easy target for these pansies. Put your ass out there where it can get hurt if you believe the IPCC is so valid.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #119
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Solar Power & Wind Power Now Cheaper Than Coal Power In US:
    Maybe Canada should sell solar and wind power instead of oil.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #120
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Maybe Canada should sell solar and wind power instead of oil.
    I can only hope. The beauty of wind and solar is that every country in this whole wide world has free access to both.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •