Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 162

Thread: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]

  1. #91
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Agreed that they are more mainstream now and thus have more production demand. However, the industry itself, their manufacture, is heavily subsidized. It's cool you've gone that way, but seriously, you didn't take the write-off?
    I am getting solar panels put on my roof for free. A company will buy and install them, hook them up to the grid and cut me a cheque once a year. A win-win situation, if you ask me.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Agreed that they are more mainstream now and thus have more production demand. However, the industry itself, their manufacture, is heavily subsidized. It's cool you've gone that way, but seriously, you didn't take the write-off?
    Yes, I agree that the industry has received subsidy, and hope that as more people go that route they become profitable and don't need it anymore. And no I really did not do the write off.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And, as the technology gets better, the price will continue to decrease.
    Sure thing.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I am getting solar panels put on my roof for free. A company will buy and install them, hook them up to the grid and cut me a cheque once a year. A win-win situation, if you ask me.
    Seriously? Now that's subsidy. I live beyond the nearest electricity. There is no grid to hook up to. Wouldn't want the snooping smart meter anyway.

  5. #95
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I'm sure it does sometimes. But it does not have the sinister purpose that you claim it has.
    Typically it doesn't, but once a paradigm has control over a field of study, it is amazing the lengths people can go to in order to protect it.

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,870

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Moderator's Warning:
    U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'[W;96]There are personal comments and some baiting going on. Please leave that out and stick to the topic, which is not each other, and add to the discussion.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We cant get lost in discrimination. We cant get lost in B.S. We cant get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  7. #97
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Seriously? Now that's subsidy. I live beyond the nearest electricity. There is no grid to hook up to. Wouldn't want the snooping smart meter anyway.
    Sort of. Our provincial government guarantees a price per Kilowatt per year. They started this initiatve to get people to invest in green energy for a few reasons. One, to create less pollution and two, to help with our overtapped and aged energy sources. The first few years were overly generous, but now, it's only about 22 cents more per Kilowatt than the maximum high-peak rate. My solar panels will give back to the grid, and both myself, the solar panel company and Hydro Ontario will benefit from this.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #98
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, I agree that the industry has received subsidy, and hope that as more people go that route they become profitable and don't need it anymore. And no I really did not do the write off.
    Me too. I may not be onboard with the AGW cult but I've always been cool with sane efforts to reduce pollution. And you should have taken the write-off if you're eligible for it.

  9. #99
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Typically it doesn't, but once a paradigm has control over a field of study, it is amazing the lengths people can go to in order to protect it.
    Please show me real examples of this. As I stated many posts back, I have yet to see any proof of this.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #100
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: U.N. Panel to blame mankind for global warming, explain 'hiatus'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Please show me real examples of this. As I stated many posts back, I have yet to see any proof of this.
    Silencing Scientists and Scholars in Other Fields: Power, Paradigm Controls, Peer Review, and Scholarly Communication (Contemporary Studies in Information Management, Policies, and Services): Gordon Moran: 9781567503425: Amazon.com: Books

    There are entire books on such things. Rest assured, they provide real life examples.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •