Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 306

Thread: One man's ObamaCare nightmare[W:51]

  1. #1
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    One man's ObamaCare nightmare[W:51]

    Just one example on how Obama care will screw you..........Biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of this country.


    One man's ObamaCare nightmare | Fox News
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    My wife and I had Humana as private insurance- high deductible (5K), no on going health care issues, and no riders to cover the high deductible such as AFLAC.

    550 a month.

    We asked about a plan with riders to cover cancer and serious illness (the AFLAC style riders) well they claimed to not offer such but could put together a plan with other insurance carriers- 830 a month IIRC.

    We now have a different company with riders, a dental plan, and a vision care thing.

    343 a month.

    You don't take the gubmint's word without question, why do you take Humana's as if it is the 11th commandment????

    Like Pappa John's and that Florida franchise owner of I think it was Denny's.... They claim one thing, but simple math shows they are just being petty, partisan asses....

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just one example on how Obama care will screw you..........Biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of this country.


    One man's ObamaCare nightmare | Fox News
    OMG one person who was buying bargain basement health insurance has their rates go up? Yes, and what happens when you get sick on bargain health insurance before obamacare? Oh yeah, they deny your claim and slap you into high risk and drop your coverage. Now they will have to pay and keep on covering you. So the healthy customer insurance scam where they charge you until you claim and then refuse to cover you is over. now they actually have to provide some specific levels of care, and they cannot take money for the illusion that they will be there when you get ill because now they have to be there. 300 dollars a month family insurance was a scam to begin with. The guy should be thrilled no one ever needed it.

    Then he doesn't even shop around for a better deal? Come on, go find a lower price insurance carrier. Of course they are going to tell you everyone is the same price, because they don't want you to go shopping around for the best deal. That guy is a friggen moron. They have four people on the insurance. You were not going to touch a real plan for under a grand before obamacare anyway. Oh, and the article fails to mention they will get subsidies to pay for it so the taxes they are paying will go directly to their health care and not to some other thing. What is the cost after the subsidies? Oh, of course dumb ass faux news doesn't mention that. Wouldn't want to let people know he might end up paying the same thing or less in the end anyway after he gets done.

    Just more manipulative BS from the right on how obamacare is going to suck.

  4. #4
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    A fool and his money are soon departed.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    And how would you know who a petty partisan ass was?


    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    My wife and I had Humana as private insurance- high deductible (5K), no on going health care issues, and no riders to cover the high deductible such as AFLAC.

    550 a month.

    We asked about a plan with riders to cover cancer and serious illness (the AFLAC style riders) well they claimed to not offer such but could put together a plan with other insurance carriers- 830 a month IIRC.

    We now have a different company with riders, a dental plan, and a vision care thing.

    343 a month.

    You don't take the gubmint's word without question, why do you take Humana's as if it is the 11th commandment????

    Like Pappa John's and that Florida franchise owner of I think it was Denny's.... They claim one thing, but simple math shows they are just being petty, partisan asses....

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    And how would you know who a petty partisan ass was?
    First it is who a petty partisan ass IS...

    Second because they have hair cuts....

    a lot like yours

    Fact is 'Pappa' John was proven to be incorrect in his claims of how much he would have to add to the price of a pizza. Corporate Denny's was quick to renounce the Florida whiner about the cost.

    Unlike the OP I have been using private, non job subsidized healthcare insurance probably for as long you have been alive. Under 500 bucks for ANY family of four plan is either a farce or a one in a million plan. (Like I said I had a Humana plan, which FYI is a HUGE conglomerate of insurance companies and it sucked ass)

    The article tells us so little it isn't worth consideration- just what was the coverage of the original plan? Just what is the new coverage? Did the policy holder/Faux Noise do ANY research to see if Humana's claim was true? Did the policy holder do any research to see if other companies have far better for far less?????

    Fact free CON game, ya can tell by the smell....

    The haircut joke I stole from Ron White's redneck comedy tour routine... gotta love the redneck humor... I don't care who you are- THAT'S funny....

  7. #7
    Wading Through Bull****
    shagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    I wonder how many cases Faux News had to dig through to find the perfect case they were looking for that supports their well established agenda as a horribly biased conservative "news entertainment" show. This is really like someone making a thread over a headline on The Daily Show. Lets be honest, they do their best to tell you what you want to hear without lying outright, but the former is far more important than the latter.
    Could It Be Semantics Generating This Mess We're In?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just one example on how Obama care will screw you..........Biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of this country.


    One man's ObamaCare nightmare | Fox News
    Wow, one case? Well, we should just scrap it all then and any other bill that affects one person negatively. I mean we can't have any bills that affect ANYONE negatively now can we?

    In all seriousness, I don't like Obamacare and think it should be scrapped, but not for the reason that is listed in your article. NO program in it's history has not had the record of being perfectly positive to EVERYONE.

  9. #9
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    There seems to be confusion on the left in here about what 'an example' is....Further if you watched the report, you'd have picked up on the line in the report that basically said that the coverage is going up because of what the ACA mandates now must be covered over and above what they possibly didn't have to pick up before. I can see that.

    The bottom line is that with all of the delay's, waivers, and pure incompetence put forth so far in this unworkable law, the whole thing should be delayed to allow time for real inclusion of both sides to work out the horrible parts of this law. Will they do that? Probably not...The demo's don't want the repubs to have any say in it, and the repubs don't want it to become yet another entitlement that can never be adjusted, or taken away.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    So I'm suppose to believe you, anonymous socialist promoting his / her political views and not published reports of people losing their insurance and being forced to pay more for your beloved govt? I think you made your numbers up to promote your agenda. I don't find you trustworthy or honest but a partisan hack probably living off the hard work and proceeds of others.


    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    First it is who a petty partisan ass IS...

    Second because they have hair cuts....

    a lot like yours

    Fact is 'Pappa' John was proven to be incorrect in his claims of how much he would have to add to the price of a pizza. Corporate Denny's was quick to renounce the Florida whiner about the cost.

    Unlike the OP I have been using private, non job subsidized healthcare insurance probably for as long you have been alive. Under 500 bucks for ANY family of four plan is either a farce or a one in a million plan. (Like I said I had a Humana plan, which FYI is a HUGE conglomerate of insurance companies and it sucked ass)

    The article tells us so little it isn't worth consideration- just what was the coverage of the original plan? Just what is the new coverage? Did the policy holder/Faux Noise do ANY research to see if Humana's claim was true? Did the policy holder do any research to see if other companies have far better for far less?????

    Fact free CON game, ya can tell by the smell....

    The haircut joke I stole from Ron White's redneck comedy tour routine... gotta love the redneck humor... I don't care who you are- THAT'S funny....

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •