Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 306

Thread: One man's ObamaCare nightmare[W:51]

  1. #151
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

    Nope. If I don't like the restrictions placed on me by the ACA I have no recourse. If I don't like my insurance I find a new insurer.

    Private insurance is infinitely more granular and custom fitted then the government clustf*** that is the ACA. With the ACA in place I have far less choice between insurance because the douchebag Demcrats think that I should be paying for a bunch of coverage I don't want and will never use regardless of which insurance company I choose.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Nope. If I don't like the restrictions placed on me by the ACA I have no recourse. If I don't like my insurance I find a new insurer.

    Private insurance is infinitely more granular and custom fitted then the government clustf*** that is the ACA. With the ACA in place I have far less choice between insurance because the douchebag Demcrats think that I should be paying for a bunch of coverage I don't want and will never use regardless of which insurance company I choose.
    Of course you have recourse. You can buy more. Pay the doctor yourself. Your freedom is as much or more than it's ever been. Why you think exaggeration is a good argument tactic, I don't know. But your going to have to more accurate to really debate this issue. You can't be taken seriously while being this hyperbolic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #153
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course you have recourse. You can buy more. Pay the doctor yourself. Your freedom is as much or more than it's ever been. Why you think exaggeration is a good argument tactic, I don't know. But your going to have to more accurate to really debate this issue. You can't be taken seriously while being this hyperbolic.

    No it isn't. Case in point: The mandate. How can you possibly say that my freedom is the same as it was before when one of the central pieces of the legislation takes away my freedom to choose? And that is just the start. There is a litany of things insurance is now required to cover that I don't want. A health care savings plan and a low cost catastrophic insurance plan works wonders for paying the medical bills while protecting my family from catastrophic care bills... but I won't have that choice anymore.

    You are simply lying to yourself if you think you are somehow more free with this bill.

    Only a liberal could think the path to freedom is through greater regulation.

  4. #154
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,061
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    I get the point you are making. However, expecting people to spend 20 or 30 years in the military, do what they are required to do for what they get paid, something else has to be offered. Health care has been the standard thing offered and agreed upon by the government and the service member. The funny thing about it though, when retired many do not even use it or use it as a secondary cutting the governments cost by a lot. They end up working somewhere else because the retired pay just isn't enough and they take their new employers insurance or that of their spouse. That will be changing now of course because of Obamacare. The government will soon be stuck paying the full amount for what they agreed to with each retired service member which of course taxpayers will have to pay for.
    Giving government employees pensions and healthcare is bad unless it's the military, then it's the best thing ever.

  5. #155
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Giving government employees pensions and healthcare is bad unless it's the military, then it's the best thing ever.
    If you say so.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #156
    Wading Through Bull****
    shagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,482

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No it isn't. Case in point: The mandate. How can you possibly say that my freedom is the same as it was before when one of the central pieces of the legislation takes away my freedom to choose? And that is just the start. There is a litany of things insurance is now required to cover that I don't want. A health care savings plan and a low cost catastrophic insurance plan works wonders for paying the medical bills while protecting my family from catastrophic care bills... but I won't have that choice anymore.

    You are simply lying to yourself if you think you are somehow more free with this bill.

    Only a liberal could think the path to freedom is through greater regulation.
    Without the mandate/penalty you end up with a horrible crisis of the commons. Loss of a certain degree of freedom is something you have to deal with when you choose to live in any society. The freedom to take what you want, the freedom to physically assault other people, the freedom to not pay taxes; it's a long list.....

    Liberty isn't The One, it's one of The Three, and you can't have 100% freedom AND the other 2.
    Could It Be Semantics Generating This Mess We're In?

  7. #157
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,593

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    A health care savings plan and a low cost catastrophic insurance plan works wonders for paying the medical bills while protecting my family from catastrophic care bills... but I won't have that choice anymore.
    Those will be called bronze plans in the new marketplaces.

  8. #158
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare[W:51]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    I have no issue with posting my gross income year over year. Takes me all of 10 minutes to go into my gun room and get page 1 from each year. I put them in a stack each year when my accountant sends me my copy. I guarantee I pay more in taxes than you make in a year, and more probably pay twice in taxes than you make in a year. You get the board owner or a lawyer to take a bet and I will forward my SSN and copies, and I will put $100K on the bet that says I pay more in taxes than you claim as your gross income. Put up or shut up.

    First I enlisted in Utah while in college and upon graduation from my undergrad moved back to CT and I was in the 103rd TCS in Orange CT and a 3POX1. I was called to active for Desert Shield / Desert Storm. I was then in the 94th Airlift at Dobbins ARB for 11 years. From there I moved back to NY (where I was born) and transferred into the 174th. Earlier this year I separated and went into the USAF Civil Air Patrol and I am learning how to fly Cessna 182's. CAP is at the 174th with the NY-135 and that's how I got turned on to CAP. I am in the NY-176.

    You don't even have a clue what "independently wealthy is" because you are poor. It basically means you have enough in the bank to retire. I don't. I need my money to double one more time (and god willing I can double it twice). I waste time on boards because I am between client contracts. The only silliness here is food stamp licking armchair quarterbacks such as yourself that think you are carrying the weight of America with your laughable $30K or $60K salary. I have made more than that in a week back when SAP contracts paid $350/hr. Now they pay much less than that; but I have made upwards of $180K in a month before and I doubt highly you have ever made anywhere near that. That's why I have no problem making a $100K bet that you are a whining little nothing that actually doesn't carry anyone with your taxes. So before you go off again telling me how I want something for nothing, you better clue the heck in and realize I just want something back for all the money I spent carrying the likes of your sorry butt.
    As a veteran myself, I thank you for your service.

    However, I don't believe I even so much as indicated that I or anyone else what, or is interested in what you make, or what you have. who cares?

    I remember people like you growing up. My family were members of the country club, and most people there were ok, but there were a few that thought that they were better than others because of their wealth. They were generally self absorbed, rude, classless pricks.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #159
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No it isn't. Case in point: The mandate. How can you possibly say that my freedom is the same as it was before when one of the central pieces of the legislation takes away my freedom to choose? And that is just the start. There is a litany of things insurance is now required to cover that I don't want. A health care savings plan and a low cost catastrophic insurance plan works wonders for paying the medical bills while protecting my family from catastrophic care bills... but I won't have that choice anymore.

    You are simply lying to yourself if you think you are somehow more free with this bill.

    Only a liberal could think the path to freedom is through greater regulation.
    The mandate doesn't deny you, but instead gives you coverage. You are not denied insurance. you're not denied care. Care isn't run by the government. Like with auto insurance, you're merely mandated to be responsible so that others don't have to carry the burden of your irresponsibility.

    And we've always had regulations. It's part of the world. And these are born by a free people. You will find far fewer regulations in a dictatorship, or in any abusively run government. Government doesn't favor regulations. People push for them in order to deal with a problem that has been identified. Most are largely ground up efforts and not top down.

    A health care savings plan has real limits. It would only really help a small percentage of people. It simply lacks the impact to be viable as the centerpiece of any plan. It certainly can be an aspect, but largely would make little to no noticeable difference.

    And you do have choice. Just as a driver has a choice. But as it should be, choices have consequences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #160
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    I heard their only going to help 11 million uninsured instead of the 22 million they originally planned for. The whole purpose of this idiot program was to help the uninsured, WTF??

    U.S. government scales back Obamacare impact for 2014 | Reuters
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •